Official NFL Free Agency Thread

TBGKon

Bears | Briggs says he's done in Chicago

Mon, 12 Mar 2007 15:12:20 -0800

Jay Glazer, of FOXSports.com, reports Chicago Bears LB Lance Briggs, who is the team's franchise player, said he is prepared to sit out the 2007 season if the Bears do not trade or release him. He went on to say he's played his last down for the team and will never play in Chicago again.

He'll play. That said, I hope he does sit out. I can't stand the franchise tag.

IUe6Hvh.png

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Bears are one of the cheapest organizations in all of sports.

They get into arguements with the Park District over who's going to pay for the Turf resodding in in the playoffs every single year they make it into the playoffs. This is a $75k cost or so and the mighty Bears can't pay for it while the Chicago Park District has to. You know, the one that has after school programs and such for kids...

I mean, what is that? One section of fans tickets for the game?

Great Fans, Coaches, Players, History...Terrible Upper Management.

Pats sign former Bengal Kelley Washington to a 5 year deal that could be worth $22 million.....did someone kidnap Bob Kraft and replace him with Daniel Snyder or something?!?

I always wondered what the Patriots would do if the Colts actually won the Super Bowl.

Hahaha.

Although, if you read into the Stallworth and Washington contracts, they are essentially 1 year deals. The remaining years are options, via the Patriots, not the player.

When I first heard of Stallworth and Washington I almost threw myself infront of a bus, until I did some more reading and realized what I just mentioned. Now I can sleep at night.

On the other hand though, after years and years of the "go ahead, get the hell out of here, we can find someone to replace you" aura that has been the Pats front office, I think their confidence is shot. They failed miserably without the likes of Deion Branch and Willie McGinnest. I get the feeling they realize Brady isn't getting any younger and all the Patriots-Esque players they've stockpiled have either jumped ship or been arrogently kicked out. This offseason is not the offseason that the 2001-2005 Patriots would partake in, something's fishy, and I don't like it.

We've become the Redskins.

When did they last win anything?

They're bringing in all these guys to a team that was one TD short of a Super Bowl.

Oh, and I've got a site.

Footy Jumpers Dot Com

ESPN.com - NFL - Titans snag CB Harper from Super Bowl champs

About :cursing: time the Titans did something

[And w/ that this is POST #1000 for me (bow)]

Doesn't "Pacman" play Cornerback?... :wink2:

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Pats sign former Bengal Kelley Washington to a 5 year deal that could be worth $22 million.....did someone kidnap Bob Kraft and replace him with Daniel Snyder or something?!?

I always wondered what the Patriots would do if the Colts actually won the Super Bowl.

Hahaha.

Although, if you read into the Stallworth and Washington contracts, they are essentially 1 year deals. The remaining years are options, via the Patriots, not the player.

When I first heard of Stallworth and Washington I almost threw myself infront of a bus, until I did some more reading and realized what I just mentioned. Now I can sleep at night.

On the other hand though, after years and years of the "go ahead, get the hell out of here, we can find someone to replace you" aura that has been the Pats front office, I think their confidence is shot. They failed miserably without the likes of Deion Branch and Willie McGinnest. I get the feeling they realize Brady isn't getting any younger and all the Patriots-Esque players they've stockpiled have either jumped ship or been arrogently kicked out. This offseason is not the offseason that the 2001-2005 Patriots would partake in, something's fishy, and I don't like it.

They're bringing in all these guys to a team that was one TD short of a Super Bowl.

I hate going over what could've been but had Troy Brown never gotten flagged for a pick that recievers do consitantly (hell I got it done to me in highschool ball constantly with no flag) than who knows what could've been? Our offense wasn't the problem vs. the Colts, it was our absolute lack of depth on the defensve side of the ball. The arrogentness (is that even a word) of the Patriots front office was on full display in the RCA Dome.

