kc51design

new kits for 07/08 season

Hi...just back from S.Siro stadium in Milan. My mom works for adidas so I had a special invitation to be part of the A.C. Milan official team picture of the season 2007/08. They also catch the occasion to present the new home kit and I received one of'em for free, obviously.

Here some pics:

immagine005ip6.jpg

immagine006uv1.jpg

immagine007cs2.jpg

immagine008wc6.jpg

That sponsor logo looks almost velcro'd on.

That sponsor logo looks almost velcro'd on.

Yeah, it's very bad printed. When I seen that for the first time I thought this was just a replica. But when I seen the players wearing the same crap I've been very surprised!

Chelsea third: Not spectacularly bad, but a poor effort nonetheless. Chelsea's only good kit this season is the home, and that's not even from this year.

Chelsea.jpg

Yep, I knew that. I was just used to their white aways, I suppose, and didn't think too hard before I posted. My error (again). :)

EDIT: And now, presenting the horribly hideous lovechild of the third kits of Lyon and Milan, Bayern Munich's third shirt:

BayMun3rd0708.jpg

Thank God no one has to see that garbage in the Champions League (although this Subside Sports image erroneously contains the CL patches).

That Queensland kit is very clashy...it looks like they're wearing training bibs over the kit!

This thread is becoming the bulk of my post count...

Boca Juniors home: Simplified crest looks utterly brilliant.

i286269300_38638_5.jpg

Manchester United away: Interesting, but far from an improvement.

manutd_away_2008.jpg

Inter Milan home: Hard to see in this picture, but more stripes, plus a striped collar and hooped socks.

97229.jpg

The new adidas kits are absolutely HORRENDOUS. Nike has done an excellent job for some, and an average job for others.

HOwever, adidas is just embarassing.

I'm going to disagree about the Boca crest. It looks empty.

Queensland shirt is brillaint, but I don't like the crest.

Boca's crest is not improvement, cause now it has no significance inside the crest whatsoever.

Boca Juniors is nice, kind of looks like the new LA Galaxy, IMO (I'm going off by a picture I have in my mind, so I could be completely wrong :P).

Queensland shirt is brillaint, but I don't like the crest.

Boca's crest is not improvement, cause now it has no significance inside the crest whatsoever.

well, not on the kit itself, it's website still has the stars inside. After a while, the stars don't stand out as much in the badge, especially if they are worn on the kit. Though I'm not quite sure what the three stars are for. At first I thought they went with an Italian-style 1 stars for every 10 trophies, but I saw this picture

camiseta_megatone_p.jpg

Wait, Boca is now going with the "1 star for every __ wins?" When did this happen?

i believe the outer stars are for Copa Sudamerica competitions.

Its three stars for three World Club Championships from the old Toyota Cup (Copa Liberatores vs European Cup winners).

The old badge had one star above the name for each domestic title and one star below for international titles. I think they simply ran out of room to add any more!!

Yep, I knew that. I was just used to their white aways, I suppose, and didn't think too hard before I posted. My error (again). :)

EDIT: And now, presenting the horribly hideous lovechild of the third kits of Lyon and Milan, Bayern Munich's third shirt:

BayMun3rd0708.jpg

Thank God no one has to see that garbage in the Champions League (although this Subside Sports image erroneously contains the CL patches).

They can't be serious.

About the only thing I don't like about the new Leeds kit is the vertical sock striping. Take that away, and the kit is pure class.