Sign in to follow this  
jus2damcrazey219

Drexel not selected in NCAA tourney

:evil: This is just ridiculous!! They selected Illinois, Arkansas, Stanford and didn't selected Drexel and teams like FSU, Syracuse, or Air Force!!! Who are these people that select the brackets!!!?? :evil: This all about reputation. Drexel had good enough wins (road wins on top of that), a great RPI, strength of schedule, and still...wasn't good enough to get in.

DAMN IT!!! BOISE STATE SHOULD BE PLAYING FOR THE NATIONAL TITLE!!! :cursing:

I look at this way...the NIT is going to be kicka$$ this year.

NIT= Not Invited Tournament: The Battle to be #66.

(Formerly the strive to be #65)

Drexel should defenitly should be in the NCAA Tourney. I really don't see how Drexel, a team who won @ Sryacuse, @ Villanova, and @ Creighton could not be in the tourney.

Syracuse should also be in but they don't have as big of a case as Drexel. All of SU's losses were to ranked teams at the time or teams in the tourney minus the game at St. Johns. They won away from the Dome (5-4) and won 6 out of the last 8 games.

Yep, Drexel got jobbed.

FSU? Not so much.

The real problem with this year's tournament were their selections for #1 seeds.

It's pretty obvious that Niagara and Central Connecticut State should be top seeds :P

Drexel did get jobbed.

I don't understand how Stanford could get in. Arkansas even.

Also, as an Illinois fan, I can't for the life of me figure out why so many people think we should not have gotten in.

We have just about everything you're supposed to have. We don't have any super huge victories, but we also don't have any bad losses.

I'm glad we're in, I'm just not sure why it was so close. Especially if Purdue is a 9 seed and Indiana is a 7 seed.

how would Stanford not get in,they beat Virgina in Virgina,ucla,oregon.usc,texas tech and a few others is that not enough big time win,come on,dont cry because ur team didn't make it

how would Stanford not get in,they beat Virgina in Virgina,ucla,oregon.usc,texas tech and a few others is that not enough big time win,come on,dont cry because ur team didn't make it

Obviously you are...so why can't we?

grammartime.gif

With that being put there, I agree. Stanford had enough quality wins to get them in. Barely.

Drexel STILL got jobbed though.

grammartime.gif

With that being put there, I agree. Stanford had enough quality wins to get them in. Barely.

Drexel STILL got jobbed though.

They also had a fair share of embarassing losses that certainly should have kept them out. 18-12? Sorry, that's not an NCAA-quality record, any way you slice it. That's NIT territory, baby. Arkansas should be thanking their lucky stars, too.

Drexel, poor guys. Finishing 4th in their conference was certainly not the right way to wrap up an NCAA bid, though.

w/e

12 losses isn't that much and 2 losses by 20+ isn't that bad

18 wins aren't that much either...

There were 104 teams this year with 20 wins. Just an fyi. You guys really should have won more games (and not gotten demolished). Advancing in the tournament would have helped as well.

losing to a very good usc team in the tournament by 4 i think is not that bad,considering usc went to the confrence tournament and Stanford was up by 11 and had a great chance to win.

losing to a very good usc team in the tournament by 4 i think is not that bad,considering usc went to the confrence tournament and Stanford was up by 11 and had a great chance to win.

But they didn't. So they aren't dancing. Teams that can actually finish games stand a better chance of going to the NCAAs than 18 win teams that can't.

Enjoy the NIT home game. I'll enjoy Bradley's run. (hey...I like their chances against a Big East team).

But they didn't. So they aren't dancing. Teams that can actually finish games stand a better chance of going to the NCAAs than 18 win teams that can't.

Enjoy the NIT home game. I'll enjoy Bradley's run. (hey...I like their chances against a Big East team).

You DO realize that he's talking about Stanford, AND that they ARE IN the tournament, even ranked as high as 11.