Red Wings in white at home today

EatSleepJeep

And by vintage jerseys we mean the Bruins will take the bear patch off their shoulder, and the Red Wings will wear the same white jerseys they've worn since... forever.

And by vintage jerseys we mean the Bruins will wear their uniforms from the 60's and early 70's.

Fixed that for you. The current Bruins road sweater is completely different from what they're wearing tonight against Detroit. I've heard atleast a dozen people on this board say that they look the same... sorry, but no.

Oh. Wow. There's a huge difference if you really look. I'm so used to teams completely redoing their jerseys that when a team makes a not so big change I don't really notice. Paul would be ashamed of me.

jman077.png

Sig courtesy of LEWJ

How can the Bruins not want those to be their primary unis?

I don't know where you got those pics, but they are simply incredible! Thanks for posting them.

"This sweater, this Bluenote, it's your life. That Bluenote never hits the floor. You wear that sweater with pride." Barclay Plager

plagerbrosdancing.jpg

How can the Bruins not want those to be their primary unis?

I don't know where you got those pics, but they are simply incredible! Thanks for posting them.

Well, the Bruins are rumored to be getting new uniforms. So perhaps they will adopt that design again.

Though, the most gorgeous thing about that game was that the Red Wings lost. :P

That game was good for the league. 2 beautifully dressed teams on national tv in a game that captured my interest away from the sea of college basketball. Even though they always show the Wings, it was good to see a team I don't get to watch often in the Bruins.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Dr. Kelso: My son is a big baseball fan. Not so much playing it, but more the designing and sewing of uniforms.

Tyler: That's neat.

Dr. Kelso: No, it's not.

i dont think it could be stated enough, the obvious beauty of those Bruins jerseys. every time the Bruins are on national tv i say "oh i hope theyre wearing their vintage" and when theyre not, i change the channel, its not worth it. i watched that game on sunday, it was a thing of beauty eh?

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

"oh i hope theyre wearing their vintage"

Meh, Pooh Bear was 10x better in my opinion. That was my favorite jersey in the whole league and then they canned it.

You mean this one?

bruins_pooh.jpg

Loads better than the classic Bobby Orr/Phil Esposito look. :rolleyes:

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

Detroit is playing at home again and wearing white. Since they wear white for the road games too, that means they're not wearing red at all any more. What gives?

Why do the Soviet Flying Tires get to wear white at home while the rest of the league wears dark?

Detroit is playing at home again and wearing white. Since they wear white for the road games too, that means they're not wearing red at all any more. What gives?

Why do the Soviet Flying Tires get to wear white at home while the rest of the league wears dark?

Because those white uniforms are awesome, that's why.

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" • News • Facebook • X/Twitter • Instagram

Don't get me wrong, I like the white with red sleeves(wings) better, but it seems odd that Detroit is the exception to the rule every night. A team named the RED wings may want to wear their red jerseys every once in a while.

I have a more sinister explanation, though. Conspiracy theory follows:

I'd have to imagine that the red jersey is historically more popular with the fans. At least in recent years with it being the home jersey and the propensity for people to avoid the easy-to-stain white.

With the impending switch to RBK Edge jerseys, the wings may be overstocked on the white jerseys than the reds. They may be trying to sell more of them at regular prices before they will be discounted when the Edges hit the shelves in September. By wearing them at home, they may be trying to influence the crowds to match the team and sell down their inventory.

Those sneaky Cherry Chickens...

It's simple the Red Wings want to wear their white jersey (because it's better) and the other teams are agreeing to because they aren't going on long road trips. Like someone said it's a home and home with Nashville that means Nashville only has to bring one set of uniforms with them to Detroit so they don't care what set it is. If a team coming to Detroit is on a road trip I would guess that the Red Wings would then be wearing red at home.

This isn't anything special with the Red Wings. Any team can ask the visitors if they want to where the dark when they come to Detroit. Most don't because they either don't care or like dark at home.

1Bos6w.jpg

1Bos1w.jpg

1Bos2w.jpg

1Bos3w.jpg

Those are tremendously sweet, the only thing that bugs me is the white trim on the shoulder panels. I don't like how it stops and the yellow keeps going and rounds off-they should just make the white outline go all the way around the yellow, or at least have it come down as far as the yellow. Otherwise, perfection.

• LMU locked this topic

Archived