Chargers Logo

rtrich11

The old wordmark, while simple and maybe 'uninspired,' is solid. There's nothing really unique or flashy about it, but there's absolutely no flaws in it. I think that is one solid typeface; a typeface that stands the test of time. That looks great today, but I also see it coming out of an era like the 70s. The new wordmark is uninspired to me. A. It's just kind of there, in one color, and I think the S, both old and new, is really strange, and ugly. The S ruins the wordmark for me. The line quality and illustrative quality is much better on the first horse. I love it. If you figure out a way to create that horse in blue, you'd win. Maybe a light blue horse with dark blue shadows?

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

As promised I took another look at a few details and came back with this. Sorry the blue looks light. Don't know why. Anyway, I simplified some details and borrowed the mane details from the old concept. I am still having trouble with the mane that comes out of the forehead area. The bolt is curved more, too, whereas the last round it was almost straight.

If I am ever to revisit the old Charger, I want to get this one decent first. At least ok enough to walk away from.

ChargerRichards2.jpg

As promised I took another look at a few details and came back with this. Sorry the blue looks light. Don't know why. Anyway, I simplified some details and borrowed the mane details from the old concept. I am still having trouble with the mane that comes out of the forehead area. The bolt is curved more, too, whereas the last round it was almost straight.

If I am ever to revisit the old Charger, I want to get this one decent first. At least ok enough to walk away from.

ChargerRichards2.jpg

That is a FANTASTIC logo...full of tremendous win.

galaxy.png

Back several years ago I did the Chargers logo you see at the top. I like it, but since it's a white horse, and so is the Broncos' logo, I wanted to try a different direction.

The logo at bottom is inspired by the original Chargers logo. The horse is facing left, similar angles, etc. I'm just thinking it's needing a little noodling. Looking for a bit of C+C for inspiration.

ChargerRichards.jpg

That's really cool.

Thats fantasic work. Wow, Im very impressed.

If I can suggest something, it would be the pattern in the mane/lightning bolt don't seem consistent. In the bolt it goes from outside to inside, blue, yellow, blue, white. The mane is blue, yellow, white. I think if you added in that extra blue line it would make this project even better. I also agree there's something weird with the mane at the top of the forehead, can't quite put a finger on it though,,,

As well, as mentioned before, the bolt shape seems a bit off. If you did make it more like the original bolt from the Chargers logo (posted above) I think it would look fantastic.

Anyways what you have now is superb regardless. Keep up the great work, and continue updating us with what youre doing.

Proud owner of the Utah Pioneers of the Continnental Baseball League.

GBCanada.png

PACKER BACKER FOREVER!

I really wish that you would go full speed ahead with the "modified" first concept. It's classy as hell and while the second concept is good, the first one is actually something that could have potential for a professional quality logo.

I'm in 100% agreement with tempest.

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I love doing a logo that is obsolete within two weeks. Great. I took the new bolt from the helmet and added it to the concept...doesn't do a lot. My problem with it here is the same as on the new logo?that where yellow and powder blue meet, it turns into a mushy green at a distance. I brightened the yellow to make it pop more, but still...

newlogo.jpg

Is it just me, or is "CHARGERS" hard to read in the new logo?

ChargerRichards3.jpg

Out of curiosity I'll monkey with the other old Charger logo I did. It'll have to be a yellow horse with white highlights now. We'll see.

Well, I love doing a logo that is obsolete within two weeks. Great. I took the new bolt from the helmet and added it to the concept...doesn't do a lot. My problem with it here is the same as on the new logo?that where yellow and powder blue meet, it turns into a mushy green at a distance. I brightened the yellow to make it pop more, but still...

newlogo.jpg

Is it just me, or is "CHARGERS" hard to read in the new logo?

ChargerRichards3.jpg

Out of curiosity I'll monkey with the other old Charger logo I did. It'll have to be a yellow horse with white highlights now. We'll see.

I can read CHARGERS fine in your logo. I love the incorporation of the new colors and the flame-like mane. Combines a bit of a modern look with the medieval making it appear tough, but smooth. Awesome work!

Archived