new kits for 07/08 season

kc51design

Heres another picture that surfaced of the new Liverpool kits ( the picture previously mentioned )

liverpool08xp7.jpg

It seems to me that the first picture I psoted was the first development stage ( just getting colors down ), and the second picture is prototypes incorporating adidas' new template

:shocked:

Ugh. Simply UGH.

Agreed. Thats adidas for ya.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

since when did Umbro sign Hearts to a deal? I thought they were with Hummel currently...

They are, but they'll be with Umbro from next season. Hopefully their home shirts next year will have less white on them, although in reality it will probably just be another rehash of Umbro's England template.

suesmithnewumbrokit.jpg

Wait minute... Becks got a sex-change?!

Why does she remind me of John Kosmina?

---

I would say most A-League teams would get a new shirt set.

-Sydney wore a gold trim on there away shirt for the ACL match last week, which looked okay from what I saw.

-Melbourne will most likely finally get there V on their home shirts this year. I quite liked the grey away shirts this year.

-Hopefully Queensland can get a decent home set.

kitsit2.jpg

Here is what I was talking about (no, i only just saw these so it was a guess)

twitter.com/thebrainofMatt

Not to get too far OT, but that Melbourne Victory crest really bothers me.

Couldn't they afford their own designer? What kind of pro league has to cannibalize the EPS files of another club?

Rbk wouldn't let the club have tthe original logo as they couldn't screen print it or something. I don't mind this one...it's got the V. I think it should be more of a navy to match the shirts though.

Primal, when a team has fluro orange, maroon and royal blue as there colours, of course they are going to struggle.

They originally wanted a half-orange/half-maroon shirt (:o) but couldn't get one from RBK but they're getting closer to it :(

liverpool-1.png

Couldn't they afford their own designer? What kind of pro league has to cannibalize the EPS files of another club?

Rbk wouldn't let the club have tthe original logo as they couldn't screen print it or something. I don't mind this one...it's got the V. I think it should be more of a navy to match the shirts though.

I'm referring to the very obvious re-working of Arsenal's crest.

Doesn't look very good for the league.

I know that. But I mean, Arsenal would have complained by now if they thought it was a problem.

They originally wanted a half-orange/half-maroon shirt

Oh God.

eh, that wouldn't have been so bad...just tell em to change their name to Hokies when they get around to it.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Sounds like Virginia Tech, yes, or even Galatasaray, who have a yellowish-orange and maroon shirt already:

GalatasarayHSS0607.jpg

Also, Mexico's new new Adidas kits have been released to retailers. They were using the Houston Dynamo striping when they first switched to Adidas, but the 07-08 kits will have the Toronto FC striping for home and away. Also, there's a nice presentation suit with horrible color selection. The +Teamgeist ball design is gone from the sleeves but still appears on merchandise like the nicely-designed-but-hideously-colored presentation suit (Ireland?). Finally, the training tops are like the Colorado Rapids. I'm sure you'll all enjoy the infiltration of black very well. I, for one, want Nike back.

I know that. But I mean, Arsenal would have complained by now if they thought it was a problem.

Oh, it's probably different enough to avoid legal action.

Still makes the A-League look awfully bush, though. Low class. People here can do much better.

rumor floating around (I've seen it mostly on Arseblog) is that Arsenal may be getting white aways next season. Apparently they've talked to geeks running the tills at the team store, and that's the word.

now, I trust that as far as I throw it. But still...it's out there in the rumor mill, and I for one don't like it one bit. I understand perhaps the sentiment - before the Five Minute Final (and, hell the early 70s period) the away shirts *were* white with red collars and cuffs, but....I don't know how much I like it, even though I like blue shirts less.

harperdc.gif

White shirts just doesn't seem right for Arsenal. I'm still wondering what Nike plans to roll out for Man U. Next year's alternate color should be black if they keep the same rotation. I just haven't seen any new Nike templates roll out yet this year to see if they are going to keep the same templates next year. I know both home and away are supposed to be one year deals but I'd like them to keep the current home kits through the 2007/2008 season in honor of the 1958 FA Cup they made it to despite the Munich tragedy.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

rumor floating around (I've seen it mostly on Arseblog) is that Arsenal may be getting white aways next season. Apparently they've talked to geeks running the tills at the team store, and that's the word.

now, I trust that as far as I throw it. But still...it's out there in the rumor mill, and I for one don't like it one bit. I understand perhaps the sentiment - before the Five Minute Final (and, hell the early 70s period) the away shirts *were* white with red collars and cuffs, but....I don't know how much I like it, even though I like blue shirts less.

I don't know. Seems unlikely, since the regular kit is predominantly white (sleeves, shorts and socks). Not much of a change kit to go all-white.

If they can't wear their regular kit because it is too similar to another club's, how would a white kit be any better?

yeah, i definitely think the white clash kits rumours are rubbish - at least i really, really hope so - I've liked the yellow-blue rotation we've had going for a while, and with what Nike has been rolling out lately, I can imagine the all blue kits to be class.

HOWEVER - having seen the new training kits (compared with this season's training kits) it seems Nike may be heading back towards the crazy-stifling templates that adidas has so wonderfully (note the sarcasm) embraced. We can only hope this is limited to the training kits, and that the on-field stuff stays as classy as it is now. We need to get a Nike soccer exec lurking on these boards to hear our ideas and see our concepts - seriously.

OD_Signature.jpg

Archived