new kits for 07/08 season

kc51design

You're right - hoops are gorgeous. That's what I like best about the change and 3rd kits: hooped socks.

Anything that brings more red to the kit is an improvement - white socks tip the balance too far to one side.

agreed. they might as well be white kits the way the homes are. bring back the stripey socks for the home! or at least use those all-red ones full time.

harperdc.gif

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I didn't like the gold numbers on the Arsenal shirts for the Champions League. Too hard to make out on a red shirt!

Yeah, not a huge fan of those. I like the idea, and I like the gold numbers on the shorts, but gold-on-red doesn't quite work.

Strange, though - I didn't know what you were talking about at first. The only CL match I've been able to watch was against Sparta Prague, for which they wore the regular PL numbering (including logo). No sleeve patches, either:

spartaprague29082007_2.jpgspartaprague29082007_5.jpg

I was in England at the time, watched the match on television, and mourned the loss of CL-specific numbers. Glad to have been wrong.

More pics (including good close-ups) here.

I guess I'm in the minority. My first choice would be for the gunners to sport red and white hooped socks, but my second choice is white socks at home. It's not that I dont like the red socks, it's just that Arsenal wore white socks during the season I lived in london and got to see them at highbury.

I guess it's just personal preference.

I'm with Gotham, the red socks bring balance.

as to the gold numbers...(image from Soccernet/Getty Images):

ArsenalG.jpg

are those the new premiership font, or are they the nike font? seeing the highlights I thought they were nike, but now they look like the prem...

harperdc.gif

In looking at the photos, the letters on the arsenal champs league shirts are the FAPL font - the numbers are actually neither FAPL or Nike fonts - its Arsenal's proprietary font - a font all for arsenal themselves!!! If you look at some of the other photos, you can see the arsenal crest in the numbers, not the lion

OD_Signature.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Okay riddle me this, Batman - the new Earthquakes are an expansion franchise in MLS. The original Quakes, which won two MLS cups, moved to Houston. Yet the new Quakes get the two stars above their crest? How does this make sense?!?!?! They should have nothing above their crest since technically they're a brand freaking new team. Does Houston wear the two stars above their badge? If not, they should, because that franchise has actually won trophies. Yet another stupid thing to come out of MLS, and for the "new" Earthquakes. BTW, those kits suck - I agree with ya, Gothamite.

OD_Signature.jpg

Archived