Blue Jays Hybrid Logo Concept

Braden

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well... I was talking with Neon Matrix last week, and he mentioned that it would be cool to see how the old Blue Jays "T-Bird" looked on the new "T" alternate logo of the Jays.

So myself, having vectors of both, I decided to give it a try. Neon thought it was so good, that I should post it.

And here it is:

newtbird_big.gif

What do you think?

This should be their primary logo!

heh, I was planning on putting LA's angry king on my black tee, but I think I'll give this a roll. My second favorite Jays logo (the T-bird) and the underwhelming new T join forces and become Gnarls Barkley :D

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

heh, I was planning on putting LA's angry king on my black tee, but I think I'll give this a roll. My second favorite Jays logo (the T-bird) and the underwhelming new T join forces and become Gnarls Barkley :D

When we go to a jays game this year we're planning on putting the TORONTO text one on a shirt, either black or a solid charcol grey. We may settle on putting that logo big on the centre of the shirt or could put it as a smaller patch on the left breast. All I know is when we settle on what we're doing with it, we'll post pics. Should look good though, which ever image we choose to use. I'm sure we'll get lots of "is that their new logo?" or "since when did they use that?" We also kind of have a running bet going as to how long it will take before the pre-teen tards over at the offical Jays board find either of them and post them as being "TEH NEW JAYZ LOGOZ!!1!!!!! OMGZ1!!"

Muhahaha!

EDIT: Yo Braden, I noticed something wrong with the text.

newtbird_script.gif

There is no black line in this one on the white part of the T below the Jays head. Its on the earlier one but not there on this one. Just saw it now.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

That has got to be the single most awesome Jays concept on these boards! Excellent work!

Glove-slap!

The CC97-Phil Blue Jays logo hybrid challenges the Braden-Neon_Matrix Blue Jays logo hybrid to a duel!

Toronto%20Blue%20Jays%20Logo%20Edit.gif

This superior grasp of Blue Jays' history and 2 World Championships easily defeats your faux-toughness and new-school design! Step down in disgrace!

:D

Great job, Braden/Neon_Matrix.

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

It's well done, Braden, but the curve of the T makes it look like the bird's head is caught in the letter. The bat should be wooden, the maple leaf and baseball seams should be red, the black should be blue. Also, I've never been a fan of that bird, the way it's almost smiling. It looks almost coquettish. I preferred the abstract original to the anthropomorphic modern logo. But whatever, don't listen to me. It's put together very well, you've impressed the vast majority of us, I'm just very particular about how the Blue Jays look, I guess.

That has got to be the single most awesome Jays concept on these boards! Excellent work!

Glove-slap!

The CC97-Phil Blue Jays logo hybrid challenges the Braden-Neon_Matrix Blue Jays logo hybrid to a duel!

This superior grasp of Blue Jays' history and 2 World Championships easily defeats your faux-toughness and new-school design! Step down in disgrace!

Needs more black/graphite, cuz I'm sorry, Blue... Red... those ain't the Jays colours no more. :P

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

newtbird_script.gif

If you put this on a shirt, make an extra, size L. I'll buy it.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

newtbird_script.gif

I'm not going to lie that looks awesome. I thought the "T-Bird" logo they had before their current set look really good. This synthesis makes the futuristic font look like it belongs to the team. I have one suggestion that I would like to see (although I'm not sure it would be an improvement). Could you take off the outline from around the bird? I that would make it a bit cleaner. Leave the double outline around "Toronto" though. A minor point that I think may work.

"In the arena of logic, I fight unarmed."

I tweet & tumble.

This should be their primary logo!

I couldn't disagree more. The logo they have now is fine, I'm just not sure that they've used it the best they can on the unis.

EDIT: Yo Braden, I noticed something wrong with the text.

newtbird_script.gif

There is no black line in this one on the white part of the T below the Jays head. Its on the earlier one but not there on this one. Just saw it now.

Yeah I noticed that before... and it's been fixed. I didn't bother to post the new one.

Glove-slap!

Needs more black/graphite, cuz I'm sorry, Blue... Red... those ain't the Jays colours no more. :P

You kidding me Phil? It ain't a REAL BLUE JAYS concept until it has Graphite!

:P

ccslcbanner_zps5eda8538.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Well... I guess this (with a white outline) is how the shirt will look once we go print them... not too bad if I don't say so myself!

TBirdBlack.jpg

This also is not that bad...

Tblack.jpg

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Go Leafs Go!

Where do I send my money for the 2nd shirt?

Eh... careful guys... you cannot be selling t-shirts with these logos on them without the permission of the team.

I think it would be cool for Neon to have a shirt that nobody else has.

Although... it would be a good idea to get a few made for the CCSLC Toronto Get-Together.

ccslcbanner_zps5eda8538.jpg

Archived