Blue Jays Hybrid Logo Concept

Braden

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks pretty good... neat idea.

One thought I had was whether it would look better with the top edge of the bat highlighted, considering the light source from above. Otherwise, you did well blending them.

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

Sheer genious - W O W ! ! !

I love it!

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

I can't stand the T by itself, but this is awesome.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Dr. Kelso: My son is a big baseball fan. Not so much playing it, but more the designing and sewing of uniforms.

Tyler: That's neat.

Dr. Kelso: No, it's not.

First thing I've ever seen involving the current Jays set that I actually like. I wish they would hire some folks from this site to redesign their look. The new T is one of the most underwhelming hat logos I've ever seen. Looks more like a fashion hat that would languish on the rack till they were discounted for $2.99. I'm a Reds fan that doesn't see any Toronto stuff anywhere, and maybe Jays fans like the current look, but I myself really liked their World Series era look.

Great execution, but in my opinion you've combined two of the worst Jays logos ever.

Still, your work deserves the response it's getting.

I fully agree - which not only makes the praise highly warranted, but makes the overall concept that much more impressive.

Ever since the Jays trotted out the muscular bird with the leaf tat, they've been tinkering too much with their look. They broke in with an instantly iconic set in '77 - the original logo, the unique wordmark and number font. Their first hat is still their best hat (I finally found one in 7 3/8, and I got it last week). The Clemens uniforms were a decent modernization (flag behind the bird), but that was it. I am still waiting for someone to come to their senses and undo the mess they wear now.

Putting your logo prominently on the caps would be a decent first step for the Jays to reclaim their spot near the top of MLB's best dressed list. Really well done, Braden.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

So Braden, what do you say we try to pitch this logo to the jays for an Alternate jersey? After all this positive feedback and if we show up to a game wearing them on shirts, they'd be crazy not to ask us if they could adopt it for an alternate jersey. :P

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

Wonderful Job Braden!

I agree with some of the other guys.. I would like to see a red maple leaf.

There can't be a red leaf because there is NO red anywhere else in the current colour scheme.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

Wonderful Job Braden!

I agree with some of the other guys.. I would like to see a red maple leaf.

There can't be a red leaf because there is NO red anywhere else in the current colour scheme.

Nonsense! Pishposh! A logo, or even a jersey script, absolutely can have a color not otherwise in its official scheme. Or shall we ban the yellow bat from the Cardinals' jerseys? "But the yellow bat is in the Cardinals logo," one might object. "And now so is the red maple leaf in the Blue Jays logo," would be the response.

Personally, I'm in the "ditch the maple leaf" camp because it's busy. But the gray maple leaf doesn't make any sense to me on its own. It'd be like a purple star with yellow and green stripes for the USA. Or is it the case that, in Canada, a gray maple leaf is a common national symbol?

I'm also on the fence about the bat color. On the one hand, it's jarring to see a bat that looks so much like a metal or composite bat for a big-league (wood-bat) team. On the other, a more realistically colored bat would probably be distracting in this context. Perhaps a lighter gray with a little bit of darker gray shading would do the trick.

But this is still a freakin' sweet concept. I agree that it takes two logos that I don't much like into something that would be my favorite logo for this team ever. In fact, I'd love to see this muscular cartoon bird applied to the "Jays" script as well.

20082614447.png

Notwithstanding the fact that I never liked that bird logo to begin with, this is an excellently executred hybrid logo. I wonder what it would look like with the bird on the other side of the T, leaving the loop of the T exposed.

While I'm not fond of the bird, I do think that they should use this T in the TORONTO script logo on the road jerseys. I very much like the T logo they've made.

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

Archived