New Russell Arena Jerseys

Sodboy13

Well, now I'm not sure what to think. Here's a shot from last night's season opener, Columbus vs. Nashville:

TTFOBQXUAORREUE.20070302145825.jpg

The Destroyers are using the same number font as last year. And I can't tell if it's because the Nashville jersey is really scrunched up, but those numbers almost look screened. Guess we'll have to see what the rest of the league shows up wearing.

I'll report on the Preds and Storm jerseys tonight when I watch that game tonight.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

no pics yet, but the Storm and Preds jerseys seems to be the same as the ones shown online. The Preds road uni is white jersey with white pants and the Storm have a navy blue jersey with navy blue pants

From last night's War on I-4:

QEXKJLSLUBZOXVN.20070303050743.jpg

Overall, it's a nice, clean look for the Preds, though I don't know what to make of that piping running across the leg. Haven't had an up-close look at the Storm's new set, but from what I've seen, the depiction at Champs is accurate. And while I don't particularly care for the monochrome look they sported last night, the pants striping looks very sharp. Two gold stripes, outlined in white, running down the length of the pants, with the Storm "O" on the hip.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

New Orleans Voodoo from tonight:

blaze%20pregame%20copy.gif

Once again, not block. But not Futura Bold Condensed, either. Looks like it could be the stock font (don't know the name) that I most closely associate with mid-'80s Bears replica jerseys and Southern Illinois men's bashetball. And though it isn't very visible in the above shot, it appears the entwined snakes secondary logo has made a return to the sleeves, as it was in 2004:

C24A7012-MCH.jpg

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

c14cbb4e4f54af3be69b6768ad5a056f.200.jpg

I don't know whether this is actually from last night's Arizona-Georgia game, or if it's a stock photo. But if it is a shot from last night, then the Rattlers still have the proper number font. (EDIT: Photos from azcentral.com show that they do.) At this point, it's appearing that many of the jerseys on the Champs site are inaccurate - just a case of a Photoshopper trying to blow through a project. Whether that will translate to inaccuracies on the actual replica jerseys - well, guess that one will have to wait until they hit the racks. The two teams that concern me at this point are Philly and Chicago - because they were the two who had displayed font changes on actual, physical uniforms at this past week's Russell fashion show. So if they show up with last year's numbers, that would suggest to me that the numbering is not being done in-house at Russell.

Dallas has rolled out a black third jersey. It is the same design as Grambling's Bayou Bowl jerseys and has the Georgia Tech numbers and no logo on the sleeves. A Russell Athletic commercial shows the regular home/away jerseys with the logo, but I think the Texas flag is no longer on the right sleeve. Georgia's sleeve logos are a bit smaller than what they had last year.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Dallas has rolled out a black third jersey. It is the same design as Grambling's Bayou Bowl jerseys and has the Georgia Tech numbers and no logo on the sleeves. A Russell Athletic commercial shows the regular home/away jerseys with the logo, but I think the Texas flag is no longer on the right sleeve. Georgia's sleeve logos are a bit smaller than what they had last year.

Is that a third jersey for certain, or a last-minute overhaul? Either way, using the same specialty number font for two teams in the same league reeks of cheapness. The Rush are sporting the Georgia Tech numbers, they are screened, and the grey outline is almost invisible - a bad look. Also, the intro showed the Soul in block numbers, with every other team in the fonts we've seen thus far, so I'm guessing that's a go.

Oh, and Jaworski is doing one of the worst puke jobs I've ever heard on the play-by-play.

I can't find any pics right now, but Dallas' jerseys look nothing like the jerseys on the Champs website and they are not using block numbers.

They switched over to a more "entertaining" game so now I'm watching Chitown @ KC. The Brigade look NICE. The only change I would make, might be white numbers.

Athletic Director: KTU Blue Grassers Football

Oh, and Jaworski is doing one of the worst puke jobs I've ever heard on the play-by-play.

Damn right. Who in their right mind would let him in the booth???

Anyways...I guess the block numbers were just for placeholders, since apparently everyone else has their numbers right. I can assure you that Arizona still has their same numbers because I watched the Force-Rattlers game last night and it sure didn't look like block #'s to me.

So yeah, Champs just did some :censored: photoshopping.

i've got the karate kid on abc instead of afl =(

Your local station would rather show the Karate Kid than Arena Football. I'm sorry.

Athletic Director: KTU Blue Grassers Football

I can't find any pics right now, but Dallas' jerseys look nothing like the jerseys on the Champs website and they are not using block numbers.

They switched over to a more "entertaining" game so now I'm watching Chitown @ KC. The Brigade look NICE. The only change I would make, might be white numbers.

I was at Chi-KC today. Disappointed in the Ga Tech font on the Rush jersies. That font is now on a lot of high school basketball jersies including the girls' team in the town I live in, so I'd almost consider it a generic font with it getting so wide spread.

Then someone was walking through the concourse at halftime with an authentic Rush jersey from last year and it was sweet. Russell ruined the Rush's jersies. :mad:

The Brigade's blue looked like it might be slightly darker than last year, especially when comparing it to the replicas of last year's unis that some people were wearing. I'd almost call it "periwinkle" (what they called the Angels' light blue during the Disney era) versus "sky blue" or "powder blue". The silver numbers were a little hard to see on the blue but stood out well on the black shoulders. Overall, the Brigade's unis looked very good.

Ape.

Overall, I'm disappointed. Taking the fonts away from the jerseys kinda strips some of the personality out of them. You may as well take off the logos, too.

Speaking of which, I'm still going to wear my Soul jersey with the old numbers on them. They're still good, their still classy, and they're a good conversation starter.

(and if wearing one of Tom O'Grady's designs is wrong, I don't want to be right. :hockeysmiley: )

(Which is not because I like the man, you understand. He's still a douchebag. But I like the team.)

philly.png

UNHBCMAJMKZIYNE.20070304204705.jpg

Dallas in the WTF blacks, with pants piping that turns into an NHL All-Star sock at the back. And the Dragons wearing white pants for possibly the first time in team history. Unstriped, unpiped, white pants. After losing 60-7, may we never see them again. (Side note: The banner on Dallas' team page on the AFL website reads "Dallas Deperados." What is this, the Niffle?)

NMVEUBZCKJDBAVZ.20070305130812.jpg

Sabercats vs. Avengers. L.A. has lost their number font, and has the same doofus thing going on at the back of their pants as Dallas. The Cats are pretty much the same as last year.

272382821ac2756184792d3d10f2ab9d.500.jpg

VXVFHGICHXHCGSR.20070305015812.jpg

The new-look Grand Rapids Rampage. Niiiiice. Are those silver away jerseys, or is that just the lighting? And Colorado's pretty much unchanged from last year, except the number font (which was block on the roads last year, and may have been scrapped due to legibility issues.)

PDRZWSZODEWLXCU.20070305032819.jpg

Wranglers vs. Gladiators. Austin's wearing something that's almost, but not quite, their Miami template from last year. And Vegas is sporting the Avalanche numeral font (screened - sigh) - not the first time Russell's slapped that on a team ('03 NY Dragons.)

Archived