San Diego Charger Uni changes?

webby17

• Replies 472
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Peyton Manning looks ridiculous wearing a grey Revolution facemask. Gray masks are only OK if the team is still wearing the 2-bar facemask. It's called progress, folks...get used to it!

The Revolution facemask looks ridiculous. The color has nothing to do with it.

People in the 70's thought leisure suits and polyester were progress. People in the 80's thought parachute pants and leather ties were progress. When it comes to fashion progress is relative

BB52Big.jpg

Peyton Manning looks ridiculous wearing a grey Revolution facemask. Gray masks are only OK if the team is still wearing the 2-bar facemask. It's called progress, folks...get used to it!

People in the 70's thought leisure suits and polyester were progress. People in the 80's thought parachute pants and leather ties were progress. When it comes to fashion progress is relative

Shoot, then I guess I need to get rid of that lime-green suit with the white shoes and belt that I bought the other day. :blink:

NorthernColFightingWhites4.GIF

Shoot, then I guess I need to get rid of that lime-green suit with the white shoes and belt that I bought the other day. :blink:

If I've told you once, I've told you a thousand times -- do NOT buy your clothes at Herb Tarlek's annual yard sale.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

If I've told you once, I've told you a thousand times -- do NOT buy your clothes at Herb Tarlek's annual yard sale.

And THAT might be the post of the day. :notworthy:

do NOT buy your clothes at Herb Tarlek's annual yard sale...

...or Mr Twinkasetti's annual going out of business sale. :vaderandluke:

[sorry for the Perfect Strangers joke there...I've been waiting to use it for years.....] (sleepz)

spacer.png  5-time Defending NL East Champions spacer.png 

No. I'm going to disagree a bit here. This is progress in technology moreso than fashion. The technology was a clear plastic facemask and then some big gray metal welded together. Technology allowed them to color-code it and make it a piece of the uniform. Fashion styles come and go, that I'm not disputing. Other things upgrade. You didn't type your post on your Apple Computer running DOS off of those record-sized floppy disks did you? No. You're not thinking of getting one as a throwback are you? No. You upgraded and didn't look back.

KISSwall09.jpg

Guys litle inside info I heard from a guy who is a sportswiter in SD. The reason they went with a white helmet was do to pressure from the league to wear one helmet during the season. If they wanted to wear the powder blues anymore they would have to incorpoate a white helmet into the new uni's as a navy one would'nt look right when wearing the powder blues. The league actually had been catching heat from the Seahawks because they were denied a request years ago to have home and away helmets and they were pissed that teams like the Bills and Chargers could get away with it by simply claimimg THROWBACK. So they went with white so when they wear powder blues it keeps the same look the fans love. To me it seems the Chargers tried to please too many interest. I still think it looks good I just hate the inconsistentcy of the bolts not being always on a white background.

Peyton Manning looks ridiculous wearing a grey Revolution facemask.

Ummm, no. If you want to see Peyton Manning looking truly ridiculous, look no further than this . . .

peyton5.jpg

Cedric can hardly conceal his ridicule.

^ LOL at Peyton, but I fully agree with what he was thinking: "Dayyy-umm!"

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Dr. Kelso: My son is a big baseball fan. Not so much playing it, but more the designing and sewing of uniforms.

Tyler: That's neat.

Dr. Kelso: No, it's not.

Guys litle inside info I heard from a guy who is a sportswiter in SD. The reason they went with a white helmet was do to pressure from the league to wear one helmet during the season. If they wanted to wear the powder blues anymore they would have to incorpoate a white helmet into the new uni's as a navy one would'nt look right when wearing the powder blues. The league actually had been catching heat from the Seahawks because they were denied a request years ago to have home and away helmets and they were pissed that teams like the Bills and Chargers could get away with it by simply claimimg THROWBACK. So they went with white so when they wear powder blues it keeps the same look the fans love. To me it seems the Chargers tried to please too many interest. I still think it looks good I just hate the inconsistentcy of the bolts not being always on a white background.

That is BS... Cleveland, Buffalo, SD, Detroit, Denver, SF, Washington and Dallas have all worn multiple helmets in the past year or tow. This had nothing to do with that.

White is just the team's way of giving a nod to the past

I love the new wordmark. I ove the numbers. These uniforms are going to rock. I can't wait to see the powder blue jerseys with the navy pants.
To quote WWE superstar Booker T:

"Tell me you did not just say that!"

Light blue jersey / navy pants would be as butt-ugly on San Diego as it is on Tennessee:

img6715907.jpg

:shocked: Ouch! My eyes! They burn!

natsred.pngredskins.pngmaryland.pngcapitals.png

That is BS... Cleveland, Buffalo, SD, Detroit, Denver, SF, Washington and Dallas have all worn multiple helmets in the past year or tow. This had nothing to do with that.

White is just the team's way of giving a nod to the past

And you know this is BS how? Maybe those other teams are feeling the pressure too. The examples you give do absolutely nothing to discredit 54321's point.

That's like someone saying "there's a new law that you can't smoke in bars anymore" and you claiming "that's BS - my friend and I were smoking in a bar last year!"

(You may be correct about the real reason for the switch, but your statement didn't support your BS claim at all.)

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

^ LOL at Peyton, but I fully agree with what he was thinking: "Dayyy-umm!"

Wrong again.

"Hey baby....ever make it with a quarterback...six-five....laser rocket arm..."

Welcome to DrunjFlix

You can't wear two modern helmets in one season, but you can wear your current helmet or a throwback (or pseudo-throwback, like Washington's and Dallas'

Exactly what I was saying. Now this writer does'nt know that but what he was bascially saying was the Chargers wanted to keep the powder blues as an updated alt they also wanted to change their primary unis. They would have liked to have had a navy blue helmet and a white one when they wore the pwder blues but the league said since you updated the powder blues and made it an updated alt and not a classic throwback you have top pick one helmet. You cant have two helmets unless it's part of a throwback uni. The powder blues are no longer a throwback. Everybody get why it's a white helmet now?

Archived