Ccm question

CubsFanBudMan

This was mentioned briefly on another thread somehere, but I just spent way too long looking for it on on the fanhome board, where I thought it was. I'm having a hard time keeping track of the boards and which conversation took place where, so please bear with me.

ANYWAY, someone mentioned that you can identify when a CCM jersey was made by the tag... like they used to be blue, then switched to a blue-gray-blue, etc.

I just bought my first hockey jersey really cheap on ebay, and it has stitched logos... looks really nice. The seller said it was early '90s, and the CCM logo is overlayed on a hockey rink on the tag. There also is a CCM on the tail, but no logo.

I don't know if it's an old authentic or a replica, but either way I'm very happy with it. But I am curious how you tell the difference. I know there are a lot of hockey experts on here. Thanks for helping a hockey novice.

Well, this is as far as I know...

In the early nineties, they didn't use anything, just that little white tag that has the size and fabric listings.

In the mid nineties they put up that three inch tag with the light blue hockey rink with the CCM logo on it.

In the late nineties up to 2001, They use that blue/black CCM tag.

Starting with 2001, they began using a three tiered tag: gray stripe, white box/gray box, gray stripe.  As well, Koho got into jerseys as well, so you have that two tiered yellow box, white box KOHO tag.

The 2001 Authentic jerseys tags are slightly different.  For the CCM tag it's three tiered: blue stripe, white box/gray box, blue stripe.  With Koho it's two tiered, yellow and black.

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

Thanks! I guess it was cheap because it was from the mid-90s then, even though its the same look as their current jerseys.

I saw some pics of authentics online and I swear I can't find the difference. I'm wearing it to the next game and will compare it in the team store. I'm still pleasantly surprised by the quality.

Archived