Canucks New Look August 1st. Blue, Green, and White Colours.

Corvus

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm hope I'm not alone when I say:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IMO, the current Orca identity is the best they've ever had.

If they are indeed changing the logo, I hope it's NOT to full time use of that stupid Stick-on-Rink logo that looks like it literally took all of 4 econds to create. An interpretation of Johnny Canuck, that is NOT that Lumberjack logo seen in this thread, could work.

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

As a lifetime Canucks fan (and Vancouver native), I'm pretty confident in saying the local fans are largely indifferent to the Orca look. Its always been seen as a rather cynical attempt at branding the team with the Orcabay name of the company that the former owner used to run the Canucks and GM Place.

I've never liked the "constipated whale" look,or the dark blue jerseys. I prefered the Skate on a Plate, but that's probably because its what I grew up with as a Canucks fan, and what they wore for the 94 Cup Run (Damn you Nathan Lafeyette!). Personally, I love the current retro jerseys. Sure, the logo isn't all that inspired, but its simple and clean.

I don't really think the Canucks will touch Johnny Canuck though, given that the local WHL Giants already have a lumberjack type in their logo:

VAN_1848.gif

I don't understand why the Canucks can't claim their identity back because of the Giants. The Canucks should have sued Pat Quinn for marketing a lumberjack mascot at their games but that's another issue..........Does it really matter that the Giants logo COULD be a lumberjack? Legally they have no right to market Johnny Canuck and they have never officially said that the logo actually is a lumberjack.

When you actually LOOK at their logo it looks nothing like a lumberjack, much less the actual classic skating Johnny Canuck logo. Take a close look at it.

The Giants logo looks exactly like a football player, not a lumberjack. Yeah he's wearing a toque, but that barely registers.

No, it's a lumberjack.

Well-known BC artist Brent Lynch was commissioned to design the logo for the team. "Brent's design - depicting a stylized lumberjack and the letter 'G' - captured the strength and power that our partnership was looking for in a team logo," said Toigo. "We also liked it because the Giant Lumberjack character provides a uniquely British Columbian flavor, with its suggestion of our folklore, geography and founding culture."

Pat Quinn, general manager and head coach of the National Hockey League's Toronto Maple Leafs and one of Toigo's partners in ownership of the Giants, has long held a soft spot for a 'Lumberjack' figure. "I have always been a fan of the old Johnny Canuck logo," said Quinn. "To me, we have captured that spirit in a more contemporary design and we're thrilled with the result."

Super pumped about this. It has been my opinion that they should do this for a while now. As for the logo i love the rink.

I would really like to see something like this :D

nucks.jpg

Whoa dude now that is one cool looking jersey... can ya do the whiteh version?? also one suggestion, move that circle logo from the bottom left to the shoulder area and there ya go... I do like that main logo..very cool one.. if only the Canucks can get the hint of this and get the new jerseys to look like that...

Logo done by me... The jersey was created by DRutka...

User scottmx posted this concept on another board a while ago, and it's my favorite that I've seen.

ec9a81b0.jpg

My favorite too. They're all my favorites.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

canucks-uniforms.gif

Some reports saying it's real, others saying it was photoshopped....only time will tell.

Photoshopped for certain. It is definitely fake but you never know. NHL.com photoshops logos onto products all the time. It might be photoshopped but the concept could be correct...

Either way, I really like this set. I like them not using two rink "C"s.

canucks-uniforms.gif

Some reports saying it's real, others saying it was photoshopped....only time will tell.

NO IT'S NOT REAL.

That's the Johnny Canuck logo ring concept that I came up with. I really wish people would stop putting it on these ugly All Star Templates. If they're going to steal from me, the least they can do is come up with something a little more creative.

DEATH TO REEBOK

Clearly, the Canucks need some sort of longstanding identity. The one thing i've taken from this thread is how indiscriminate and wildly fluctuating their logo/colors history has been. For the sake of longevity and establishing some sort of traditional look, stick with the damn orca.

canucks-uniforms.gif

NO IT'S NOT REAL.

That's the Johnny Canuck logo ring concept that I came up with. I really wish people would stop putting it on these ugly All Star Templates. If they're going to steal from me, the least they can do is come up with something a little more creative.

Well, according to local sports radio here (Team1040), someone posted it on the Canucks.com message boards. It even got put up on the mid-afternoon show's webpage:

http://team1040.ca/show.php?personality=rick_ball

Rick Ball, Dave Pratt and Don Taylor (three of the personalities on the station) all really liked the concept, for what its worth.

canucks-uniforms.gif

NO IT'S NOT REAL.

Well, according to local sports radio here (Team1040), someone posted it on the Canucks.com message boards. It even got put up on the mid-afternoon show's webpage:

http://team1040.ca/show.php?personality=rick_ball

Rick Ball, Dave Pratt and Don Taylor (three of the personalities on the station) all really liked the concept, for what its worth.

Yup, that's where I originally heard about it too. As soon as Pratt and Taylor started talking about the jersey's I booked it to my computer and looked em up. That's what originally lead me to believe these were the actual jersey's (I know, I know, this is a photoshopped version, but is it a correct model of the actual jersey's is the question). And I do recall letterform's concept with this exact logo, so that pretty much leads me to believe some Canuck fan saw this and posted it on canucks.com.

I made that logo and posted it on this site months ago. Enough people around here know this.

People have been using it without my permission for months. I have to say I'm getting more than a little peeved now that someone has uploaded it to Canucks.com and every other Canucks website claiming that it's real or their own concept. Enough already.

DEATH TO REEBOK

I made that logo and posted it on this site months ago. Enough people around here know this.

People have been using it without my permission for months. I have to say I'm getting more than a little peeved now that someone has uploaded it to Canucks.com and every other Canucks website claiming that it's real or their own concept. Enough already.

I think the guy above me said it best....watermark your work or don't post it at all. Why work so hard and long at something just to have thieves take it from you in a matter of seconds.

Archived