What's The Story With This Pic?

dirwuf

mlb_santo_275.jpg

What kind of solemn ceremony would the Cubs have possibly recruited Milton Berle for? Really, I need to find out the story behind this pic, which I found in an espn.com article about Ron Santo. It's either 1970 or 1971.

Some google searching led me to a transcript of an interview with Tom Hanks. He mentioned that Milton Berle once stopped a Cubs game for a moment of prayer for the crewmen of the Apollo 13.

So that must have either happened during the Cubs game, or prior to it.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

Some google searching led me to a transcript of an interview with Tom Hanks. He mentioned that Milton Berle once stopped a Cubs game for a moment of prayer for the crewmen of the Apollo 13.

So that must have either happened during the Cubs game, or prior to it.

Artificial anus or not, that's some damn good googling there man. notworthy.gifnotworthy.gifnotworthy.gif

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

Wow, thanks for the great detective work...the transcript of Tom Hanks is at: http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0405/29/pitn.01.html ...just search for 'Cubs' on the page. The pic was taken sometime between April 14-17, 1970.

The Hanks transcript indicates that the interview included a video clip of Berle at Wrigley, which I think may even have been used in the film "Apollo 13"...can someone verify that?

What I find most amusing about all of this is that espn.com apparently needed a photo of Santo for their article ( http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/columns/sto...&id=2782088 ) and this was the best they could do...

• LMU locked this topic

Archived