new kits for 07/08 season

kc51design

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
They all look like cheap ebay knock offs. :D

That's because they are.

Look in the MLS category on eBay and you'll find listings for all of those.

[Croatia National Team Manager Slavan] Bilic then went on to explain how Croatia's success can partially be put down to his progressive man-management techniques. "Sometimes I lie in the bed with my players. I go to the room of Vedran Corluka and Luka Modric when I see they have a problem and I lie in bed with them and we talk for 10 minutes." Maybe Capello could try getting through to his players this way too? Although how far he'd get with Joe Cole jumping up and down on the mattress and Rooney demanding to be read his favourite page from The Very Hungry Caterpillar is open to question. --The Guardian's Fiver, 08 September 2008

Attention: In order to obtain maximum enjoyment from your stay at the CCSLC, the reader is advised that the above post may contain large amounts of sarcasm, dry humour, or statements which should not be taken in any true sort of seriousness. As a result, the above poster absolves himself of any and all blame in the event that a forum user responds to the aforementioned post without taking the previous notice into account. Thank you for your cooperation, and enjoy your stay at the CCSLC.

These look like somthing they would sell to a supporters club. The Crew soccer jersey looks horrible. And seeing as there are no sponsor or team wordmarks I hope these all aren't prototypes for next year. It would only prove Adidas has lost their ever loving mind.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

I don't think I've seen anything about this yet, so here goes. I was watching David Beckham's Soccer USA, and they were running highlights of last week's MLS games. Chicago hosted Kansas City, and apprently Chicago has changed from white numbers to light blue:

76329184.jpg

When did this happen?

I'm not sure I like the look, really, but it is something different. Now, if only they'd go to light blue away kits...

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

I think this was a special one time uniform, but I like the idea of each team using colors that macth their kits. Currently only Red Bulls and Chivas does this. Everybody else has either black or white numbers. Actually the number Blanco is wearing would look good with Colorado as well.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

... I like the idea of each (MLS) team using colors that macth their kits. Currently only Red Bulls and Chivas does this.

Major League Soccer's insistence on using Black and White numbers on the vast majority of team uniforms has been a pet peeve of mine for years. My aggravation over the issue has grown ever since CD Chivas USA and Red Bull New York started respectively sporting Gold and Red numbers... proof that the league's claims of being unable to procure customized numeral colors from their supplier is a complete crock.

Bottom line? There is absolutely no excuse in this day and age for a major profesional sports team to take the field, pitch, court or ice wearing uniforms featuring player names and numbers emblazoned in colors that don't match the team's palette. None. It looks absolutely "bush-league". I have yet to purchase a personalized New England Revolution jersey for precisely this reason.

I don't think I've seen anything about this yet, so here goes. I was watching David Beckham's Soccer USA, and they were running highlights of last week's MLS games. Chicago hosted Kansas City, and apprently Chicago has changed from white numbers to light blue:

76329184.jpg

When did this happen?

I'm not sure I like the look, really, but it is something different. Now, if only they'd go to light blue away kits...

They were a one time jersey, auctioned off to benefit the FireWorks for Kids Foundation (the Fire's charitable endeavor).

untitled21.jpg

Redskin IS a racist term, no matter how Daniel Snyder tries to spin it.

• 2 weeks later...
Don't think I saw this before. Soccernet had a picture of what I presume to be Sydney FC's new shirts:

juninhopaulista205.jpg

I find it strange they would use the Manchester City template from two years ago. Also strange, to me at least, is putting the league logo on the front opposite the team crest. Can't say I care much for that.

Having the League logo opposite the team crest is commonplace in Australian sport. Call me biased but I reckon it balances the team logo out nicely. I suppose its the equivalent of Euro teams having the team crest in the centre of the chest.

sig.png

Having the League logo opposite the team crest is commonplace in Australian sport. Call me biased but I reckon it balances the team logo out nicely. I suppose its the equivalent of Euro teams having the team crest in the centre of the chest.

It also frees up sleeve space for another sponsor although that wasn't the original intention. Having always grown up with it I always wondered what the big deal about the "NFL Equipment" shield was.

liverpool-1.png

The big deal about the "NFL EQUIPMENT" shield isn't the use of the league logo, it's that they cluttered the logo with needless writing, reducing it and making it harder to see.

Furthermore, the tag itself is contradictory and therefore useless. Immediately prior, the league logo was left off all replicas. Only "authentics" (which are, of course, simply the most faithful version of a replica) carried the NFL shield. It was, therefore, an easy way to identify and separate authentics and lower-quality replicas.

Now this new EQUIPMENT shield, which purportedly marks "real, genuine NFL" is pasted on all replicas, including my son's onesie. It actually means less about faithfulness than the old neck shield did.

That, and it's just ugly. The old shield (and new) are beautiful logos, why hide them in a black and white blob?

Hopefully, they'll use the excuse of the new shield to overhaul their identification system.

... I like the idea of each (MLS) team using colors that macth their kits. Currently only Red Bulls and Chivas does this.

Major League Soccer's insistence on using Black and White numbers on the vast majority of team uniforms has been a pet peeve of mine for years. My aggravation over the issue has grown ever since CD Chivas USA and Red Bull New York started respectively sporting Gold and Red numbers... proof that the league's claims of being unable to procure customized numeral colors from their supplier is a complete crock.

Bottom line? There is absolutely no excuse in this day and age for a major profesional sports team to take the field, pitch, court or ice wearing uniforms featuring player names and numbers emblazoned in colors that don't match the team's palette. None. It looks absolutely "bush-league". I have yet to purchase a personalized New England Revolution jersey for precisely this reason.

Chicago had gold numbers one game as fundraisers -- then during a thunderstorm, the entire team offloaded their jerseys for dry ones with the white numbers on them and finished the game with different jerseys than when they started.

Chicago also had red numbers when they wore the Morelia Monarchs tribute jersey (yellow).

Yes, I'd like to see Chicago have a blue roadie, too with the red six-pointed stars. That was cool.

This past weekend, Arsenal wore red socks in their win over Spurs at White Hart Lane:

tottenham15092007_1.jpgtottenham15092007_7.jpgtottenham15092007_2.jpg

They've done this from time to time with their Nike kits (which usually feature mostly-white socks). I think it's a huge improvement - that's the way Arsenal should look. The perfect balance between red and white.

This past weekend, Arsenal wore red socks in their win over Spurs at White Hart Lane:

tottenham15092007_1.jpgtottenham15092007_7.jpgtottenham15092007_2.jpg

They've done this from time to time with their Nike kits (which usually feature mostly-white socks). I think it's a huge improvement - that's the way Arsenal should look. The perfect balance between red and white.

Gothamite,

So far, when Arsenal have worn the red/white away from home, they've worn the red socks. They wear the white socks with red cuffs at home!

I'm with you - the red socks work better...

Doug

<pictures>

Gothamite,

So far, when Arsenal have worn the red/white away from home, they've worn the red socks. They wear the white socks with red cuffs at home!

I'm with you - the red socks work better...

Doug

The best Arsenal socks. Sorry for the appalling picture quality.

arsenal1994.jpg

Archived