new kits for 07/08 season

kc51design

While I agree that the Nike kits have (generally) been stronger than the Umbro kits lately, I just can't imagine an England shirt with the swoosh on it. At least the England numbers won't change, being proprietry (sp?) to the FA

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nike wont make englands shirt because the english fa wont allow it, they want a 'traditonal' english kit surplier umbro to make the kit and have no plans to change untill the contract runs out in 2014 then i think nike will make englands kit, i hope nike change englands kit to all white with a lot more red on it like the rugby shirt they did, looks so nice

ps first post whahoo hello everyone :D

Can I just say that the kits in last night's Chicago v DC playoff game looked great? All-red v all-black. Primary kit v primary kit. Why does it take until the playoffs for teams to start getting this?

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

It all depends on the team. DC and Chicago almost always wear their primary kits unless they have to switch. Columbus just switches around every few games or so. It actually seems strange to see DC in white at times. The really weird one was New England wearing their white kit against FC Dallas who was in red and white. It just made more set to wear all blue.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Eh, DC has done the same thing--er, upon further review, the game they showed wasn't Dallas/DC, it was Chivas/DC with DC in the all-whites. Same issue, if you ask me.

I should update my spreadsheet that I kept through the first half or so of the season. Yeah, I think I'll do that.

POTD 2013-08-22

This weekend I was in Austria and in sports shop saw a new Austrian football kit. I didn't take photos, thinking I'll find photos on the net, but came empty handed. The kit is classical red shirt, white shorts and red sox. The kit is done by Nike and has a huge Nike in the triangle looking shield logo (nike soccer logo i think). The Austrian crest also changed, it's simple flag shield with Austria (or Osterich??) writen in top red part. Nike shirt is differnet then this year's models, simplier then all of them... I like the kit, but it's Austria, who cares for Austrian team.

• 2 weeks later...
Austria aswell as Switzerland both are sponsored by Puma until at least after Euro 2008.

here is a pic of the new away shirts (black = austria / white = switzerland)

th_77315702.jpg

I know that they are Puma team, but those kits and all supporting merchendise couldn not be from any other sport but football, and also those kits where in the same section where Euro2008 merchendise was placed. Something is odd here, I wish I took photos...

Nike wont make englands shirt because the english fa wont allow it, they want a 'traditonal' english kit surplier umbro to make the kit and have no plans to change untill the contract runs out in 2014 then i think nike will make englands kit, i hope nike change englands kit to all white with a lot more red on it like the rugby shirt they did, looks so nice

the English FA would allow a boatload of money, though. and seeing as how Nike now own Umbro - who in turn own the contract to one of the best-known, most-publicized and, err, most under-performing (and over-rated?) national teams in the world - there's a much greater chance of Nike adding England to their impressive international team stable.

and if anything, England need to stay the same or add more blue back in - white tops with red numbers, blue shorts and white and blue socks is the traditional look. The away strip can stay primarily red. And England's football kit won't change to ape the rugby kit, because that's almost always been traditionally all-white - the red creeping in is a recent touch.

I would also bank on that Austrian shirt being Nike doing a country shirt as opposed to anything remotely licensed, and Puma have the supplier's license.

harperdc.gif

As strange as it sounds, I like last year's better. It just looks off for some reason.

[Croatia National Team Manager Slavan] Bilic then went on to explain how Croatia's success can partially be put down to his progressive man-management techniques. "Sometimes I lie in the bed with my players. I go to the room of Vedran Corluka and Luka Modric when I see they have a problem and I lie in bed with them and we talk for 10 minutes." Maybe Capello could try getting through to his players this way too? Although how far he'd get with Joe Cole jumping up and down on the mattress and Rooney demanding to be read his favourite page from The Very Hungry Caterpillar is open to question. --The Guardian's Fiver, 08 September 2008

Attention: In order to obtain maximum enjoyment from your stay at the CCSLC, the reader is advised that the above post may contain large amounts of sarcasm, dry humour, or statements which should not be taken in any true sort of seriousness. As a result, the above poster absolves himself of any and all blame in the event that a forum user responds to the aforementioned post without taking the previous notice into account. Thank you for your cooperation, and enjoy your stay at the CCSLC.

The Dutch will always wear orange as their primary kit. Looks like the incorporated the "sash" into these blue kits, but made it horizontal striping instead of a sash.

POTD 2013-08-22

Archived