new kits for 07/08 season

kc51design

First looks at Newcastle United's new kit here.

I've also seen this interesting mock up doing the rounds. It's obviously a fake (trying to recognise the numbers - Werder Bremen?), but it would broadly seem to match the webpage design, so perhaps it's based on some inside info...

proposed.jpg

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

First looks at Newcastle United's new kit here.

I've also seen this interesting mock up doing the rounds. It's obviously a fake (trying to recognise the numbers - Werder Bremen?), but it would broadly seem to match the webpage design, so perhaps it's based on some inside info...

proposed.jpg

You're right - it does seem to match the teaser image of the shirt. But I don't know if the clubs themselves know what the new numbers will look like, so even "inside info" might be limited to guesswork.

I'm still hoping that the new numbers are closer to the revamped Prem logo:

Premierleague.PNG

Could be Werder Bremen numbers there.

953945338725Werder1gr.jpg705bremen_jubelt.jpg

I really hate those italicised brushstrokish letters. Whatever the Premier League goes with, I hope they have a nice balanced, even line.

White shirts just doesn't seem right for Arsenal. I'm still wondering what Nike plans to roll out for Man U. Next year's alternate color should be black if they keep the same rotation. I just haven't seen any new Nike templates roll out yet this year to see if they are going to keep the same templates next year. I know both home and away are supposed to be one year deals but I'd like them to keep the current home kits through the 2007/2008 season in honor of the 1958 FA Cup they made it to despite the Munich tragedy.

I'd have thought Man Utd would have had to keep the home shirt for 2 years as is standard in the EPL? Portsmouth got into some trouble only this season for changing shirts after only a year.

liverpool-1.png

Man U's site stated at the beginning of the season that the home and away jerseys were to be a one year deal. Of course the white jersey would become the third jersey and a new black away and new home red were to be brought out for 2007/2008.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

I did a quick Google search, and I found confirmation:

http://116soccer.blogspot.com/2006/07/new-...view-06-07.html

Scroll about halfway down.

Manchester United, having spent the past two seasons trapped in a futuristic nightmare, has abandoned the whole "uneven faux-collar with strange sleeve-swoosh" look, in favor of a much more traditional appearance. The new kit, a one-year-only "special edition" (whatever, Nike), was designed to "honor" the "Busby Babes" of 1966, and takes many features from the United uniform of that era, resulting in a pretty classy, old-school look.

Lots of interesting info on this season's kits on that page.

And here it is with the final piece in the jigsaw. For my money - awful... far too much going on, as is the case with most adidas kits these days.

fugly.jpg

Love the jersey and the socks. The striping on the shorts throws the whole look off. Much too busy.

Gimme a plain black short with a single white stripe along the sides and we're talking.

Still, not bad overall. Keeps the traditional Newcastle look.

patriotssignature.png

My opinion (as a life long newcastle fan*) - too much black-its looks like the current ac milan top, discoloured. I feel the stripes should go all the way to the top.

The badge centred takes second stage to the (now larger?) adidas logo, it would be better off-set.

Not enjoying the pink square in the northern rock logo (though it is the official branding colour), and as a black block dirupts the vertical nature of the stripes.

No blue or gold (though the final remain logo colour yet to be used - grey - seems to have been exploited)...

All in all not to good, i assume the number will be black or white or a square on the back of the shirt, but i hope for a return of the blue...

this actually counts for nothing, don't worry...

Archived