MLB alternate logo project

ltravisjr

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Detroit has two major problems. First, those aren't Detroit's colors. Second, the tiger print is pointing the wrong way. That print shows that a tiger just crossed home plate running around the bases clockwise. In baseball, you run the bases counter-clockwise.

Umm...how is Navy and Orange NOT the Tigers' colors? :therock:

Detroit has two major problems. First, those aren't Detroit's colors. Second, the tiger print is pointing the wrong way. That print shows that a tiger just crossed home plate running around the bases clockwise. In baseball, you run the bases counter-clockwise.

Umm...how is Navy and Orange NOT the Tigers' colors? :therock:

Navy and orange are the Tiger's colors, that logo is black and orange... :therock:

You know, I rarely visit ccslsc anymore. I really should fix that.

Chief Wahoo is amazing what are you talking about?

Chief Wahoo isn't amazing.

He is however amazingly racist.

Engine, Engine, Number Nine, on the New York transit line,

If my train goes off the track, pick it up! Pick it up! Pick it up!

Back on the scene, crispy and clean,

You can try, but then why, 'cause you can't intervene.

We be the outcast, down for the settle. Won't play the rock, won't play the pebble.

Anyway, I will start with the AL Central, in order of last year's standings:

Minnesota won the AL Central last year.

For all the good it did them in the playoffs. :rolleyes:

Love the logos, I look forward to seeing the other teams.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Yup,

He's not from India, so he's not even an "Indian" per se.

You can thank Christoper Columbus for that one.

i Love cheif wahoo. i hate the bastardization that has gone on with him in the last few years. and i dread the day that the tribe conforms to the rest of the MLB and only uses an Intial for a logo.

i for one think the MLB needs more cartoony logos

as for the topic at hand: the indians logo design reminds me of the Braves from back in the day. its the feather and i am not a huge fan of that "C" that they have been using on NIKE gear.

OhioStateBuckeyesLightBanner.png by RoscoeUA

hailtothechief.png by gingerbreadman

It's a damn logo who gives a crap. Me living in Cleveland I hope they NEVER get rid of Cheif Wahoo. I hate the argument against Indian/Tribe names like Seminoles, Utes, Indians, Redskins. It's all bull :censored: who gives. It's a logo/mascot how are they being racist.

cmpunksigcopy.gif

Well, it was my intention to just to leave all these alts for now while working on the next set, but, but from the comments, I know the Tiger one simply cannot stand as it is, so I went ahead and revised it:

DETALT2.png

BTW, I did try having home plate face up, but it didn't look good with the perspective.

I appreciate all the comments so far. Vitamin, Ballwonk, and the others who have raved about the Chisox "C" - thanks! I like it too, although it still amazes me it gets some of the raves it does.

Ballwonk, you have some pointed criticism there! Thanks! I appreciate an honest opinion and it will help me improve. By the way, through this project I promise there will be logos that even I would fire the myself for. That is because I am forcing myself to make one for every team, whether they could use one or not. Therefore, some may be a regression, but it is just my attempt to force me to exercise my creativity. Think of some of the simple iconic logos for teams I have yet to attempt (Cubs, Boston, NYY...), and you will see the challenge I have put on my plate!

Thanks all, I the AL East should be up within the next week...

LT

Great ideas LT! Can't wait to see the rest of them.

Yup,

Native Americans are called Indians, get over it.

koizim & averyj I hope that you 2 are just kiding.

DucksCupSig.png

ChargersSig4.gif

Yup,

I think I speak for both of us when I say we are most definitely not kidding.

Yup,

I think I speak for both of us when I say we are most definitely not kidding.

<_<

Natives are Native Americans. They should not be called Indians considering they are not from India. People from India are Indians. Let's not be stupid like Columbus, this is the the modern era where we are educated for the most part and can distinguish where people come from. If you like old skool thinking like Columbus, hop on a time machine and get outta here. EDUCATION GUYS EDUCATION! It works.

Natives are Native Americans. They should not be called Indians considering they are not from India. People from India are Indians. Let's not be stupid like Columbus, this is the the modern era where we are educated for the most part and can distinguish where people come from. If you like old skool thinking like Columbus, hop on a time machine and get outta here. EDUCATION GUYS EDUCATION! It works.

Actually, if we're playing the history card, the "Native Americans" migrated over from Eurasia originally...

(Although I use the term myself, because "Indian" as a generic term is frowned upon by some).

BUT THANKS FOR PLAYING! :rolleyes:

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Yup,

The name is OK just because you can't screw with history.

Also names like Seminoles, Utes, Illini, etc. are fine as well because they show at least some recognition of the area's tribes.

However, names like Redskins, while historic, are blatant racial slurs.

Basically I'm fine with the team being called the Cleveland Indians but Chief Wahoo has to go. The caricature of the red skinned, shifty-eyed, big nosed Native American is nearly as racist as the image of the big lipped, stupid, poor African American portrayed in early 20th century comics.

Engine, Engine, Number Nine, on the New York transit line,

If my train goes off the track, pick it up! Pick it up! Pick it up!

Back on the scene, crispy and clean,

You can try, but then why, 'cause you can't intervene.

We be the outcast, down for the settle. Won't play the rock, won't play the pebble.

Archived