Jersey re-creating

Frylock

As part of an ongoing plan I have for a larger project, I'm undertaking the task of visually re-creating some jerseys and uniforms in Photoshop and MSPaint. My first attempt is on the Portland Winter Hawks' alt jersey from last season. The top image is the real deal jersey, and the bottom image is my re-creation...

pwh30jerorig.gif

pwh30jertemp.gif

I could really use some advice on how to attempt this properly. Any feedback left here will be greatly appreciated! Thanks for your time, everyone.

4409811293_559b1d05dd_o.jpg

Hey, thanks for the feedback, guys!

I know I don't have the name and numbers yet, but that's my next step. First thing I wanted to accomplish was to get the striping and hem design placed, then add the logos.

As for how I did it, well... First, I started with the original jersey and measured everything. I then took the data and roughly applied it to Roger Clemente's template in MSPaint. For the logos and the skyline, I only had the crest and the skyline on a desktop wallpaper, so I did some editing in Photoshop, converted the dimensions to pixels, resized and pasted into MSPaint. I didn't have the font for "PORTLAND", so that was created by heavily modifying CityDMed driectly in MSPaint.

While there was a lot more to this re-creation than I detailed above, the bottom line was that Photoshop was used primarily for resizing logos and editing some graphic elements (skyline), but it was all assembled in MSPaint.

Thanks again, and I hope to receive more feedback. :grin:

4409811293_559b1d05dd_o.jpg

looks good, but i think "portland" is a little off, and when i say a little i mean a little. look at the D and where it is in relation to the skyline. looks like it belongs to the right more. other than that tiny detail it looks good.

Archived