San Diego Charger Uni changes?

webby17

Another thing...the "bolt" on the helmet is a bit different than the official primary logo:

SanDiegoChargers_HelmetSide_2007_SO.gif

As far as the colors go, it's the same Navy and Gold they've been using, and the same Powder/Collegiate Blue they've used since the throwbacks started being used.

One somewhat interesting side-note: the fabric color they're using for the Navy is now a proprietary Reebok custom fabric. The only other one I've seen used is the Seattle Seahawks/Charlotte Bobcats Pacific Blue.

• Replies 472
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Go here and look, that's how I designed the 3. If you have other information that could help, please do share. (you have my email).

Here's what the real 3 should look like:

SanDiegoChargers_Nbr3_2007.gif

Ummm... "gray face mask craze"??? Do two teams count as a craze? Cleveland, Indy... am I forgeting someone? (I'm not counting teams that have always worn gray masks as part of this supposed "craze")

NY Giants.

Thanks for that, now I can use that to fix up the rest of the Numbers. Also, thanks for the helmet there, I can fix-up the logo there as well.

In the Giants' defense, at least they have gray pants to match the face mask. Their entire identity is a pitiful mess, but I guess they could at least sort of justify the gray (unlike the other teams mentioned.)

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Wow, you leave for a few days and look what happens. I doubt I can add much to the discussion other than I am not a huge fan of the collar. I am not sure what it is about the white, but it doesn't seem to flow well. Oh well, I assume I will get used to it.

PopHeading-1.gif

Four. I was in several pages ago saying this was a step backwards. How it's come to pass that NFL teams feel their uniforms will not be recognized unless they have

1) their own custom number font

2) the team name at the collar

3) the team logo either on the sleeve, shoulders, or back

is beyond me.

Those are relatively minor quibbles (although I share each and every one of them).

Eliminate those elements, and I think it's a pretty sharp uniform.

Eliminate those elements, and all you needed to to was change the second layer on the numbers from navy to powder blue...but then you don't have 20+ pages of discussion! :lol:

The thing that amuses me is you design this crazy number set, and here's this 4 that could have been pulled of the back of any MLB team still using plain block numbers...

At least they don't have some numbers serifed, and the rest not...

From far away, the 3 and 8 look very similar. How many announcers are going to mix them up from the booth?

Dick Enberg, for one.

oh ,my god ,i strong recommend you to have a visit on the website ,or if i'm the president ,i would have an barceque with the anthor of the articel .

Thanks to the help of PANTONE, here's the finished Chargers sheet (minus the official wordmark of course)

SD.gif

Does it bug anyone else that the 5 & 6 is on a different plane then the 3, 8, and 9? The crossbar on the 5 is a little too high and the crossbar on the 6 is way too low. I hate it when numbers don't match up like that.

If you fix the 5 & 6, it would be a pretty solid number set, except the top of the 1 bugs the crap out of me...

GFB

I would give this set an A++ if they eliminated the colored panels and just used these variations on all the jerseys and pants.

charger-white.pngcharger-powder.pngcharger-navy.png

I wonder how an all-white set would look like...

?

| BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

Wasn't the unveiling a little rushed due to the leak? It could be that the bolts weren't finalized, but they just went with what they had on short notice. I'd wager that they'll be consistent when the season starts.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Archived