University Of Texas At Arlington Football

OldRamsFan

Hi,

UTA hasn't had a football team since 1985 (when I went there). This spring, a group trying to revive football at the university formed a semi pro football club, which is sponsored by the university. the hope is to get enough attendance at the games to show the pres that students would support a NCAA team. The football club has some Bronco/swoosh type unis, but I thought I'd take a shot at designing unis for a possible future NCAA team that even has some elements of a much earlier Broncos team.

I'm not too good at this, so I hope it's not too sloppy for you.

Here are the UTA Mavericks. The logo is the official logo, I didn't create it.

uta.gif

uta-big-sam-little-uta.png

For the sake of continuity, I'd either nix the blue stripe on the white pants and make it a solid yellow strip, or add a white strip to the blue pants to make them inverses. Same thing for the shoulder colors.

Looks very collegiate.

"In the arena of logic, I fight unarmed."

I tweet & tumble.

For the sake of continuity, I'd either nix the blue stripe on the white pants and make it a solid yellow strip, or add a white strip to the blue pants to make them inverses. Same thing for the shoulder colors.

Looks very collegiate.

Thank you for the tips. Do you thing the jerseys look better with the contrasting shoulders or without?

when did UTA become blue and yellow?

i thought it was blue and white, and when forced into using a 3rd color, red...

It's actually blue and white now, they took out the red and added an orange highlight to honor the University of Texas South Campus (our little pet name for UT Austin).

Maybe my LCD monitor needs calibrating, because I thought I was using orange...doh!

Yeah, I went to their athletic site to find out, and their third color is indeed red (although not used very often). The design is still solid, I'd just like to see something with red instead of orange.

QPR%20Sig.png

Yeah, I went to their athletic site to find out, and their third color is indeed red (although not used very often). The design is still solid, I'd just like to see something with red instead of orange.

I just went to the Athletics site, and yes, they still have red. But go to the main site (www.uta.edu), and you'll see the orange in the logo, on the hypertext links, on the "My Mav" sign-in; there is no red to be found on that page. I went to a dinner in which the president of the University made a speech and he mentioned that orange had been added as a tribute to UT Austin. In fact, UTA clothing is now sold in orange as well as blue. Maybe the red just hasn't been removed from certain logos or maybe there are 2 "3rd colors".

By the way, thanks for the kind words about the design. I put together something in red, since UTA can't seem to make up its mind about what their 3rd color is.

uta_red_2.gif

On these, the red shoulders don't translate as well as the orange ones did, but the primary home and away uniforms look good. I can understand the confusion, some schools have both academic and athletic colors (look at the University of Montana as an example: copper, gold, and silver for academics, maroon and silver for athletics).

QPR%20Sig.png

I just went to the Athletics site, and yes, they still have red. But go to the main site (www.uta.edu), and you'll see the orange in the logo, on the hypertext links, on the "My Mav" sign-in; there is no red to be found on that page. I went to a dinner in which the president of the University made a speech and he mentioned that orange had been added as a tribute to UT Austin. In fact, UTA clothing is now sold in orange as well as blue. Maybe the red just hasn't been removed from certain logos or maybe there are 2 "3rd colors".

By the way, thanks for the kind words about the design. I put together something in red, since UTA can't seem to make up its mind about what their 3rd color is.

uta_red_2.gif

Red is on the way out with orange now the official third, all schools in the UT system are supposed to have some type of orange in their scheme. The athletic teams are still allowed to wear red until the new uniforms can be ordered which will empasize blue and white only.

Archived