Canucks New Look August 1st. Blue, Green, and White Colours.

Corvus

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm hope I'm not alone when I say:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IMO, the current Orca identity is the best they've ever had.

If they are indeed changing the logo, I hope it's NOT to full time use of that stupid Stick-on-Rink logo that looks like it literally took all of 4 econds to create. An interpretation of Johnny Canuck, that is NOT that Lumberjack logo seen in this thread, could work.

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

I couldn't have said it better.

I like the whale-smashing-through-C logo, but not the current colour scheme. Those jerseys are horrible; some of the worst in the NHL. The blue, the red, the silver, the black...they just don't look good. That said, if they could maintain the orca logo, I'd be all for it. Just change the colours.

Wagner Athletic Group

11-2 Saskatoon Steeds (WAFL)-NFL-2014 Western Conference Champions / 8-5 Calgary Pronghorns (TNFF)-CFL-2014 Confederation Cup XI Champions

14-6-2 Saskatoon Yellowheads (XHL)-NHL-1st, Gretzky Conference / 5-4-0 Saskatoon Czars (MLH)-AHL-T2nd, Calder Conference

7-1-6 VfL Dortmund (Weltliga)-Bundesliga-3rd, League / 5-1-5 West End AFC (WFL)-EPL-T5th, League

14-7 Saskatoon Sheiks (AA)-MLB-2014 Founder's Cup Champions

I like the whale-smashing-through-C logo, but not the current colour scheme. Those jerseys are horrible; some of the worst in the NHL. The blue, the red, the silver, the black...they just don't look good. That said, if they could maintain the orca logo, I'd be all for it. Just change the colours.

Personally, I don't think the current colors are that bad:

VancouverCanucks_FRC_9999_SOL.jpg

i like the blue/green thing as long as its not the new trendy "sky" blue, i'm sick of it in ALL sports. They schould take a page from the Florida Everblades and use something similar to those colors with a modern johnny canuck, and have the orca as a 3rd and for a throwback.....the pavel bure/trevor lindon/geoff courtenhall era unis (91-96)

I remember reading that when Vancouver first went with the Orca logo the main colour was supposed to be a forest green rather than the dark blue, but team management chickened out at the last minute and went with the blue. I don't know if that's true ... but the story was out there.

I remember reading that when Vancouver first went with the Orca logo the main colour was supposed to be a forest green rather than the dark blue, but team management chickened out at the last minute and went with the blue. I don't know if that's true ... but the story was out there.

Interesting. If the Canucks were forest green and dark red, I wonder what the Minnesota expansion identity would have been? I highly doubt it'd be 'as is' today.

That said, if they could maintain the orca logo, I'd be all for it. Just change the colours.

73271619fb6.png

50608744ie1.png

76732287gt5.png

I think those would look better if you switched the blue and green (so it has a blue head).

It's a whale...and it's blue and green...the Hartford Whalers! :P The jersey with the circle around Johnny Canuck looks just like the Minnesota Wild alternates to me. Personally, I've always been preferential to these:

250px-PavelBure-front2.jpg

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

Whenever someone is trying to recolor the orca color, please don't use JUST the blue and green. Feel free to use other colors, like the sky blue or silver. Even if the jerseys only use just blue and green, the logo could definately use other colors.

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

Archived