San Diego Charger Uni changes?

webby17

• Replies 472
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They look great, but the lightning bolt is backwards, like it's "striking" towards the back of the jersey.

newuniform.jpg

The Air Force Academy has used a lightning bolts that are upside down from the one the Chargers have traditionally used. Of course no one thinks AF's bolt is backwards because it is usually cut off on the other end. I'd have to see how the new Chargers bolt looks to really tell.

Air Force

Visit my store on REDBUBBLE

The stripe on the pants stripe is wider, contoured, coming around from the rear. And the bolt has just two points instead of the current eight.

Whaaaaaa?!

So you caught that, too. I cringed when I read that. I hope to God that we do not have pants that look like lightning is coming out of the player's rear.

While I am happy they ditched the big numbers on the side, I think the bolt on the plain white helmet will look like it's missing something. The navy helmet was perfection.

2 shades of blue. I guess that must be the NFL's mandate these days (see Titans, Bills, Seahawks).

There are some things I like, such as bringing back the white shoulder panel, the yellow-gold bolt and keeping the offset gold outline around the numerals.

I hate the name being on the front of the jersey. It is just lame.

Will we still have navy pants to go with the white away unis? Facemask color?

To me, while I've always wanted to go back to the Fouts era unis, the ones we have now are perfect by comparison and I hate them being changed to this. All-in-all, I question the need for the throwbacks now. With the white helmet and addition of powder blue, it should just be a powder blue alternate.

I feel like they have bastardized my team. Sigh.

I'm going to go with they are going to be a downgrade...just like pretty much everyone who's updated lately. I'll say it again. The last classiest upgrade to modern was the Bucs. They upgraded, didn't feel the need for weird piping, funky logos above their name, shoulder logos, blank sleeves, or a gray mask.

At first glance, the wordmark on the front looks a little large, the bolts look silly, and the larger font numbers on the shoulders seem to be crowding the bolts. I hope there isn't a gray mask or a logo above the player nameplate. The pants sound rediculous and I imagine their will be navy versions due to the league-wide boner for monochrome over the past few years. I agree with the sentiment that their is no need for throwbacks, just get a secondary jersey...which makes sense now that powder blue is back in the scheme.

Like Minnesota and Arizona, I bet it'll sound like a good idea, look like a good idea on paper, and then be a little downgrade on the field. Sorry, but like I said, since the Bucs, nobody has really impressed me with their overhauls...then again, I'm not a designer, just a uniform fan.

KISSwall09.jpg

So it is indeed powder blue that is being used as an accent. Nice! I was afraid it was just the blending of the navy and yellow.

Another thing I was thinking was why didn't they put the helmet numbers on the sides instead of the rear of the helmet and what will be the facemask color?

my sources tell me yellow facemasks.

So it is indeed powder blue that is being used as an accent. Nice! I was afraid it was just the blending of the navy and yellow.

Another thing I was thinking was why didn't they put the helmet numbers on the sides instead of the rear of the helmet and what will be the facemask color?

my sources tell me yellow facemasks.

Good Lord...NO!

The helmet will kill this look. The unis look great. The Chargers knew they had to upgrade and somehow add a hint of powder blue.

2004 San Jose Sharks 7th Man Fan of the Year

San Jose Gold Miners - 4x Lombardi Cup Champions

I agree with those who think the addition of light blue is a bit of an overkill.

White helmet is a downgrade. White helmets look better on teams with just primary color (Penn State, Wisconsin, NY Jets).

Sure, there are too many teams with navy, but their former home uniform was great. A royal blue would not look right with that bright of a yellow. I will wait to see if it is displayed on NFL Network before the draft.

I like it . Kinda of like an old school with a new school look to it. Such as brining back the light blue back .

Plus they should of done a better job covering this up cus u can clearly see the helment lol.

sd.png

4kv29i.jpg

The stripe on the pants stripe is wider, contoured, coming around from the rear. And the bolt has just two points instead of the current eight.

Whaaaaaa?!

So you caught that, too. I cringed when I read that. I hope to God that we do not have pants that look like lightning is coming out of the player's rear.

While I am happy they ditched the big numbers on the side, I think the bolt on the plain white helmet will look like it's missing something. The navy helmet was perfection.

2 shades of blue. I guess that must be the NFL's mandate these days (see Titans, Bills, Seahawks).

There are some things I like, such as bringing back the white shoulder panel, the yellow-gold bolt and keeping the offset gold outline around the numerals.

I hate the name being on the front of the jersey. It is just lame.

Will we still have navy pants to go with the white away unis? Facemask color?

To me, while I've always wanted to go back to the Fouts era unis, the ones we have now are perfect by comparison and I hate them being changed to this. All-in-all, I question the need for the throwbacks now. With the white helmet and addition of powder blue, it should just be a powder blue alternate.

I feel like they have bastardized my team. Sigh.

I caught that too--about the bolt coming from around behind the back. And automatically I started thinking along the lines of an element that I've come to like including in my football concepts: that Toronto-esque back panel/side stripe. It'd definitely be a first, that's for sure.

Now, having said all that, and after having seen that link Legion threw up...

Am I the only one who looks at that and thinks "Power Rangers"???

32480_282wh.jpg

MIGHTY MORPHIN POWER RANGERS!!!

I'm sorry...I couldn't resist. I know I ain't right for that though...

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

No, it's a modified version of Bureau Agency Bold.

Also, judging from that photo, the helmet should look similar to this. I apologize for the round corners on the bolts. It's just the way the Stroke handled it in Photoshop.

chargersconcept1.png

EDIT: I just took a harder look at the photo, and don't think I saw the white pinline in the bolt. So, I just altered the drawing a little bit.

chargersconcept4.png

Archived