Maryland Terps Football

Ben5

The numbers are too wide. One of them is a thin little one and the number itself still takes up the entire jersey horizontally. I fear a number like 44 wouldn't even fit. Other than that it's great!

IUe6Hvh.png

• 2 weeks later...
Very nice, but a white helmet with "Terps" in red script with black outline would be nice.

Leonard, you live in Maryland. Wouldn't you prefer seeing your state's banner -- one of the classiest banners among all states in this great country -- on your university's football helmets rather than Terps in script?

Gosh, if North Dakota had a decent state flag, I'd sure want it shown. Especially if it went along with the university's colors, like Maryland's does.

Very nice work. I have only two criticisms, which are minor:

1. I also think this set would look better with a white helmet. I think the M-flag logo just pops more on a white background. (For the record, I'm with winghaz in loving the Maryland flag, but I always thought I was just biased as a Maryland resident.)

2. I wouldn't mind seeing a little bit more of the black and gold. Perhaps just make the lines a little bolder in the areas where you use it as trim (example -- around the shoulder loops).

All in all, very well done.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

• 4 months later...

I was driving in the car the other day, and I saw a kid wearing a Maryland basketball jersey. Why the hell this kid had this jersey in western Ohio I have no idea, but it gave me an idea for an update to this concept. I gave into all the white helmet talk, but I got rid of the stripes, because I think the striping pattern on the helmet would be a little too much. I think both black and yellow are a little more visible now, and the numbers are thinner than before. I dropped the black pants because I didn't think they were necessary.

maryland2.png

Thanks for the C&C back in March, and thanks for the C&C in the current era.

that's too much like their basketball jerseys if you ask me...

i liked where you went the first time...this one just seems to busy for me. i guess i would add more black since the school's colors are technically black and red. but i love the white helmet, but i think atleast one stripe would look good.

• 6 years later...

Lovely concepts Ben5. Although this is an old forum topic, but I gotta love it, despite the Terps' current uniform design set. However, it would be better if the numbers would be on the shoulders and not on the sleeves. Plus, I would expect a black jersey/pants as well.

Florida State Seminoles fan for life (mostly on football, basketball and baseball)! 2011-12 ACC men's basketball conference tournament champions; 2012, 2013 & 2014 ACC football Atlantic Division champions; 2012, 2013 & 2014 ACC football regular season champions; 2012, 2013 & 2014 ACC football conference bowl tournament champions; 2014 NCAA D-I FBS BCS national champions!

Thanks man. If I ever decide to update this 5 year old concept, I'll consider it.

No prob. And sounds fair enough. By the way, could you try to make a remake of the Terps jerseys from 2004 to 2009, but under your style? And using the number/letter font of the Terps jerseys from 99 to 2002? It would be so legit before Maryland made their current jersey set (although I gotta admit that their new and current letter/number font looks so legit)!

Florida State Seminoles fan for life (mostly on football, basketball and baseball)! 2011-12 ACC men's basketball conference tournament champions; 2012, 2013 & 2014 ACC football Atlantic Division champions; 2012, 2013 & 2014 ACC football regular season champions; 2012, 2013 & 2014 ACC football conference bowl tournament champions; 2014 NCAA D-I FBS BCS national champions!

Archived