Personally, I love our defensive signings, and resignings for that matter. Unfortunetly though, per usual, I do not agree with the Patriots offensive game plan. 3, count them THREE wideouts who not 1 among them is a solidified number 1, and you just throw money at them? I don't know, I do know I don't like it though. I think passing on Brandon Stokley was a terrible move, he IS a Belichick player (tough, gritty, and hell I just like him). Also, with the success the Patriots have showed in past drafts, I'm not completely sold on a 2nd pick AND 30+ mil for a wideout who had 1 good year. Giving Stallworth 30+ mil also doesn't make too much sense to me, this guy was supposed to break out 2 years ago and still hasen't. The Patriots are panicking, and it shows. Word around the south shore is Scott Pioli talked to Bob Kraft about life after Brady, and collectivly decided to demand Brady start poping out kids at a record pace, to atleast gurantee one with athletic ability.

Seahwaks sign Marcus Pollard to replace that loser Jerammy Stevens who by the way was just arrested for marijuna and DUI charges. I really like this signing even though im not really familiar with him he seems like from what i've been reading to be a great fit in the west coast offence. And he is a 13 year vet so hopefully he isn't going to be like Stevens and talk a big game and not produce.

Heres the link

Hahaha.

I hate going over what could've been but had Troy Brown never gotten flagged for a pick that recievers do consitantly (hell I got it done to me in highschool ball constantly with no flag) than who knows what could've been? Our offense wasn't the problem vs. the Colts, it was our absolute lack of depth on the defensve side of the ball. The arrogentness (is that even a word) of the Patriots front office was on full display in the RCA Dome.

Well, the problem was that Troy Brown set a 'pick' by putting two arms stiffly into the chest of an opponent -- just past five yards, too. Patriots fans can have beef with a call or two but I don't think that's one of 'em.

And I believe the word you're looking for is arrogance. ;)

IUe6Hvh.png

Seahwaks sign Marcus Pollard to replace that loser Jerammy Stevens who by the way was just arrested for marijuna and DUI charges. I really like this signing even though im not really familiar with him he seems like from what i've been reading to be a great fit in the west coast offence. And he is a 13 year vet so hopefully he isn't going to be like Stevens and talk a big game and not produce.

Heres the link

Good guy, pretty good tight end (was on the Colts for a long time til they had to let him go for cap reasons). I kind of used to like him actually (Bradley Alum and all), until this news came out. (Now I must pray he drops many passes because he had the poor choice to become a Seahag).

You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

I wonder if the Bills realize they still don't have a running back. I wonder if Marv Levy has taken his Geritol lately. I wonder what Geritol actually is.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

I wonder if the Bills realize they still don't have a running back. I wonder if Marv Levy has taken his Geritol lately. I wonder what Geritol actually is.

I really thought A-Train was good enough last year to start. Plus a probable RB draft pick they should be pretty much set at RB, now they just need a good FB to block for them.

saBS.png

Personally, I love our defensive signings, and resignings for that matter. Unfortunetly though, per usual, I do not agree with the Patriots offensive game plan. 3, count them THREE wideouts who not 1 among them is a solidified number 1, and you just throw money at them? I don't know, I do know I don't like it though. I think passing on Brandon Stokley was a terrible move, he IS a Belichick player (tough, gritty, and hell I just like him). Also, with the success the Patriots have showed in past drafts, I'm not completely sold on a 2nd pick AND 30+ mil for a wideout who had 1 good year. Giving Stallworth 30+ mil also doesn't make too much sense to me, this guy was supposed to break out 2 years ago and still hasen't. The Patriots are panicking, and it shows. Word around the south shore is Scott Pioli talked to Bob Kraft about life after Brady, and collectivly decided to demand Brady start poping out kids at a record pace, to atleast gurantee one with athletic ability.

Arrogance aside, you have to wonder if they make & win the Super Bowl, do they throw money at guys like it was confetti at a wedding? Or keep the same team together as much as possible.

They never usually pick the big name guys. Like getting Larry Izzo. I was thinking "great, who is this guy?"

But he's been great in his little area of the game.

One thing they seem to do well is take guys with some upside, and use that upside to its fullest, while minimising whatever downside exists.

