For Sale!

NickNickNick

Howdy.

So, I'm getting married, and in light of that, it's time to make some money before these things get thrown away or damaged. I am going to put these on ebay, so I'll provide the links. If anyone wants to make an offer and has PayPal, I'll give the members of this board first crack at it. Otherwise, good luck bidding on ebay!

273049885.img.jpg

Wildwing on ebay

334106565.img.jpg

Burger King on ebay

334106563.img.jpg

Seasickness on ebay

All are in Like new worn condition without tags.

Howdy.

So, I'm getting married, and in light of that, it's time to make some money before these things get thrown away or damaged.

And that 'bout sums up marriage right there young fellas.

Say goodbye to all your friends and all your stuff. :rolleyes:

Nice taste in bizzarro jerseys by the way.

Agree with Chaz. You don't typically get that kind of coin for that type jersey. Plus hockey pretty much sells low anyway. And none of these teams are big sellers.

Honestly, if you got $150 for all three you'd be doing really well.

You'll get the $150 easy for the Wildwing. The others, I'm not so sure. But more importantly, now you've got me wondering what marriage will do to my jersey collection someday. I'm looking to Spyboy for support and inspiration.

You'll get the $150 easy for the Wildwing. The others, I'm not so sure. But more importantly, now you've got me wondering what marriage will do to my jersey collection someday. I'm looking to Spyboy for support and inspiration.

Fear not, young man! I'm approaching our 2-year anniversary, and the jersey/sweater collection has actually grown since the marriage. Fortunately, the wife is a sports junkie (although her taste in teams sucks - she's all about the Devils and the Giants from growing up in the wrong end of our fair state, and I'm a die-hard Flyers/Eagles fan... keeps things interesting), and she's as "live and let live" as I am. Of course, her jersey sweater collection has gone from nil to 4 over that same time, so she's as guilty as I am (Strahan, from me, lost a bet; NJD Brodeur [her favorite player ever] and Niedermayer [it was on sale]; Packers Darren Sharper [her classmate at William & Mary]). Maybe that's the trick... :therock:

heh, if you were sellin one of them "Saskatchewan. Cold. Insert Year Here" banners, I'd think about it :D

heh, I echo Neon Matrix, if I had a job (and you weren't using ebay...granted, alternatives are somewhat hard to find, but they're out there), I'd go for one.

I'll get 150$ for each for sure. That's actually the lowest I've seen one of those three go on ebay in the past year or so. The Tampa Bay one I might just get minimum for, but the other two will sell for higher than that, I think. There's actually a bid on the Kings one, and 5 watchers, and 4 watchers on the other two...I just put the jerseys up today.

Oh, and my fiancee never actually said anything about the jerseys...these things are just taking up space, and I the only ones I wear are my Ranger jerseys anyway.

I also must say that the whole "say good-bye to your friends and stuff" line is so predictable sitcom like marriages.

I have a super cool wife. I still buy hats like mad and she can now say that she's been to many, many major league parks.

You just have to find a good woman, not a selfish girl.

Well, I definitely have the good woman. I think she sees the whole jersey-collecting thing as more of an interesting quirk than anything (hey, it's a safer addiction than crack.) She also really likes some of the designs and more obscure teams, and I've heard an "Ooh! I like that one" on more than one occasion. She digs the yellow Peoria Rivermen alt. So if/when we move in together, it'll probably just be a matter of finding a nice place with adequate closet space.

• LMU locked this topic

Archived