new kits for 07/08 season

kc51design

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
MLSnumbers003.jpg

Saw these numbers in the latest MLS magazine. Not sure if these are replacing last years as it's the adidas logo not MLS

Someone else is subscribed to MLS Magazine I see...

[Croatia National Team Manager Slavan] Bilic then went on to explain how Croatia's success can partially be put down to his progressive man-management techniques. "Sometimes I lie in the bed with my players. I go to the room of Vedran Corluka and Luka Modric when I see they have a problem and I lie in bed with them and we talk for 10 minutes." Maybe Capello could try getting through to his players this way too? Although how far he'd get with Joe Cole jumping up and down on the mattress and Rooney demanding to be read his favourite page from The Very Hungry Caterpillar is open to question. --The Guardian's Fiver, 08 September 2008

Attention: In order to obtain maximum enjoyment from your stay at the CCSLC, the reader is advised that the above post may contain large amounts of sarcasm, dry humour, or statements which should not be taken in any true sort of seriousness. As a result, the above poster absolves himself of any and all blame in the event that a forum user responds to the aforementioned post without taking the previous notice into account. Thank you for your cooperation, and enjoy your stay at the CCSLC.

What are the teams in the MLS that have not changed identities and logos? from what I can gather: Columbus, and New England. They're the ones who could inscribe "tradition" onto their kits. Sure they dont have the titles that DCU has but if thats what DCU is trying to celebrate they should just stick with the stars and inscribe something else on their shirts, something like "commitment to excellence" or "we're the New York Yankees of professional American soccer". Its specially ironic that they decide to write "tradition" on their shirts the same year they break the three-stripe on the front tradition.

Oh and I love how Chivas USA's shirt perfectly blends the "comex" mark but did they really need to curve those stripes?!?!?!?! aaaah!

14ilxq9.png

England Away 2008-2010

EnglandAway0810.jpg

I really like that design - preodered.

If that's the design then it sucks. If it's just something to put up in place of a black tshirt, meh. . . The one thing it would almost guarantee is that the number wouldn't be on the right chest which I personally think sucks. Anyone got pics from African Cup yet?

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

MLSnumbers003.jpg

Saw these numbers in the latest MLS magazine. Not sure if these are replacing last years as it's the adidas logo not MLS

Someone else is subscribed to MLS Magazine I see...

Not yet. Actually Hastings carries this and FIFA Magazine. But I have t o drive to Borders in Tucson for United Magazine, if it's not sold out!

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

How do you ruin one of the best looking kits ever? thats how:

2ur1507.png

The Italia jersey has always been classy, three huge golden pumas are the opposite of classy.

edit: I guess Puma is doing it for all its national kits, bad idea.

*sorry if this is a repost.

14ilxq9.png

Interesting to see "ussoccer.com" on the USMNT trainers rather than Philips...not sure if they are still sponsors...if anyone knows chime in. Also, I second the notion that the 3 pumas in that close proximity create a bad look...especially since the rest of the jersey is so clean. Truly a bad decision if all their sponsored nations use this template...too many pumas!

(MLF) Chicago Cannons,  (IHA) Phoenix Firebirds - 2021 Xtreme Cup Champions

(WAFL) Phoenix Federals - WAFL World Bowl XII Champions (Defunct)

Is this a hint towards the new 08-10 England away kit? I sure as hell hope not! Here they are:

DepCruzAzulASS0708.jpg

This is the new Deportivo Cruz Azul shirt. I've never seen this Umbro template before and it does remind me of the last English away shirt. If this is the new look, then the Lions have more problems than not making the European Championship.

Engine, Engine, Number Nine, on the New York transit line,

If my train goes off the track, pick it up! Pick it up! Pick it up!

Back on the scene, crispy and clean,

You can try, but then why, 'cause you can't intervene.

We be the outcast, down for the settle. Won't play the rock, won't play the pebble.

Interesting to see "ussoccer.com" on the USMNT trainers rather than Philips...not sure if they are still sponsors...if anyone knows chime in.

Panasonic is now the official electronics provider to USA Soccer. Personally I think leaving them blank is better then slapping ussoccer.com. Of course I think Budweiser or another sponsor should have jumped up and slapped their logo there. At least the adidas creep appears to be only on the training shirt.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Is this a hint towards the new 08-10 England away kit? I sure as hell hope not! Here they are:

DepCruzAzulASS0708.jpg

This is the new Deportivo Cruz Azul shirt. I've never seen this Umbro template before and it does remind me of the last English away shirt. If this is the new look, then the Lions have more problems than not making the European Championship.

I sure hope not. This almost looks like a fake. The star/st. george cross was much shorter on Cruz Azul's previous shirts. Maybe Nike taking over is a good idea after all

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

DepCruzAzulASS0708.jpg

No I don't think it's the new Umbro Template for 2 reasons:

this looks similiar but not alike (longer line down the side, diffrent collar) to Englands 2005-2007 Home Shirt

the kitbag.com product description clearly states the England logo being in the center (left/right but not necessarily top/bottom)

DepCruzAzulASS0708.jpg

the kitbag.com product description clearly states the England logo being in the center (left/right but not necessarily top/bottom)

I thought the same thing at first, but the crest could be moved. Also, considering that Sweden and Norway, two more major Umbro-sponsored national squads, like England, have a cross in their flags, which could lend itself nicely to the shirt.

Engine, Engine, Number Nine, on the New York transit line,

If my train goes off the track, pick it up! Pick it up! Pick it up!

Back on the scene, crispy and clean,

You can try, but then why, 'cause you can't intervene.

We be the outcast, down for the settle. Won't play the rock, won't play the pebble.

Archived