Official NFL Free Agency Thread

TBGKon

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Super Bowl MVP* Dominic Rhodes signs a 2 year, 7.5 million dollar deal with the Raiders.

*-He wasn't the actual MVP, but close enough.

The Raiders always sign the SB MVP and they never do anything for them.

See Larry Brown and Desmond Howard.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Then again i could be rong.

u just mite b.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Plummers rights and #4 for the #1? I know Al Davis is senile but noone is that dumb to make that trade.

<Paul Tagliabue Voice> There has been a trade. Washington sends their 1999 1st round pick to New Orleans for their 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th, and 7th round picks, as well as their 2000 1st and 3rd round picks. And with the fifth selection, New Orleans selects Ricky Williams from the University of Texas. </Paul Tagliabue Voice>

Good Point :D

BUT. The trade bucfan suggested would mean Jake Plummer is worth the 12th overall pick. (look up a draft pick trade chart). Is anyone dumb enough to think that?

I really cant understand what the issue would be with that. Oakland makes that kinda move they get the vet presence they want at QB plus possibly a big back in Adrian Peterson. Its not like the bucs have the 20th pick or anyhting. And even so, if they make that deal and dont want a running back, both Quinn and JaMarcus Russel could still be on the board and then could sit behind Plummer for a year or two and develop instead of being tossed into the game immidately.

To trade up from #4 to #1 it would take something equivalent to the 12th Overall Pick to get there. Look up a trade value chart. (http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/features/valuechart.html). As we now know Plummer is worth a 4th Round Pick at best. As you see with that value the Bucs couldnt even move up from #4 to #3 with that deal. The trade you suggested is more lop sided than Tara Reid post boob job.

Because of a"Trade Values Chart"? Ive never even heard of that. And I dont see how its lopsided if the Raiders gain an extra veteran quarterback, dont lose anything anyway (Either Quinn or Russel and Peterson WILL still be there in the forth slot), and end up paying less for their pick. Is having the first pick really that super awesome that its not worth trading even if your set to gain quite a bit more? I mean yeah sure, that chart thingy says its not good, but that chart thingy doesnt take into account other factors such as income of your pick, vet presence, the fact that whoever the Raiders choose would be tossed into the game still wet, ect ect ect.

That Trade Value Chart is very, very, close to the one NFL teams use to value Draft Picks. If you think the Raiders would drop down out of the top pick cause of Jake Plummer then thats cool, but Im saying its just not realisitc.

The Raiders can choose any player they want at #1. By going to #4 you could have your top 3 players on the board gone by the time you pick. Its crazy to suggest that an aging QB, thats worth a 4th round pick at best, whos been benched, and has mediocre at best stats recently would get a team to trade out of #1. Look how much it took for New York to get Manning and the #1 Selection.

If anything I could see the Raiders taking CJ and trading him for a huge amount to someone for picking Russell.... i.e.

1) OAK- CJ

2) DET- Thomas

3) CLE- Peterson

4) TB- Russell

Then Oakland could make Tampa give up say Russell, a 3rd, next years first, and a late draft pick next year for CJ.

Proud owner of the Utah Pioneers of the Continnental Baseball League.

GBCanada.png

PACKER BACKER FOREVER!

Dam i feel sorry for the saints work so hard and where they made it last year , and now they are loosing some of there key players. One of the teams i like but hopefully they can get some good players to replace them.

4kv29i.jpg

stallworth played for the eagles last year and not the saints.

and the seahawks signed deon grant to a 6!! year deal link

they also realeased grant wistrom and signed brian russle. i like these moves grant is an improvment over hamlin and russle can compete with boluware for the other saftey spot. now they just need a te and a good guard

Stalllworth's getting $12M guaranteed. Got news for the Patriots: he ain't that good. Maybe they've got some good hamstring doctors up in the northeast.

I'll agree that the Patriots overpaid for Stallworth, but he's definitely an upgrade over Jennifer Wilbanks.

#CHOMPCHOMPCHOMP

Stalllworth's getting $12M guaranteed. Got news for the Patriots: he ain't that good. Maybe they've got some good hamstring doctors up in the northeast.

I'll agree that the Patriots overpaid for Stallworth, but he's definitely an upgrade over Jennifer Wilbanks.

She's been playing for the Patriots? :blink:

0602051wilbanks1.jpg

You know, except for the eyes, she looks different in uniform: :D

600px-Caldwell-theeyes.jpg

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

She's been playing for the Patriots? :blink:

0602051wilbanks1.jpg

You know, except for the eyes, she looks different in uniform: :D

600px-Caldwell-theeyes.jpg

That ain't even right.

Not right at all.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Pats sign former Bengal Kelley Washington to a 5 year deal that could be worth $22 million.....did someone kidnap Bob Kraft and replace him with Daniel Snyder or something?!?

I always wondered what the Patriots would do if the Colts actually won the Super Bowl.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Pats sign former Bengal Kelley Washington to a 5 year deal that could be worth $22 million.....did someone kidnap Bob Kraft and replace him with Daniel Snyder or something?!?

I always wondered what the Patriots would do if the Colts actually won the Super Bowl.

Hahaha.

Although, if you read into the Stallworth and Washington contracts, they are essentially 1 year deals. The remaining years are options, via the Patriots, not the player.

When I first heard of Stallworth and Washington I almost threw myself infront of a bus, until I did some more reading and realized what I just mentioned. Now I can sleep at night.

On the other hand though, after years and years of the "go ahead, get the hell out of here, we can find someone to replace you" aura that has been the Pats front office, I think their confidence is shot. They failed miserably without the likes of Deion Branch and Willie McGinnest. I get the feeling they realize Brady isn't getting any younger and all the Patriots-Esque players they've stockpiled have either jumped ship or been arrogently kicked out. This offseason is not the offseason that the 2001-2005 Patriots would partake in, something's fishy, and I don't like it.

Bears | Briggs says he's done in Chicago

Mon, 12 Mar 2007 15:12:20 -0800

Jay Glazer, of FOXSports.com, reports Chicago Bears LB Lance Briggs, who is the team's franchise player, said he is prepared to sit out the 2007 season if the Bears do not trade or release him. He went on to say he's played his last down for the team and will never play in Chicago again.

Archived