new kits for 07/08 season

kc51design

Also of note, Newcastle has signed a 4-year deal with Carling, to replace Northern Rock

Actually they haven't, they've signed a deal to sell Carling lager (and other Molson Coors drinks) at the ground, rather then the Scottish & Newcastle products they sell currently. On the field the Northern Rock sponsorship will remain, although there could be a change to the name of the Newcastle Brown Ale Stand.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's their sporting colors. Like Italy sports the azzurri, Holland sports the ORANJE, and Australia wears green & gold.

which means USA colors dont necessarily have to be red white or blue. i dont see why alot of people got bent out of shape with the women's gold uniforms. granted it is hideous looking, but regarless, your national color doesnt always have to be part of your flag's color.

Except you're talking about associations whose colors go back to the founding of their associations. In the case of Italy, the blue color goes back almost a century. Hardly the same thing as a national team changing its colors to sell more merchandise.

FWIW, I don't mind the gold shirts. Aesthetically, I rather like them.

Italy's (and a couple of other nations) are based of the colour of the predominant royal family of the in the last three to four hundred years) an intersting case is Australia (trying to get our presence known around here of course) in which the colours are not based upon human history but native flora and flora (although the national colours were regarded as gold and blue for some time). India is another example of a nation who did not use the colours of the national flag although to my knowledge their current colours are based upon colours suggested by the national football coach, at adidas' willing.

I've always wanted verification on that if not a correction of my knowledge.

sig.png

Also of note, Newcastle has signed a 4-year deal with Carling, to replace Northern Rock

Actually they haven't, they've signed a deal to sell Carling lager (and other Molson Coors drinks) at the ground, rather then the Scottish & Newcastle products they sell currently. On the field the Northern Rock sponsorship will remain, although there could be a change to the name of the Newcastle Brown Ale Stand.

What a horrible move! Replacing Newcastle Brown Ale with Carling and Molson Coors drinks. Who's going to want a Coors Light over a Newcastle at St. James Park??? Complete stupidity...I guess this trumps the possibility of Newcastle returning as the on the field kit sponsor. Those kits were the best they've had. I guess this means I'll have to fill up on Newcastle at a pub before I go to some games this year.

(MLF) Chicago Cannons,  (IHA) Phoenix Firebirds - 2021 Xtreme Cup Champions

(WAFL) Phoenix Federals - WAFL World Bowl XII Champions (Defunct)

Aston Villa is changing their crest for the upcoming 2007-2008 season. Here it is...not a fan of the change though...definate downgrade.

AV_5290.gif

AV_1gzf4jsjw037l7dhcz2w.gif

(MLF) Chicago Cannons,  (IHA) Phoenix Firebirds - 2021 Xtreme Cup Champions

(WAFL) Phoenix Federals - WAFL World Bowl XII Champions (Defunct)

It's their sporting colors. Like Italy sports the azzurri, Holland sports the ORANJE, and Australia wears green & gold.

which means USA colors dont necessarily have to be red white or blue. i dont see why alot of people got bent out of shape with the women's gold uniforms. granted it is hideous looking, but regarless, your national color doesnt always have to be part of your flag's color.

Except you're talking about associations whose colors go back to the founding of their associations. In the case of Italy, the blue color goes back almost a century. Hardly the same thing as a national team changing its colors to sell more merchandise.

FWIW, I don't mind the gold shirts. Aesthetically, I rather like them.

Yeah, since nobody knows I'll just say it. They're wearing gold uniforms this year to commemorate the 35th anniversary of Title IX, which was enacted on June 23rd, 1972. And because Title IX is one of the leading reasons the US excels at women's soccer it's rather fitting.

Quest2copy.pngnflseattlelr4.png

fifaunitedstateschampsnc4.pngTottenhamHotspur.png

New Celtic Away:

celtic%20away%20nike0708www-footballshirtculture-com.jpg

More

I know they do this a bit but I'm completely mystified as to why Celtic are allowed to wear predominately green away shirts. Given Hibs continued presence in the SPL it means they are guaranteed to need a third kit as well, forcing the fans to buy another shirt.

liverpool-1.png

Not quite...the Carling deal replaces Scottish & Newcastle as the suppliers of alcoholic beverages...an unfortunate situation for the many fans who will now have to drink tinny cheap larger instead of lovely brown ale...

Good Lord! Is nothing sacred? With each passing day I shed another tear for my favorite EPL side.

Archived