Going to Safeco

Lee.

You could always buy the centerfirld bleacher seats for seven dollars (which is a pretty good view) and then just move around.

Those seats are hard to come by though, they tend to get snapped up for Yankee games.

I agree though that in general the ushers are not that strict, be friendly to them, and don't act inebriated and you can probably wander from empty seat to empty seat without too much trouble.

Also there is a little "nook" of a bar, next to the visitor's bullpen, where you look out from knotholes chistled out of the left field wall. If you can get the seats next to these knotholes, this is a fun place to watch, its very unique anyway, definitely worth an inning or two, just for the "kitsch" factor.

And if you see a guy giving the visiting bullpen a hardtime in the late innings, its probably me :)

If the person is wearing an Expos hat, its definitely me. :)

I want to gauge people's opinion on that. Is $35 too much for a baseball game? I'm coming at this having grown up with minor league baseball my entire life (the Rochester Red Wings and then, briefly, the Louisville Bats). I take it for granted that an evening at the ball park should cost $5 for tickets plus another $10 for drinks and food.

Of course, MLB is far and above Triple A, but should I really pay seven times as much at the gate when there are 80 other games in that season I could go to? There are $7 seats at Safeco for people like myself, but I'm at the age where I'm mostly just paying for myself. $35 per set for a family of four is, in my opinion, ludicrous. That's nearly $200 for the game after factoring in parking, drinks, and souvenirs.

Am I hopelessly out of touch? Cheap? Small-time? For what it's worth, I don't blush at paying $50 or more for a football ticket, but that's partly because there only eight home games a year -- it's much more of an event. But baseball? In an 81-game season? That just seems like far too much for one game.

I'm inclined to agree with you, git. 35 bucks is a bit much to take in an M's game. Your chances of getting your money's worth at that price with the product on the field is slim. Buy the cheaper tickets and enjoy the Safe.

cv2TCLZ.png

"I secretly hope people like that hydroplane into a wall." - Dennis "Big Sexy" Ittner

POTD - 7/3/14

The Mariners are famous for penny-pinching and gouging the consumer on prices.

If you think 35 is too much for a ticket, wait till you see how much parking and watery Budweiser will cost you. :)

Triple-A is a lot of fun, and if you have time check out a Rainiers game, its a lot of fun on a sunny Saturday.

If you can get the cheaper seats, get them, its just that for marquee series like the Yankees they tend to get swallowed up quickly.

Archived