These new players might have plenty of downside, I don't know, but the big money is only going to come to them if they see a lot of upside and retain them. They're not giving Stallworth 30 Mill unless he sticks.

If he doesn't stand out, he's gone and someone else will get the 30 Mill.

It does look like panic, but then, Brady still has a few years left, and if they give him some targets to throw to, we should be a contender. So I can't really say I am against these signings. It just looks weird that it's the Pats signing all these guys.

The Rock would have said "Know your role". This isn't the Pats "role".

Oh, and I've got a site.

Footy Jumpers Dot Com

Seahwaks sign Marcus Pollard to replace that loser Jerammy Stevens who by the way was just arrested for marijuna and DUI charges.

I am not very impressed with the Seahawk's off-season. An aging Marcus Pollard is not much of an answer, and Stevens is a Husky, so bad attitude and poor work ethic are pretty much expected. You can't throw a rock without hitting a tavern in Seattle, that doesn't have at least one Stevens incident to tell you about.

It's just that this time, he got caught in Arizona, guess he just found a new place to drink too much, slap women around, and make a general ass of himself.

I am stunned we didn't go after McMichael, how dare we cite "character issues", when our Tight End since 2002, has been a Seattle-tavern joke and three time loser with the law.

This is a minority opinion amongst Seahawk fans, but I think Ruskell totally sucks. He blew the Hutchinson deal, he blew the reaction to that deal with a stupid deal to contract to Burleson, he squandered a first round pick for Branch (who contributed next to nothing in '06). He brings Dielman all the way to our town, can't catch the fish, then blames the weather???

It was a brutal off-season to watch last year, we squandered so many opportunities, and its looking like a repeat of last year.

Seahwaks sign Marcus Pollard to replace that loser Jerammy Stevens who by the way was just arrested for marijuna and DUI charges.

I am not very impressed with the Seahawk's off-season. An aging Marcus Pollard is not much of an answer, and Stevens is a Husky, so bad attitude and poor work ethic are pretty much expected. You can't throw a rock without hitting a tavern in Seattle, that doesn't have at least one Stevens incident to tell you about.

It's just that this time, he got caught in Arizona, guess he just found a new place to drink too much, slap women around, and make a general ass of himself.

I am stunned we didn't go after McMichael, how dare we cite "character issues", when our Tight End since 2002, has been a Seattle-tavern joke and three time loser with the law.

This is a minority opinion amongst Seahawk fans, but I think Ruskell totally sucks. He blew the Hutchinson deal, he blew the reaction to that deal with a stupid deal to contract to Burleson, he squandered a first round pick for Branch (who contributed next to nothing in '06). He brings Dielman all the way to our town, can't catch the fish, then blames the weather???

It was a brutal off-season to watch last year, we squandered so many opportunities, and its looking like a repeat of last year.

Pollard isn't the long term answer but I do think he better than Stevens and will fill in nicly, plus the hawks could always draft a TE in the draft. I agree though that Ruskell for all the reason you listed is a bad gm, i have now idea why he traded for Branch when the Hawks already had Jackson, Engram, Hackett and Burlleson the 48 million dollar man. You dont give 49 to the best guard in the leauge but you give 48 to a return man plus you losse a pick. I do like the Kerney and Grant pickups though. All we need is a guard.

So T.J. Duckett signs with the Lions.

Okay...

So let's see...they get Tatum Bell, who was a good player with the Broncos (but then, what RB HASN'T been in that RB factory lately???), and pair him with a guy who has a pretty decent short-yardage runner with the Falcons (plus he goes back to the state where he was a star for the State University). Pretty decent backfield eh?

Then they lose Cory Schesinger.

Hmmm...Shumway, if you're out there, you care to chime in on this?

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

And Kevin Curtis goes to...

...the Eagles.

Solid signing, after losing Stallworth they needed SOMEONE to step in. Still not a great receiving corpse if you ask me (Brown/Curtis/Baskett/Lewis/Avant).

And I ask again...anybody know a good jersey customizer in the DC area?

Today, we are all otaku.

Archived