new kits for 07/08 season

kc51design

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Has anyone seen the new LA home shirts yet?

I'm pretty sure that they won't be getting new ones until next year... same with Houston, Toronto, New York, & Colorado...

From what I've read, the Gals will get a new home shirt as pictured here (notice the missing "bananas")...

2002102480743336945_fs.jpg

and the aways will stay the same.

So the homes will match the aways from what I can tell in the picture. I'm still not a fan of Columbus' black shirt even though they stand out from the other teams.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

I just saw a pic of England's new aways. :They look horrible! The fake mockup they put up was a hundred times better then those monstrosities. They are absolutely hideous. They look more like a training shirt than a shirt they'd wear in a match. major, major downgrade.

2008englandawayshirt.jpg

I will give them credit for having fans of the team show up in the shirt as well. It comes from team sponsor Nationwide whose ads state "Joe Smith (name changes in every advert) proud sponsor of the English National Teams.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

England.... who now have 2 of the ugliest kits around...

0,,12976327-EX,00.jpg

What really "hurts" my eyes are that the number is way to close to the Logo, aswell as the Red/DarkBlue/White mix on the shoulders. Less is more IMO....

I now know why JJB and other only ordered a very small (compared to otherwise) amount of these shirts (and it's not even about the missed qualifying for the Euro)

"Russia themed" Away and that "German themed" home shirt (gold, darkblue who looks like black, red) with these annoying spiral-things down the sides from the shoulders to the bottom.

Umbro made such nice kits during the 90s aswell as the 2005-2007 England Home Shirt for example.... but it's a shame what they have delivered in the last 2 years specially.

These turned out really bad...not a fan of the blue or the crest in the middle of the jersey. The championship star is also on the shoulder and not above the crest where it belongs.

(MLF) Chicago Cannons,  (IHA) Phoenix Firebirds - 2021 Xtreme Cup Champions

(WAFL) Phoenix Federals - WAFL World Bowl XII Champions (Defunct)

England.... who now have 2 of the ugliest kits around...

It's an interesting idea... but it just doesn't work. Two many ideas crammed in too close to each other.

Square up the top of the white shoulder flash, make the blue one white, and get the crest under the star. Still not perfect but definitely better.

Archived