kc51design

new kits for 07/08 season

when i was living in london during the fall of 2000, arsenal wore their navy blue and yellow thirds at highbury for a CL match. they switched uniforms at halftime.

jerseys_arsenal_third.gif

There would be a riot at the Emirates if Arsenal ever wore anythign other than their normal red-white

More 07/08 kits in action as the the Spaniards and Italians begin their preseason friendlies:

Real Madrid home: Hopefully those numbers are just for the preseason. Looks like Jerzy took Steven Gerrard's new... jersey... on his way out of Anfield.

RealM-1.jpg

Barcelona home and away: Ronaldinho's sock hoops are woefully uneven, and I'm sorry, but I'm really digging the new aways.

Barca.jpg

Valencia home and away: I really like this alternate shorts template from Nike, with the little cut (there must be a technical term) on each side and the tiny bars of colored trim flanking it. The royal blue shorts look poor, but on the bright side, the new numbers are a bit more legible.

Valencia.jpg

Just a bit more:

Inter Milan away: We saw it during Inter's celebrations on the final match day, but they look even better when there's a ball on the pitch. In their second match of the Arsenal-hosted "Emirates Cup" the azzuroneri wore last year's homes with a new, crappy-looking solid-black rear (not the same solid-black they wore in the Champions League).

Inter.jpg

PSG: Terrible. Just terrible.

PSG.jpg

Finally, these have been on the pitch since Sven took over, but I'm a little late on this one. Man City: Really great kits, and I can't wait to see the aways and thirds in action. Pardon my editing mishap.

ManCity.jpg

As much as I hate Madrid I like the fact that Real went back to purple, as that's their colour. After they switched from Kelme to Adidas they had navy blue on their white kits.

Man City kit is probably on of my 3 favorites in all football, good to see it in action. Love Man City 3rd kit too, would love to see that one in action.

Inter will not wear that Milano crest shirt that much, otherwise Pirelli would go crazy.

Just a bit more:

Inter Milan away: We saw it during Inter's celebrations on the final match day, but they look even better when there's a ball on the pitch. In their second match of the Arsenal-hosted "Emirates Cup" the azzuroneri wore last year's homes with a new, crappy-looking solid-black rear (not the same solid-black they wore in the Champions League).

Inter.jpg

Tasteful placement of the Pirelli sponsor's logo on that kit.

Atletico Madrid home: Meh.

Atletico.jpg

the atletico kit isn't of this season. The player is Ibaagaza, and the sponsor

Atletico Madrid home: Meh.

Atletico.jpg

the atletico kit isn't of this season. The player is Ibaagaza, and the sponsor is Spider-Man. Tow or three yseasons ago kit.

New Arsenal keeper shirt:

l_junkeeper.jpg

I like it. I only wish that they had sold the black version of last years quarter GK shirt.

Strange that the stripes don't line up with the sponsor the same way as the third kit.

Good point.

They're narrower stripes - the stripes on the CL shirt are wider than the badge.

Good God, those are magnificent. Aside from the faux stitches on the numbers. And the meaningless mark (comma? period?) in 1898.

That's their sponsors logo and the year the club was formed.

That's their sponsors logo and the year the club was formed.

I didn't know the former but I assumed the latter. I was just musing about that mark between the 1 and 8 in 1898.

it's not sponsor's logo, it's manufacturer's log, that company is in house company, and I never heard the name of that company, maybe it's just simple Athletic Club, but only Bilbao wears that brand.

New Athletic de Bilbao, Spanish First Division:

galeria10380.jpg

This is my favourite so far for this season, edging the Man City home and Aston Villa away kits. Beautiful in its simplicity and I have to own one. Wonder how easy they are to find outside Spain :D

Probably very difficult. I use ebay.fr for Ligue 1 shirts, so you could try ebay.es if you know survival Spanish. I would get one but I don't like blank-backed shrits and there aren't any players I like on the squad.

EDIT: New discovery: There is some kind of royal French fleur-de-lis-y pattern in the red stripe on PSG's new away kit (not present on the home) that I suppose gives it some merit. Better than the none it previously had, I suppose.

PSGASS0708.jpg

dummy.jpg

Officially unveiled today.

I guess the only saving grace is that it doesn't have that ridiculous stripe dropping from the neck like in other adidas templates.

Still sucks, though. And they couldn't get a better model than Cashley?