new kits for 07/08 season

kc51design

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Arsenal and Man U. used to have Prem championship badges too, I think that tradition stopped this past year with the Chelsea kits. The lion in the badge used to be a lot more yellow.

The lion was always blue, and Chelsea did wear champions badges this past season:

chelsea_nufc_3_470x353.jpg

There is a thin yellow outline around the patch and the text at the top says "CHAMPIONS 2005-2006".

Personally, I liked the golden lion badges used by United and L'Arsenal in years past. But these one aren't too bad, however the dark golden background does make it hard to see the white & blue lion.

image,Shane-spc-Williams,white,black.png

Arsenal and Man U. used to have Prem championship badges too, I think that tradition stopped this past year with the Chelsea kits. The lion in the badge used to be a lot more yellow.

The lion was always blue, and Chelsea did wear champions badges this past season:

chelsea_nufc_3_470x353.jpg

There is a thin yellow outline around the patch and the text at the top says "CHAMPIONS 2005-2006".

That's what I like about the new patches - the previous winner's patch was much more subtle.

The old winner's patches had a gold football and gold outline, as opposed to the red/blue of the regular patches:

1893748547_Fredrik%20Ljungberg.jpg

It's not quite a scudetto, but it's a start.

I do wish that they would move "06/07 CHAMPIONS" to the bottom - don't like the alignment.

Those C&C Music Factory uniforms Chelsea is wearing are the worst thing i've seen in some time, with that awful Adidas template.

Ugh, I was on edge liking them after realizing it was them and not Manchester who were considered the yankees in terms of free agent handling.

Its official. Eat butts, Chelsea.

I'm strictly Pompey now(...if any of you cared)

alright, I'm still looking for a better picture, but here's what I'm talking about:

6.jpg

'02-03 Arsenal, after winning the double.

040326_manunited_vlg_2p.widec.jpg

'03-04 Man U., the year after they won the title, too.

for the reigning champions (up until possibly '04-05, I can't tell for sure) the Premier League badge had a BRIGHT yellow/gold lion and ball logo, as you can see better on the United pic. I remember it *very* clearly, it used to stand out quite well on Arsenal's horrid blue shirts from '02-03.

stood out a lot more than a gold-lined badge, that's for sure.

harperdc.gif

New Aston Villa home, away and keepers kits-

Gareth Barry in the home kit

010265332328000ne8.jpg

Ashley Young in the away kit

010265332366900op6.jpg

Ashley Young, Olof Mellberg, Gareth Barry, Thomas Sorensen

010265332367100ov2.jpg

To quote club director General Charles C. Krulak on villatalk.com-

I am glad everyone likes the kits. To be very honest, the individual that made the color selection and drew the basic design was your friend and mine, Randy Lerner. He met with Nike early on and showed them a series of kits worn over the years and sketched out what he was thinking. Nike came back with multiple options and Randy and MON made the final call. Those are the facts.

have to admit, Villa fans must feel better knowing their new American owner actually has an idea of the history and gravity behind the team. They may have fallen on hard times, but they are one of the true giants of English football, and it's nice to see that Lerner understands and appreciates the history they have.

looks like Nike has been paying attention to that too as of late, but if the story is true, then it's nice to know Villa's in better hands than they were before.

harperdc.gif

have to admit, Villa fans must feel better knowing their new American owner actually has an idea of the history and gravity behind the team. They may have fallen on hard times, but they are one of the true giants of English football, and it's nice to see that Lerner understands and appreciates the history they have.

looks like Nike has been paying attention to that too as of late, but if the story is true, then it's nice to know Villa's in better hands than they were before.

With Martin O'Neill at the helm and an understanding owner with deep pockets, sky is the limit for AVFC. Bravura work with their kit redesign, best in the premiership IMO.

It really is a night and day difference around Villa Park now that Deadly Doug Ellis has been sent to the glue factory. Now if only Ken Bates would join him.

Two beautiful pinstriped kits now in the EPL. And the team who made pinstripes the fashion in the 80s is running around with some god-awful adidas template. :(

liverpool-1.png

HEY KIDS! :D

Harperdc, If you were looking for a better picture of the badges used in 2001-02 by Arsenal.....

(PL)Champions2001-2002.jpg

One more note on the new Premiership Number & Letter set, if the letters were just a little bigger, they wouldn't be so bad.

image,Shane-spc-Williams,white,black.png

Archived