San Diego Charger Uni changes?

webby17

I'm not sure if this is what they're referring to, but in the last couple of seasons some Panthers players have sported "logo-less" pants.

I'm pretty sure that if you go back and actually read that article, it points out that recent expansion teams like the Panthers and Texans have never changed their uniforms.

The paragraph that dirwuf quoted is out of context and very misleading.

• Replies 472
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I love how they are trying to implement the powder blue jerseys into the modern design, I wonder what the road unis will look like?

Hopefully white monochromes.

If the do it like that, I'll love it.

You know, I rarely visit ccslsc anymore. I really should fix that.

Again, from Chargers.com:

The redesigned bolt will be featured on a new metallic-white helmet. The three redesigned jerseys will follow the same color scheme as those in the past. The Chargers will continue to wear navy jerseys with white pants for most home games and white jerseys with navy pants on the road. The redesigned Powder blue jerseys with white pants will be worn on special occasions at home.

Link: http://www.chargers.com/news/headlines/cha...s-to-unveil.htm

Well the Chiefs re-introduced red pants (I guess that counts) and the Redskins slightly altered their sleeve stripes (relegating them to only the cuffs, with only the occasional QB exception.) I guess that's what they mean, unless they're counting the 70th ani. uniforms. I'm more curious as to what Carolina has changed in that time.

Also, the Redskins added the wordmark to their uniforms a few years ago.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

The redesigned bolt will be featured on a new metallic-white helmet. The three redesigned jerseys will follow the same color scheme as those in the past. The Chargers will continue to wear navy jerseys with white pants for most home games and white jerseys with navy pants on the road. The redesigned Powder blue jerseys with white pants will be worn on special occasions at home.

The away uniforms might look a little strange with white on every part of the uniform except the pants, which are very dark. They will become the only white-helmeted team in the NFL to have dark pants in their primary away uniform other than the Titans, who have the blue shoulder yoke to balance things out (I don't think the Dolphins or the Jets consider their dark pants part of their primary away uniforms). Not sure if that will turn out all right or not.

Other than that, I think this is the best recent update in the NFL. Other than the funky pants stripe and the inconsistent boltage, I agree with all the changes - a win's a win.

oh ,my god ,i strong recommend you to have a visit on the website ,or if i'm the president ,i would have an barceque with the anthor of the articel .

The away uniforms might look a little strange with white on every part of the uniform except the pants, which are very dark. They will become the only white-helmeted team in the NFL to have dark pants in their primary away uniform other than the Titans, who have the blue shoulder yoke to balance things out (I don't think the Dolphins or the Jets consider their dark pants part of their primary away uniforms). Not sure if that will turn out all right or not.

Other than that, I think this is the best recent update in the NFL. Other than the funky pants stripe and the inconsistent boltage, I agree with all the changes - a win's a win.

My guess is that they'll do what the cardinals did after the update: having a white helmet, white jersey, and red pants (in this case blue), to having all white.

You know, I rarely visit ccslsc anymore. I really should fix that.

Am I the only one who loved the old uniforms, yet really love the update as well??? I mean, they basically bridged the gap of their past designs with the future and did it very nicely. I'm not gonna pick one up because the Chargers are a franchise that has always been "meh" to me, but I still think it's a very good update.

The Fins mix and match a lot. It used to be that they wore their dark pants with the white jerseys most of the time, but they stopped doing that under Saban. Have no idea what Cameron's going to do.

Btw, I like this update. Modern without being gauche and it takes most of its influence from the past uniforms of the team.

cttdolphins2.png

I wonder how long it's going to be before the NFL hauls in the few teams that haven't added the wordmark to the front of the jersey, such as the Packers.

The Bears and Packers need their names under the necks because we might not know which teams they are.

Could it be that for some teams, the wordmark is the only thing that makes the uniform design trademarkable? I don't know how the law works, but can you trademark stripes and colors? Some teams (like the Eagles) have a trademarked logo on their jersey, and the wordmark is there just for aesthetics (this is debatable), but what about a team like the Browns?

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

On the left is what we mostly assume to be the new helmet. I think the light blue, when it touches the yellow, gives an illusion of teal. (blue + yellow = green) I put a design on the right side with the light blue on the outside and I kinda like it better. Too late, I guess.

chargercomparenew.jpg

I also think this new wordmark is less easy to read than the old mark. Don't get me wrong, the old one was ready to GO.

newlogo.jpg

Why does every team that updates their unis feel the need to put the team name at the bottom of the neckline? Like I really need that reminder..

It's probably because a lot of teams don't sport their logo on their jersey, so the only way to get the team identity out there is to put the name on jersey. Otherwise, a non-fan or a simple-minded fan may not know what team the jersey is supporting. It's more for jersey sales than on the field.

Archived