Canada Concept

speedy

Part 1

Chinese Taipei

Japan

Korea

China

Kicking off Part 2, is the Canadian National Team.

Canada came into the classic with a chance, albeit not a very big one, of advancing to the 2nd round of pool play. Their debut match came against a severly undertalented South African squad. Much to the suprise of the world, South Africa went into the 9th inning with a 1 run lead, before eventually surrendering 4 runs and losing the game 11-8. After a less than impressive victory against South Africa, Canada faced off against the powerhouse US squad, who was also struggling. Canada took an 8 run lead into the bottom of the 5th inning before a Varitek slam cut the lead to 2. Canada suprisingly held on to win the game 8-6. With a win against Mexico, Canada would clinch a spot in the 2nd round. Unable to get a W, they fell to the masterful pitching of Esteban Loaiza and the powerful Mexican offense, losing 8-1. With the United States vs. South Africa matchup set to determin the fate of both North American teams, Canada needed either a US loss, or South Africa to score 16 runs, both of which seemed highly unlikely. The United States went on to win 17-0, and knocked Canada out of the tournament despite losing to them earlier in pool play.

Now it's time for the uniforms, and these I loath. They suck, plain and simple. The Mapleleaf C looks absolutely ridiculous. It reminds me as though Chris' logo and one-seamed-backwards-moving baseball mated. Don't get me wrong, Chris' logo is excuted beautifuly, this, is not. The uniforms look just as pieced together as their insignia. Overall a poorly executed identity package.

Onto my uniforms, I kept them simple. I completely got rid of that Mapleleaf C and replaced it with a wishbone C. I stayed away from using black because I think Canadian Red by itself is beautiful. Besides, the Canadian Flag isnt Red, Black, and White is it? No it isnt. I also stayed away from "over mapleleafing" the design, since I'm not pro-slap a maple leaf on everything Canadian. So far, this is my favorite in the series...

Canada.png

C&C as always...

Absolutely beautiful. Simplicity at its best. Hats look very nice. Wishbone C was a nice choice. Seems like there's something missing though. Perhaps a thin black outline? I don't know, but the white seems to, er, bright.

I love simplicity.

jman077.png

Sig courtesy of LEWJ

I like it. Too Reds-ish IMO, but that's bound to happen when your main color is red and you use the wishbone C. I dunno, what about using the wishbone C with a maple leaf in it or something? A little less Cincinnati and the sort.

I always thought my country was founded in 1867... 1931 is the Westminster Act that gave the independance to Canada from The Commonwealth...

Anyway, the uniform is well done... simple yet effective...

but I would put a maple leaf on the cap instead of the Reds logo

Le QUÉBÉCOIS

sign_zps3c6a5c3f.jpg

I always thought my country was founded in 1867... 1931 is the Westminster Act that gave the independance to Canada from The Commonwealth...

That's what I'm going for, I used the Westminster Act of 1931 specifically for the fact it gave Canada independance.

And as for the add black, no. No black. Sorry.

I don't like the reds C as our C for baseball. How about something more similar to the habs C? or the Canucks type C maybe? Or just make a C style up yourself kinda thing, otherwise the design is awesome, i love it.

Oh and how about some black? Like how our hockey jersies...our red and white is soo boring sometimes.

LETS GO PENGUINS!

5x Stanley Cup Champions

I like the fact that you stuck to the national colors. I don't like the wishbone-C. Aside from the fact that it looks exactly like the Cincinnati Reds, it's so generic. The wishbone-C is used virtually everywhere and so doesn't say "Canada." Furthermore, it doesn't match the 'C' in the wordmark.

I know you didn't want to "over-leaf" the design, but I think if you simply put a white maple leaf on the cap instead of a 'C' it'd be virtually perfect.

"In the arena of logic, I fight unarmed."

I tweet & tumble.

amazing work.

like the basic look.

do bad they dont have alts.

beacuse the red one would look amazing.

you have come along way.

great job.

keep this up.

Fragments.

Much?

Don't keep

this

up.

:rolleyes:

You know, I rarely visit ccslsc anymore. I really should fix that.

If Canada is independant from the Commonwealth...why do we participate in the Commonwealth Games? Ireland is independant from the Comm. and they do not send a team to the Games.

OUT

That's what I'm going for, I used the Westminster Act of 1931 specifically for the fact it gave Canada independance.

1867 is the traditional founding date for Canada though. July 1, Canada Day, celebrates the Confederation of the Dominion of Canada on July 1, 1867.

The concept itself is beautiful. Simple, but not boring. I agree that Canada's national teams should de-emphasize or remove black (and all other trim colours).

That said, I don't like the hat. If I buy a Team Canada baseball hat I want it to be recognized as such. Your version is almost identical to a Cincinnati Reds cap.

To improve the cap I would either combine the wishbone C with a maple leaf (it is Canada's national team after all, so a leaf on the cap wouldn't be overkill) or replace the wishbone C with the block C used in the wordmark.

Archived