King County, WA State

DG_ThenNowForever

My adoptive county just released a new logo. King County, which surrounds Seattle, was originally named after William Rufus DeVane King, a U.S. vice president, who died in 1853. William King was also a slave owner.

This is the old logo:

kclogorev.gif

And this is the new one:

logohome.gif

What do you think?

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

My adoptive county just released a new logo. King County, which surrounds Seattle, was originally named after William Rufus DeVane King, a U.S. vice president, who died in 1853. William King was also a slave owner.

This is the old logo:

kclogorev.gif

And this is the new one:

logohome.gif

What do you think?

I think if everyone ignores what you wrote up there, it's not bad. But then again...

philly.png

wait i thought the king county logo was like this crown thing around a circle?!?

It was, it looks like the link was changed to reflect the new logo. The old logo was in it's place yesterday.

This is the old logo:

kclogorev.gif

And this is the new one:

logohome.gif

What do you think?

It doesn't look anything like him!

WilliamRufusKing.jpg

facebook.png twitter.pngblogger.pngflickr-1.jpg

Funny. I'm all for progressing. I think I'm all for reclaiming previously bad things. But Martin Luther King for King County seems like too much of a stretch. Or maybe it's just the Che Guevara-inspired imagery. I think that as a good liberal I should be all for the change, but it also seems a bit unnecessary.

Oh well.

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

This is the old logo:

kclogorev.gif

And this is the new one:

logohome.gif

What do you think?

It doesn't look anything like him!

WilliamRufusKing.jpg

Funny you say that, before I actually read that post through I thought it was a really off drawing of Martin Luther King, Jr....

espnsig.gif

You mean its not MLK?

I'm sorry but to everyone outside Seattle, that is MLK.

No, no, it is. King County was initially named after a former vice-president and slave-owner. Now it's named after Martin Luther King.

I think its damn odd to have a county named for one person but a logo of another. Almost seems like putting up a picture of Gerald Ford at Ford world h.q. just because Henery Ford was a biggot. Wouldnt we have to re-logo every thing named Washington or Jefferson too? Seems like being P.C. went too far on this one.

I'm for having a county named after MLK, but give him his own, or take a different one. IE Montgomery County could be King or Parks county, would fit better. If King County Washington was originally Smith or Jones county I'm guessing it would not have been changed to King in refrence to MLK.

Not to hijack the topic, but slavery was a legal yet contraversial issue. Can anybody that has had an abortion (a modern day legal yet contraversial issue) have their name/likeness stripped from things?

Dan

Belts.jpg
PotD May 11th, 2011
looooooogodud: June 7th 2010 - July 5th 2012

I think its damn odd to have a county named for one person but a logo of another. Almost seems like putting up a picture of Gerald Ford at Ford world h.q. just because Henery Ford was a biggot. Wouldnt we have to re-logo every thing named Washington or Jefferson too? Seems like being P.C. went too far on this one.

Kind of like having a team named after a coach whose last name was a color, and then having that color being used as the primary color for the team but then using a completely different color for the helmet of the said team which becomes the signifying mark of the team when they decide not to adorn miscolored helmet with a logo leading to constant debate on why the team is a contradiction.

Or something like that. :D

#CHOMPCHOMPCHOMP

Um, King County was indeed named after the vice president. However the county was renamed in 1986 after MLK (as detailed here) to celebrate our diversity, or something like that. And while many cities have a Martin Luther King Jr. Street, we're probably the only state with a county named after him.

I had no idea they changed the logo. I really like it, though it'll look kinda weird on the side of busses.

Quest2copy.pngnflseattlelr4.png

fifaunitedstateschampsnc4.pngTottenhamHotspur.png

ummmmmm i dont wanna sound incensitive, but that is one of the dumbest logos i have ever seen. The county wasnt even named after him. yes i read the thing about honoring him but when i think of king county and seattle, i dont think MLK

Yeah, well it's not like it was named for a real king either, so having a crown is also kinda stupid. You might not think it, but the Seattle area is actually pretty diverse, so MLK on our logo isn't far fetched at all.

Quest2copy.pngnflseattlelr4.png

fifaunitedstateschampsnc4.pngTottenhamHotspur.png

Archived