new kits for 07/08 season

kc51design

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

HEY KIDS! :D

Harperdc, If you were looking for a better picture of the badges used in 2001-02 by Arsenal.....

(PL)Champions2001-2002.jpg

One more note on the new Premiership Number & Letter set, if the letters were just a little bigger, they wouldn't be so bad.

you've got the thing...that's the one right there.

nice Porto kits too. good stuff. shame about the solid-color backs, though.

harperdc.gif

Did anyone watch the Galaxy/Tigres game last night? I saw the first minute or so, and I swear the Galaxy were wearing their old green and yellow kits. But today, I checker Soccernet and see this:

xavier_sd_g.jpg

Long time listener, first time caller...

I was at the game. They literally all took their shirts off at half time and laid them in the center circle, ran off the field shirtless and then returned for the second half in the snazzy new blue kits.

I imagine they are saving the white kits for the Chelsea game.

Those Villa kits are beauteous.

Get to work on your Villa kits Brians! I must say as a fellow designer your interpretations are superb. I'm guessing you use Illustrator CS2/3?!?

For you non-Villa fans we genuinely have the General, a board member and ex-chief of staff at the White House and head of the marine corps posting on many Villa fans forums!!

THe club has changed so much since Randy took over. We fans have a voice, can get our questions to the board direct, and though they may not take our ideas on board we certainly have welcomed these 'yanks' with open arms. The Holte Hotel which was left to ruin is simply gorgeous now and back to it's former self, the training ground has been updated to state-of-the-art status, and we have MON. Yes some signings have made people question things, but MON has a reputation for making curious signings, but he knows his stuff and we also have Bob Kain as a board member, who is/was the CEO of IMG and their client list in sports management, advertising and such is a list of whos who. Man U, the Olympics, Most golf and tennis players, Real Madrid for example are ALL clients. So we have a board who know their stuff and the Nike deal is in no small way down to Kain's previous dealings with Nike.

And Nike have done us proud!

I'm strictly Pompey now(...if any of you cared)

You should be strictly Thunder. I'm just sayin'. :P:D

good point. I was at the free game last year. They need to build a stadium by me in Lowertown St. P. It would be perfect.

I do also like Norwich.

Basically i play fifa, and whoever i am in the season i get to know, then like.

Yes, im lame. Most of you oldies around here know that.

EDIT: Those ManCity kits are the shiznatoram.

Here's some more pics of the new Man U gear.

Training tops: (A little bigger so you can see the new pattern better)

manublacktrainingtop-1.jpg

manuredtrainingtop-1.jpg

manuredtrainingjersey.jpg

The red top looks similar to Valencia's new away with the addition of the black stripe on the left shoulder.

Man U Keeper jersey. Looks like the stripe on the back of the red jersey is legitimate:

manukeeperkit.jpg

I think this is the first time ever I can remember United using a blue keeper jersey. They usually are either yellow or black when wearing the red kit or green or grey when black is the change kit. The number is not the new league font it's just a generic number the team shop put on the jersey. For Champions League they will most likely wear the same numbers they wore this season. Gold for the red kit, white for the black kit (If that is the change kit) and black for the white kit.

Forgive me if the question's already been raised, but what is the significance of the gray paintbrush stripes on the training tops and warm up jackets? I noticed the same thing on Celtic's pre-gamers too last night prior to the MLS All-Star game. Is it something Nike-specific?

Just to belabor the point about the Premier League Champions patches:

From 1996-2003, the regular sleeve patches and champions patches looked like this:

PremierLeague1996-20--.gif(PL)Champions2001-2002.gif

Personally, I don't like this champions patch. The gold color doesn't work for the lion - reversing the contrast really weakens the design to my eye.

In 2004, the EPL switched to these sleeve patches:

PL0304.gifPremChampsPatch0506.gif

Personally, I really love this one. I love the gold crown, and even the second gold crown they use to fill the space along the bottom. But perhaps they didn't think it had enough contrast.

Now we have these patches:

PLPtch0708.gifPLChampPtch0708.gif

It's UEFA's rule, not FIFA's. Unless the Superliga has rules against it, they should be able to wear a full-striped shirt in domestic matches, should they so choose.

so why barca have stripe in the back of their kits?

IIRC, they differentiate between bi-striped shirts (like Barca) and what we would normally call "striped" shirts like most people think of.

[Croatia National Team Manager Slavan] Bilic then went on to explain how Croatia's success can partially be put down to his progressive man-management techniques. "Sometimes I lie in the bed with my players. I go to the room of Vedran Corluka and Luka Modric when I see they have a problem and I lie in bed with them and we talk for 10 minutes." Maybe Capello could try getting through to his players this way too? Although how far he'd get with Joe Cole jumping up and down on the mattress and Rooney demanding to be read his favourite page from The Very Hungry Caterpillar is open to question. --The Guardian's Fiver, 08 September 2008

Attention: In order to obtain maximum enjoyment from your stay at the CCSLC, the reader is advised that the above post may contain large amounts of sarcasm, dry humour, or statements which should not be taken in any true sort of seriousness. As a result, the above poster absolves himself of any and all blame in the event that a forum user responds to the aforementioned post without taking the previous notice into account. Thank you for your cooperation, and enjoy your stay at the CCSLC.

plus, it seems that La Liga doesn't have a rule against stripes on the back - so they have to use different jerseys without stripes for European play.

while I agree with you that the 04-06 patches look better on a computer screen, Gotham, the point for a scudetto or champion patch is to stand out, and at least those original-style ones stood out like a sore thumb. Loud? Yes, but you're the champion, and you can afford to be loud.

the new ones look good too, can't wait to see how they actually look on the Man U jerseys come game time.

harperdc.gif

Not exactly a kit but here is the new EPL ball. Same color as last year's La Liga ball. colors are actually based on Barclay's colors as they are the league sponsor. I kind of wish that Man U would get to use a different ball like Houston Dynamo does in MLS.

2007EPLball.gif

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

now when we've seen all new premiership shirts I would rank them in this order:

1. Man City (Le Coq Sportif)

2. Portsmouth (Catembury)

All Nike teams: 3. Aston Villa 4. Arsenal 5. Man U. 6. Fulham

then I would put all Umbro teams, then Bolton. By far the worst are Adidas teams with Derby being the best out of Adidas.

Archived