new kits for 07/08 season

kc51design

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That Tradition thing is really strange.

Four MLS cups. There's your tradition.

It's still stupid. They have the stars over the crest for that. You don't see the Celtics or the Yankees or the Canadiens with anything like that.

Especially since it's tradition since 1996.

Engine, Engine, Number Nine, on the New York transit line,

If my train goes off the track, pick it up! Pick it up! Pick it up!

Back on the scene, crispy and clean,

You can try, but then why, 'cause you can't intervene.

We be the outcast, down for the settle. Won't play the rock, won't play the pebble.

MLSnumbers003.jpg

Saw these numbers in the latest MLS magazine. Not sure if these are replacing last years as it's the adidas logo not MLS

I think they are...check this quote from the Revs Pro Shop:

MLS is changing the jersey letters and numbers which are not yet available, and therefore we do not have player or customized jerseys at this time.

If those are indeed the 2008 style numbers...I like 'em, although they should have the MLS logo, and not the adidas logo, IMO.

It's still stupid. They have the stars over the crest for that. You don't see the Celtics or the Yankees or the Canadiens with anything like that.

It's a football (soccer to you) thing.......You wouldn't understand.

Here are more images.

dcu2008hlongqx2.jpg

dcu2008alonglh6.jpg

dcu2008hbackmg2.jpg

dcu2008abackpw6.jpg

I was at the MLS draft and saw all the new kits. IMO it was a big upgrade from last years kits and not a single felt badge among the lot.

I saw the DCU kits without the 3 stripes across the chest and thought,'The DCU fans will NOT like this.'

They didn't. The rumor behind the missing 3 stripes is that DCU wanted to make way for a sponsor on the kit, but the fans really didn't like their new kits for this season.

It's a football (soccer to you) thing.......You wouldn't understand.

I was referring to the tradition mark, not the stars. I know that.

Here are more images.

dcu2008hlongqx2.jpg

dcu2008alonglh6.jpg

dcu2008hbackmg2.jpg

dcu2008abackpw6.jpg

I was at the MLS draft and saw all the new kits. IMO it was a big upgrade from last years kits and not a single felt badge among the lot.

I saw the DCU kits without the 3 stripes across the chest and thought,'The DCU fans will NOT like this.'

They didn't. The rumor behind the missing 3 stripes is that DCU wanted to make way for a sponsor on the kit, but the fans really didn't like their new kits for this season.

The 3 stripes was the unofficial trademark. It really looks weird without it, too blank IMO.

untitled21.jpg

Redskin IS a racist term, no matter how Daniel Snyder tries to spin it.

The 3 stripes was the unofficial trademark. It really looks weird without it, too blank IMO.

The thing to do is to move the three stripes up to the same level as the badge, and just accept that the badge will be over the left-breast side of them. Still leaves room for a sponsorship logo.

Archived