San Diego Charger Uni changes?

webby17

• Replies 472
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In the post by skyaa it looks the manequin is wearing col. blue socks with the navy jersey set. I hope this isn't the case because that would look really out of place.

I'm really starting to like these uniforms after seeing the closer view of them. Hopefully the col. blue accents will show up on TV since they weren't as noticeable during the fashion show.

Yes, I meant to mention that in fact but forgot. It looks goofy but it might just be 'cause Joe Schmoe the teenage team store clerk dressed the thing. I hope that's the case. Otherwise... :blink:

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

Wow, words can't describe how much I dislike that dark facemask.

When in doubt always go grey. I guess they didn't think the same way I do. :)

Never, NEVER go Gray.

Never.

:P

Grey facemasks would have looked so out of place. I wonder what light blue would have looked like, though.

Seeing those close-ups of the mannequins only makes me more pissed about what I see as the 2 biggest mistakes they made with these uniforms:

1) When the stripe is on a navy blue background, it should be outlined in white. It's moronic to outline it in navy blue, since the stripe just completely disappears.

2) The numbers on the white jerseys should go navy, yellow, light blue. That way, you could see 2 distinct outlines (like you can on the other 2 jerseys). Instead, the outlines just kind of blend together.

Here are two pictures that illustrate what I'm talking about:

IMG_1805.jpgIMG_1812.jpg

Oh well a touch of grey, kinda suits you anyway,

Thats all I had to say, but its all right

:P

Hippie.

:rolleyes:

oh ,my god ,i strong recommend you to have a visit on the website ,or if i'm the president ,i would have an barceque with the anthor of the articel .

Grey facemasks would have looked so out of place. I wonder what light blue would have looked like, though.

Seeing those close-ups of the mannequins only makes me more pissed about what I see as the 2 biggest mistakes they made with these uniforms:

1) When the stripe is on a navy blue background, it should be outlined in white. It's moronic to outline it in navy blue, since the stripe just completely disappears.

2) The numbers on the white jerseys should go navy, yellow, light blue. That way, you could see 2 distinct outlines (like you can on the other 2 jerseys). Instead, the outlines just kind of blend together.

Here are two pictures that illustrate what I'm talking about:

IMG_1805.jpgIMG_1812.jpg

I understand what you're saying, but at least it's consistent, you have to give that to them. The thing that looks bad up close is the helmet, that is a lot of white space on the side there.

PvO6ZWJ.png

You've nailed it. This set is very well designed, but they botched up the white versions. Real bad. It's like they did the light blue and navy and then got lazy on the white.

As for the backwards bolt...

Again...it's designed for the players. It's not backwards on them, it follows their shoulder pads and sticks out in a cool fashion.

On us skinny armed regular guys, it might resemble a U. But I think it looks great when worn with pads.

As a die hard Charger fan I would have to say that I hated them at first, but they are growing on me. I like the fact that they went back to yellow bolts. The helmets are great although I think a collegiate blue or white facemask would have been better. The bolts on the shoulders look like they're upside down and look like they're going opposite of the helmet bolts. Another thing that bugs me is that there should be a white outline on the bolts on the white jerseys and the white pants. That way the bolt color scheme of yellow, collegiate and navy always is outlined in white.

Archived