The New Yankee Stadium

averyj

I hate to blow up peoples spot..but the Yankees have had those up for months. thanks anyway for your willingness to share. The Yankees have been pushing the new stadium kinda hard now, I just got my season tickets in the mail and it came with a "fan guide to the new stadium and new stadium poster."

yankeesfansd4.png91140975269.png

Isles1.gifirelandnw9.png

neyyorkjetsdj1.gif

sig3_605.jpg

chevroletij6.png

It's kind of surreal, because it pretty much looks just like Yankee Stadium, but it won't be in the same place.

I like that the frieze was restored to the grandstand, but since so many of us are used to it in its current position, why not have it both ways?

It's kind of surreal, because it pretty much looks just like Yankee Stadium, but it won't be in the same place.

I like that the frieze was restored to the grandstand, but since so many of us are used to it in its current position, why not have it both ways?

That's what I was thinking also.

You know, I rarely visit ccslsc anymore. I really should fix that.

I agree, and it's gonna be an absolutely breathtaking stadium, but I can't help but feel a bit cheated. It almost looks *too* much like the current stadium. By no means would I want to make it too lavish, but I don't see this as enough of an upgrade to justify building a whole new ballpark.

combines the best of the past, present and future. If this was built on the original site, far less people would be complaining about it. The problem is, it just isn't financially and logistically feasible for another renovation (Yankees would then need to share Shea Stadium with the Mets for 2 full seasons)

combines the best of the past, present and future. If this was built on the original site, far less people would be complaining about it. The problem is, it just isn't financially and logistically feasible for another renovation (Yankees would then need to share Shea Stadium with the Mets for 2 full seasons)

Except for the fact that it's not going to be.

Macombs Dam Park is the location.

Plus the Mets are getting a new stadium in 2009 also.

You know, I rarely visit ccslsc anymore. I really should fix that.

Archived