Canucks New Look August 1st. Blue, Green, and White Colours.

Corvus

That said, if they could maintain the orca logo, I'd be all for it. Just change the colours.

73271619fb6.png

50608744ie1.png

76732287gt5.png

I think those would look better if you switched the blue and green (so it has a blue head).

Personally, I've always been preferential to these:

250px-PavelBure-front2.jpg

They at least need to go back to that color scheme. It was unique not just for hockey, but in pro sports. I know they've changed looks multiple times in a fairly short existence, but this was the one that always defined the Canucks for me. Could just be that it's what I grew up seeing them in, because I missed the whole green and blue period. Anyway, the orca's a solid design and a good color scheme, it just never said "Canucks" to me. I never perceived it as anything more than a plug for the ownership, and I'll be glad to see it go.

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm hope I'm not alone when I say:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IMO, the current Orca identity is the best they've ever had.

If they are indeed changing the logo, I hope it's NOT to full time use of that stupid Stick-on-Rink logo that looks like it literally took all of 4 econds to create. An interpretation of Johnny Canuck, that is NOT that Lumberjack logo seen in this thread, could work.

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

As a lifetime Canucks fan (and Vancouver native), I'm pretty confident in saying the local fans are largely indifferent to the Orca look. Its always been seen as a rather cynical attempt at branding the team with the Orcabay name of the company that the former owner used to run the Canucks and GM Place.

I've never liked the "constipated whale" look,or the dark blue jerseys. I prefered the Skate on a Plate, but that's probably because its what I grew up with as a Canucks fan, and what they wore for the 94 Cup Run (Damn you Nathan Lafeyette!). Personally, I love the current retro jerseys. Sure, the logo isn't all that inspired, but its simple and clean.

I don't really think the Canucks will touch Johnny Canuck though, given that the local WHL Giants already have a lumberjack type in their logo:

VAN_1848.gif

Whenever someone is trying to recolor the orca color, please don't use JUST the blue and green. Feel free to use other colors, like the sky blue or silver.

I felt free to use other colors but wanted to try it with just the blue, green, and white.

That being said, I don't particularly care for how they came out.

Even if the jerseys only use just blue and green, the logo could definately use other colors.

I agree.

"If things have gone wrong, I'm talking to myself, and you've got a wet towel wrapped around your head."

I like this better.

nuxrdoilblue.png

I don't. That looks like a ripoff of the Wild alternate which I'm also not a big fan of. If you're gonna use a vintage logo, I don't see why you need to put it inside a circle and try to create a new vintage-looking logo. Just let Johnny Canuck be the logo by himself.

That other set of concepts looks terrific, except I think I'd drop the V on the sleeve stripes. But I love the blue and green scheme, and the stick and rink logo just rules. This is very good news.

Not crazy about this news.

As far as logos go, flying skate > Johnny Canuck > big V/no crest >> orca >> stick/rink. Seriously, I realize there is a sentimental attachment for the old days with that logo, but 1) how many of you were alive when the Canucks used the rink logo? and 2) if an expansion team were to begin play in the NHL in 2007 and the stick/rink was going to be their crest, how viciously would that concept be torn to shreds? It's awfully conceptual to be a good logo, and strikes me as fairly uninspiring whie not being as creative as people say it is ("It's a hidden C! OMG it's like the ball & glove it's so :censored: creative!!"). The orca's no better, :cursing: corporate shill that it is.

And for the colors, my favorite scheme was the Germany colors, always will be. Green/blue still makes me think Hartford Whalers, not Canucks. Black/red/gold, that screams Canucks.

Has a team ever gone through as wildly disparate palette of color changes as the Canucks? The Astros come close, but the Canucks have had 3 color schemes with virtually no links from one to the next (unless they do in fact go retro).

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

WOW!!!! Almost as bad as the penguins! Why live in the 21st century if all we do is live in the past!?!

Whoa whoa whoa, aint a darn thing wrong with the Penguins, pal - aside from the troubling lack of scarf on the peng.

And i've never been a big fan of the flying skate because the logo is extremely hokey and the black and yellow colors don't fit the city at all.

I like the idea of a Johnny Canuck logo on the Canucks' jerseys.

First, it would give the Canucks a logo that actually goes with the name.

Second, it would be a way to provide information about the Canadian version of Uncle Sam. To be honest, I had never heard of Johnny Canuck before seeing this post, and I live next to the border and have many friends in Saskatchewan. We Americans pay little attention to Canadian lore, Canadian culture, Canadian anything (except maybe Canadian bacon, which really isn't Canadian).

I would also love to see the Canucks wearing Johnny Canuck attire play the Rangers when they wear the Statue of Liberty logos. Talk about a potential border war between two NHL teams that are nowhere near to being any kind of rivals.

Just playin' around...what do you all think of THIS color scheme for the Canucks?:

VancouverCanucks_PF1_0000_SOL.jpg

Wow. Just yesterday, I was thinking how good Forest green and sky blue would look as the color scheme for a major league sports team. There are so many great things that could be done with those colors that represent Vancouver and the Canucks image.

Good point.

Bring back the athletic gold, and give the poor penguin back his scarf - it's cold out there on the ice.

Penguins are from the Antarctic, therefore, have no need for scarves. Also, I would give him tap shoes, since although they may not be able to sing, they can dance like nobody's business.

Sorry, I thought Happy Feet was the documentary. Still, no scarf.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

Archived