San Jose concept jersey

krilow

No. Here's why, the logo doesn't work at all with the jersey, powder blue is the new black, people need to stop using it. Stick to teal and black, it looks beautiful when done right. Keep the silver from the original. If you insist on keeping these colors and logo, atleast work black into the jersey. It's used predominatly in the logo but nowhere in the uniform, that needs to change. The nameplate is gigantic too, I'd make that a little bit smaller.

atleast work black into the jersey.

Yeah, definetely change the colors. Its a cool design, but I would substitute teal for the powder blue and black for the yellow, with grayish-silver accents. I think that would look great for the home jersey, teal with black sides. Also, loving the logo looks fierce and has a cool font.

Overall, good try at something new, but keep the old color scheme

Putting the word "Sharks" under the logo is redundant.

Teams should either use the logo or use the lettering, not both. I'm specifically thinking of right here in my homestate with the University of North Dakota hockey team. But you gave me a chance to rant about a pet peeve.

I like it, but I think the script could be used on an alternate. It just clutters up the front.

I'm kinda confused at the first two replies. This is a CONCEPT forum, where designers make new, unique, and original designs for existing teams. If everyone is telling someone to "stick with the current design", or "current colors", then what's the point of making a concept? Sure, powder blue might be the new black, but at least krilow had the balls to make a whole new striping design and use a different logo.

Thumbs down.

1. Why gold? Did adding it accomplish anything? If not, it's a lateral move at best, and it's not even that. It's a step backward. It adds clutter to a streamlined look.

2. The Sharks simply are teal. Anything but teal would be a disservice, like the Oakland A's without green and gold.

3. THORNTON.

4. As winghaz mentioned, the crest is redundant. It's pretty clear that the logo depicts a shark; you don't need to write it out explicitly just below it.

5. The silver and black and teal conjure up a shark better than powder blue and gold.

6. As Steve-O said, you owe someone some credit here. Based on the wide discrepancy in the quality of the shark crest you used versus the rest of the concept (specifically the shoulder patches, the lettering, the number outlining), it's clear that you are borrowing someone's work. At least give them public acknowledgement of what you're doing.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

I like it, but I think the script could be used on an alternate. It just clutters up the front.

I'm kinda confused at the first two replies. This is a CONCEPT forum, where designers make new, unique, and original designs for existing teams. If everyone is telling someone to "stick with the current design", or "current colors", then what's the point of making a concept? Sure, powder blue might be the new black, but at least krilow had the balls to make a whole new striping design and use a different logo.

Thanks for telling me this is a concept forum, I've been posting all my concepts in the Lounge, woah.

And if I don't like something, I'm going to tell the person why. If I personally think the Sharks should be teal and black then I'll say it, and you'll deal with it. We all have different opinions which is why in the CONCEPT forums we ask for C&C.

35428_firstImageIMG.jpg

Yeah, the Cronulla Sharks want their logo back.

Something that really bugs me is when people steal NRL logos for concepts, and then think it ain't gonna get by us because it's Australian.

WRONG-O.

philly.png

you both make good points

Speedy should be allowed say his opinion be it good or bad.

But speedy, you gotta give him credit for trying something new. I don't like it much either but it does look kind of messy and thats a pet peeve of mine.

Any ways on to my opinion.

I'am not entirly sure where the yellow came from, I think if you replaced it with black it would be better.

Also scrap the wordmark and clean it up and you've got a quality concept.

P.S. It's way better then mine was

BANNER.png

Hahaha. Busted.

Man, lately there have been so many new members on these forums trying to get credit for stolen work. Every single time, they have been exposed.

Thats why I am trying to stop doing it. I admit that I was guilty of copying but at least I say where I got my work. Oh and its true...EVERYTIME you get exposed. There is just no way to get around it.

Cat Eyes - Josh B)

ogopr90c4s7q4ez68ga7vhbyh.gifv7xqqsng0c3badvnm9i4e3oca.gif8sg7h2ns8fixo1yqzakt0uvwb.gif

This is getting out of hand with stolen logos and templates. There really should be rules in place for submitting concepts to the board. At the very least some kind of honour system should be in place.

1. Of course no logo should be stolen from another board member. No exceptions.

2. No logo should be stolen from another league and applied to another franchise. Really, is there any point to the San Jose Sharks stealing a logo from an Australian team?

3. No existing template shall be recoloured and submitted as one's own work.

4. No original work should be reposted on the board by someone other than the author. If you can find the graphic online you can find the author. It's disrespectful to take their work and repost it without their permission.

DEATH TO REEBOK

This is getting out of hand with stolen logos and templates. There really should be rules in place for submitting concepts to the board. At the very least some kind of honour system should be in place.

1. Of course no logo should be stolen from another board member. No exceptions.

2. No logo should be stolen from another league and applied to another franchise. Really, is there any point to the San Jose Sharks stealing a logo from an Australian team?

3. No existing template shall be recoloured and submitted as one's own work.

4. No original work should be reposted on the board by someone other than the author. If you can find the graphic online you can find the author. It's disrespectful to take their work and repost it without their permission.

I like all of those except the last one. For instance I posted 2 red wings concepts because I liked them and wanted to find the owner. That could be an exception I supose. Other than that yeah I say that those rules should be implaced.

Cat Eyes - Josh B)

ogopr90c4s7q4ez68ga7vhbyh.gifv7xqqsng0c3badvnm9i4e3oca.gif8sg7h2ns8fixo1yqzakt0uvwb.gif

Archived