National Rugby League 2007 Redesign

Gazzzaf

love the idea.

they all look pretty decent to me. why not add the sponsors to the jerseys?

the nrl are notoriously bad for just slapping a big white patch across the jersey.

would be nice to see it done better!

think i might have a go at a super 14 set of kits! youve inspired me.

we need more rugby on the forum

I started off making the set with sponsors but there were so many bad looking sponsors logos that I decided to make them all cleanskins. I didn't want to be responsible for having the following logo on my beloved Raiders:

cfmeu.jpg

Sadly it will be on their jerseys for the next three years but when I have control over it, that wont be there.

Funnily enough I had started a super 14 set this afternoon. I have finished the Bulls and am halfway through the Cheetahs.

sig.png

yeah, some of them are crackers.

i think the bunnies have a beauty as well.

to be honest tho, its not much worse than the old fone zone logo the raiders had.

id be interested to see the super 14 stuff

Overall its great work Gaz, but a few nitpicks from a fellow RL lover ;)

Love the Cowboys and Knights sets in particular though the Knights home/away are probably too similar. Newcastle should never have moved away from that Barcelona-style home jersey.

Panthers look suspiciously like a combination of my 2006 and 2007 Western Miners kits for RLI ;) That said they're an improvement on their last 3 sets of jerseys.

Melbourne.. hmm.. just can't get into any Storm jerseys I see. Maybe its the colours or the lightning bolts but I've never seen a real jersey or concept I've liked for them.

Titans striping seems like you're trying to make a new team look like a traditional team? Not sure it works.

Tigers need a V! If you're using a V for everyone else who used to have one, then the Tigers need one too!

There are too many stripes on the Broncos jersey (should be 7 maroon stripes if you're going for historical accuracy) and not enough on the Rabbitohs for my liking :P

liverpool-1.png

like the super 14 stuff and feel the following (just my nipicking mind you):

nz teams: they have always been tough. they have never tried to establish uniform

branding that distinguishes one team from the others. the original kits of 96-98 were pretty ghastly

and probably amogst the worst uni designs ever. 99-00 seasons, adidas just slapped three stripes on everything which wasnt a great improvement but i didnt mind the crusaders strips around the middle (which you have paid homage to.) the rest seem a bit done before. not a huge crit but it would be nice to see something more than the slight variation on the same templet adidas churn out every year.

brumbies i like although i dont know why they changed their home jersey from the style of the away jersey

you have made.

bulls looks cool but i have a pet peave of white socks in union. deep rooted psychological problems with white socks for some reason. they only look okay with white boots.

cheetas i dont think need the stripe around the middle.

force i really like. better than the current uni. think that the home and away unis should def have the colours of the other in the strip as you have done. nice.

lions i like too.

reds. i liked them when they played maroon/white/maroon : shirt/shorts/socks but otherwise i like it.

sharks i like but with black socks.

yes! the stormers should be in navy. spot on altho the stripes across the middle look a dc united.

waratahs. nice but it is a well known law of the universe that the tahs should wear navy socks. last years sky blue debacle is best forgotten about.

on the whole though mate really good. i like a lot!

Jon, I know what you mean about the Panthers, it was a real hit or miss design and although I like the idea of the Panther's three stripes I'll probably have to change it to something else. I've noted that it does look very similar to both your Miners kits but that wasn’t my inspiration. The colours actually came from an idea I had to modernise the chocolate soldier look.

The Storm are always a pain to design for. The major issue is whether to leave the bolts out or not (I think the only time the Storm actually left them out was for their original jersey but don't hold me to that).

I had been waiting to do a Barca Knights set for about a year but the away is always the issue with that an away without the stripes looks like its been chucked in just for the sake of having an away. I'll look into that as well.

My Titans is a little left field I admit but after seeing (and making) over a year's worth of modern style concepts I thought a loose tribute to past GC teams (except for the sucky Chargers) would be interesting. Both the Giants and Seagulls had striping patterns so I followed suit.

The Tigers don't have a V because for three reasons. For one I was getting very "V happy" and I think one more set would have been overkill. Secondly, I don't consider the Tigers as Balmain or Wests and it was my preference to keep the jerseys mutual as they do now. And finally, I made a new colour palette that more closely matched the colours you see on a tiger. Those colours probably wouldn't look great on a V.

I always though the Broncos had 10 maroon stripes, I don't know why. That shall be looked into.

I might get rid of the Sea-Eagles' V and make some Vs for the Tigers. Don't expect Balmain and Wests replicas because I don't have that in me at the point of time; it isn't St. George-Illawarra after all. I'll also look into changes for the Panthers, Broncos and Knights, maybe the Storm and an extra stripe for Souths. I don't think I'll change the Titans at this point in time.

Now onto my S14 set. NZ teams SUCK to do, all templates which look pretty ordinary. I was thinking about getting some horizontal stripes going like most teams in the Air New Zealand Cup and maybe some three stripes on the sleeves.

The Brumbies probably changed to a predominantly navy home to suit the white away rule, taking into consideration that the ACT's colours are blue and gold I thought I'd follow suit. The original still gets a run on the away so it’s not all bad.

White socks look crappy on my template, the look to big or something. I might look into making the Bulls' socks navy.

I don't care much for the Cheetahs' current kits and I've been on a chest stripe run of late, I might revise it and look into styling it a little more like the Aussie teams' "semi template". May have to drop some colours but.

I was just about to award the Reds some white shorts but I got a little self aware about it as I use white shorts everywhere. But since its rugby and I have support on the idea then it shall be done, blue be gone.

I kinda liked the Tah's socks last year. It reminded me a little of Cronulla's sock in the seventies. I suppose they have a rich history and I shouldn't mess with that too much, back it goes.

Anyway, thanks for the criticisms and I shall return with some changes. Stay tuned.

By the way, I’ll make a separate post for the Super 14. Just so this thread doesn’t get too muddled if it actually gets popular.

sig.png

Archived