Discrimibattle xii

Discrim

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

comments have been asked for, and comments shall be given...i'm still in shock from another post, but anyway:

GMS: the logo would definitely fly, looks like something i've been trying to do for a bit.  The court looks right.  and the uniforms evoke memories of the 80s set that we saw return last year, though look different enough that they can be considered a nice modernization.

rheistad: whoa...this is nice, i must say.  you said you're proud of it, i'd be too if i did that.  I figure this would be one hell of a series, having the best of the NHL face off with the best the Swedish Elite League has to offer.  About the only thing missing is the billions of ads on the Swedish dark/NHL light :D j/k, never required ads so you don't have to do anything about that if you don't want to...a hockey series i'd like to see develop if anyone ever catches wind of it

mjr: a nice idea, along the lines of rheistad's Elite Challenge...and nice idea with the merged fields too.  the logo itself is decent, but overall makes sense for what we're going for.  I ask myself though...would we see a Sterling Sharpe episode where an NFL player got in the U.S. endzone and started celebrating...only to discover this half was CFL rules :D

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

nobody has anything to say, other than 'it's cracking me up'

GMS - the skyline in the logo is sweet.....being from detroit, i love to see any attention the city gets (positive), the unis are nice, although i would go with a different number font. i love the court design.

mjr - sweet concept, the field is awesome and i like the unis, but i wouldn't have used a serif font for the nfl nameplate. i really like the cfl unis alot.

rheistad - just the quality look of the concept blows me away. great job.

Rheistad, it's nice, but could you shrink it down or split it up a bit? 300+ KB take a surprising while to load.

GMS... your idea is fantastic. I like it very much.

MJR... that's awesome! Except for the jersey names. That's absolutely unacceptable! :angry: But besides that, the goal posts would have to be moved about 5 yards forward, but otherwise... very interesting idea!

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

I made this logo and these uniforms a loooooong time ago. I decided to put them together now. It's for a Dallas NHL All-Star Game. I couldn't think of a wordmark, but they don't really need one.

Copy and paste for each:

Logo:

http://www.geocities.com/rogerclemente_isx/uniforms/DallasAllStar.gif

Eastern Conference All-Stars:

http://www.geocities.com/rogercl....ast.gif

Western Conference All-Stars:

http://www.geocities.com/rogercl....est.gif

Center Ice:

http://www.geocities.com/rogercl....Ice.gif

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

Roger I liked your designs, but one or two points. First of all IMO the logo does need a wordmark. Just to say what it is a logo for!!

The other thing is that its a bit strange that the Eastern Conference have a uni that has almost identical colors to the Colorado Avalanches. Just struck me as I was looking at it.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

My Entery

Sport: Hockey

City: New York

Host: New York Rangers

Venue:Madison Square Garden

Year: 2007

Teams: Western Confrence Vs. Eastern Confrence

Colors: For the colors I wasnt exactly going for the rangers colors. Look at this years all star jersey they dont really resemble the Wild. I wanted something that you could look at and say, Red and Blue must be the Rangers. With that said, the main reason I chose darker colors was to bring a heritage NHL look to the all star game.

Comments: This is my first concept with Adobe Illustrator. I just wanna thank all those people that I bothered on AIM/AOL, asking questions. With out you guys I would still be at step one. Thanks for all the help! Please give questions or comments. Presenting the 2007 New York City NHL All Star Game...........

Copy & Paste

Logo

Jerseys (East & West)

Rink

EDIT: Read the colors up in description.

You know as part of a marketing scheme--I'm surprised I haven't heard of an All Star game where teams switch into alternates somewhere during the game (half time, second intermission, etc.)

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

My Entery

Sport: Hockey

City: New York

Host: New York Rangers

Venue:Madison Square Garden

Year: 2007

Teams: Western Confrence Vs. Eastern Confrence

Comments: This is my first concept with Adobe Illustrator. I just wanna thank all those people that I bothered on AIM/AOL, asking questions. With out you guys I would still be at step one. Thanks for all the help! Please give questions or comments. Presenting the 2007 New York City NHL All Star Game...........

Copy & Paste

Logo

Jerseys (East & West)

Rink

Thanks......

Not bad. The colors seem a little off if they are based on the Rangers. And the font you used is for the Maple Leafs. Not a bad first try though.

Shrink the crests on the front of the jerseys...way too big.

Keep up the Adobe fun

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

Archived