new kits for 07/08 season

kc51design

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
MLSnumbers003.jpg

Saw these numbers in the latest MLS magazine. Not sure if these are replacing last years as it's the adidas logo not MLS

These are the new DC United numbers and lettering. Wondering if it will be a league-wide font or is MLS going to let each team have a different one?

TTpcAlOD.jpg

These could be numbers intended for non league games. Most of you know EPL teams will wear a unique number for champions league and FA cup games. Sometimes a totally different kit, but occasionally new numbers slapped on a existing shirt,

Those numbers on the new DC United kits remind me a lot of the 06 World Cup Puma numbers.

Because they are....

cheap Adidas scabs....

PLAGIARISM?

czech-republic-puma-czech-republic-home-baros-15-06-07.jpg

maybe just the numbers.

untitled21.jpg

Redskin IS a racist term, no matter how Daniel Snyder tries to spin it.

maybe just the numbers.

I don't know why people are saying that. They aren't very similar at all.

As I said elsewhere, the letterset is fine, the numbers could stand to be completely outlined, but the biggset problem is the numerals are oblique. It gives the impression of trying too hard to be cutting-edge, and they don't look like a long-term solution.

MLSnumbers003.jpg

Saw these numbers in the latest MLS magazine. Not sure if these are replacing last years as it's the adidas logo not MLS

These are the new DC United numbers and lettering. Wondering if it will be a league-wide font or is MLS going to let each team have a different one?

TTpcAlOD.jpg

These could be numbers intended for non league games. Most of you know EPL teams will wear a unique number for champions league and FA cup games. Sometimes a totally different kit, but occasionally new numbers slapped on a existing shirt,

arent these the A-league numbers from australia?

The Danimal said:
Texas is the state that gave us George W. Bush and Sarah Palin. 'Nuff said.

maybe just the numbers.

I don't know why people are saying that. They aren't very similar at all.

As I said elsewhere, the letterset is fine, the numbers could stand to be completely outlined, but the biggset problem is the numerals are oblique. It gives the impression of trying too hard to be cutting-edge, and they don't look like a long-term solution.

Actually, I was wrong... they aren't the Puma numbers.... but I knew I had seen those numbers before.....

Can you guess which current MLS player previously wore this number set?

6f00_1.JPG

Yep...

Oh, and this is on the front page of Onionbag.com:

main-front-usahome08.jpg

Actually, I was wrong... they aren't the Puma numbers.... but I knew I had seen those numbers before.....

Can you guess which current MLS player previously wore this number set?

6f00_1.JPG

I'll grant that they are more similar. But there are substantial differences, still.

The issue isn't their uniqueness, anyhow. It's the way they're used. The Madrid numbers are more successful because they aren't oblique.

Something else I noticed on these. no MLS logo. Is it possible that the teams will have one set for league and another set for CONCACAF? It doesn't make much sense to have MLS logos on then take them off. Unless each team gets their own number set, the MLS logo should be on the numbers

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Something else I noticed on these. no MLS logo. Is it possible that the teams will have one set for league and another set for CONCACAF? It doesn't make much sense to have MLS logos on then take them off. Unless each team gets their own number set, the MLS logo should be on the numbers

Thats what I was getting at earlier in the thread. They must be for tournaments and friendlies. I'd imagine if the MLS released their new number set, every team would have numbers on shirts for introductions. we'll see...

MLSnumbers003.jpg

TTpcAlOD.jpg

arent these the A-league numbers from australia?

I thought they were initially but the A-League numbers are a bit different.

twitter.com/thebrainofMatt

USAJRZ.jpg

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

don't like the DC United/MLS font - still think every team is going to have their own font (wishful thinking probably...)

like the US home shirt (similiar to ManUtd Away ca 2004).

prefer the "similiar" Puma one... (at least the number 7 looks good with that one)

USAJRZ.jpg

Beautiful. Now thats something I can see as a recognizable shirt for the US. keep that idea, change a bit here and there over the years and you have a winner

u couldn't have said it any better. (co-sign)

My problem is I really want that kit now. This is bad because A - I have to restrain myself until I at least see the navy blue one (which would be really cool if it's all blue with red stripes & white trim) B - they're going to change right before the World Cup and I usually like to own the World Cup jerseys more than the prelim jerseys.

I've never owned a US kit before b/c they've pretty much always sucked except for maybe 1998.

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

Archived