NYI Concept

canucksforever131313

Removing Islanders from the logo, good idea, way it was excuted... not so good.. I believe there's a concept around her from DRutka (sp?) with a fantasic modification of that logo.

As for the jerseys, I never like when people do an Isles concept and duplicate the 4 cup stripes. Because the way that reads, to me, is 12 cups.

You also need a white outline around your numbers, and I'd pick a new type face for it aswell.

I've seen your work, and you can do better than this... I'd take this back to the drawing board and use more than the straight line tool. I hate to sound like an ass, sorry.

Its not too bad. I like the idea of putting the numbers at the botom. With an outline around the numbers and a logo on the shoulders, I think it will be way better.

You also need a white outline around your numbers, and I'd pick a new type face for it aswell.

I agree. Doesn't look like something the Islanders would use. I like the diagonal stripes, but the cup stripes shouldn't be used. Try a simpler scheme, maybe the current stripes diagonally?

add some stripping to the top of the jersey and like speddy said choice a new typer face. i would also make the striping thicker

i would also agree with some people that you need a white outline for the numbers and a different orange should be used but i do like the idea of putting the stanley cup stripes on the jersey instead of a patch on the shoulder.

Go Lakers

I'm going to try and be nice. But I will tell you off the top that this concept looks really sloppy. If you care that little about how the overall look is presented to the world, that's on you. But your work will be judged accordingly. But this looks like something that took all of 5 minutes to put together.

1. The stripes are sloppy, and extend off the body and sleeves of the sweater in many places. It's the first thing most people's eyes are drawn to, and it detracts from the work as a whole.

2. It's an boring concept overall. Four diagonal stripes on the torso, matched on the sleeves. Single-color names and numbers. Nothing at the shoulders, no TV numbers, no collar. :sleeping:

2a. The only accent you put on the sleeves (the stripes) will be mostly obscured by the gloves. So in effect, the sleeves are more or less plain.

3. Tahoma/Verdana as a number font? Why?

3a. The font needs to be taller. There is a lot of open space on the backs of the sweaters being wasted.

4. Not only is the font a poor choice for a pro uniform, it's dull as used here. Orange on blue is hard to read and looks ill-defined. Adding white would sharpen the contrast considerably.

5. The number at the bottom hem is needless, and will almost never be seen. Numbers are identifying devices, and if it won't be seen, it has no place on the sweater.

6. Taking the word "ISLANDERS" off the logo and calling that an alternate logo, really isn't that alternative. Using the lighthouse or the fisherman? Now that'd be alternative.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

Archived