Toronto St. Patricks

youcan'tseeme

I don't like the sherbert orange you used, it doesn't mesh well with the green,

The leprechauns beard doesn't look like it belongs on his face, did you draw that on?

Also, the biggest pet peeve I have when viewing concepts for sweaters are; the lack of TV numbers (and a shoulder patch.. if desired), but without TV numbers it just looks incomplete.

I'd try to spruce these jerseys up a bit, maybe add some celtic striping? I don't know, overall it just a bit blah, doesn't do much for me.

I don't like the sherbert orange you used, it doesn't mesh well with the green,

The leprechauns beard doesn't look like it belongs on his face, did you draw that on?

Also, the biggest pet peeve I have when viewing concepts for sweaters are; the lack of TV numbers (and a shoulder patch.. if desired), but without TV numbers it just looks incomplete.

I'd try to spruce these jerseys up a bit, maybe add some celtic striping? I don't know, overall it just a bit blah, doesn't do much for me.

Ok thanks. I'll try another shade of orange, and no I did not draw the beard.

Would you say to use a darker orange or more of a bronze.

As for the shoulder logo/numbering. Though I see what you mean about appearing incomplete, but i really don't understand the reasoning behind having a number on the shoulder when there is a big one already on the back.

untitled-6.jpg

I'd darken the green and make the orange either gold or bronze. I'd bring the 1 closer to the 3 on the backs of the jerseys, and right now the bottom of the jerseys look pretty blank. I'd work on that and these could be pretty cool.

It's been awhile since I've done a hockey concept... but I liked the potential your design had, so I took a few minutes to throw this together. If you want it, shoot me a PM and I'll remove the watermark. If not, oh well.

lucky.png

It's been awhile since I've done a hockey concept... but I liked the potential your design had, so I took a few minutes to throw this together. If you want it, shoot me a PM and I'll remove the watermark. If not, oh well.

lucky.png

That's amazing, you just owned my concept!

untitled-6.jpg

I like the start, maybe instead of an orange alt, maybe a navy alt...I think it may go together alot neater than the orange. Besides one of the best colour schemes at the Cricket World Cup (Starting this week) is the Irish kit of navy and green. (see the thread im about to create in sports logos)

twitter.com/thebrainofMatt

you know that st patrick wasnt, himself a leprechaun right?

thats a fairly irksome image to an irish person, and shows more than a hint of cultural naiivity.

he was a british slave and it was unlikely he was a balding ginger midget.

and he was of course a singular person. not like say the 'bears' or the 'titans'.

its like calling your team the toronto jesus'. it doesnt really make sense.

ive seen concepts for teams called the 'trojans' with wooden horse logos!

why not have a team called the jfks with a rifle logo*?

*(to praraphrase bill hicks)

thats a fairly irksome image to an irish person, and shows more than a hint of cultural naiivity.

and he was of course a singular person. not like say the 'bears' or the 'titans'.

1) they are named in honour of the Toronto St. Pats (I just didn't want to flat out call them that)

2) I never said he was a leprachaun.

3) My whole family is Irish so it's also in honour of Ireland itself. What is most associated with Ireland in North America? Leprachauns, and clovers/shamrocks.

untitled-6.jpg

I like pieces of both the original concept, and the updated one. I do think that a shade of copper of some kind could work out instead of gold. This is because the green, orange and white are the colors of the Irish flag.

1) they are named in honour of the Toronto St. Pats (I just didn't want to flat out call them that)

3) My whole family is Irish so it's also in honour of Ireland itself. What is most associated with Ireland in North America? Leprachauns, and clovers/shamrocks.

1) fair enough,

2) i know you didnt, but the association of anything irish with brash green clovers and leprechauns is very tired.

3) my point exactly. if you are irish yourself, then you should know that those cartoonish cultural references are the exclusive domain of 'irish' americans/ canadians/ english/ australians. and NOT the actual irish.

dont get me wrong, im not just having a go at you, but ive always found the heartfelt pride with which otherwise educated people associate themselves with tired, stereotypical and even mildly offensive cultural iconography, in the name of being 'irish', particularly baffling.

perhaps youve visited? if so surely you could come up with something cleverer than a ginger midget with a penchant for gold? we ve done other stuff in our history than drink, migrate and fight each other.

there, rant over. sorry about that.

sure and begorrah, i feel better, i do.

1) fair enough,

2) i know you didnt, but the association of anything irish with brash green clovers and leprechauns is very tired.

3) my point exactly. if you are irish yourself, then you should know that those cartoonish cultural references are the exclusive domain of 'irish' americans/ canadians/ english/ australians. and NOT the actual irish.

dont get me wrong, im not just having a go at you, but ive always found the heartfelt pride with which otherwise educated people associate themselves with tired, stereotypical and even mildly offensive cultural iconography, in the name of being 'irish', particularly baffling.

perhaps youve visited? if so surely you could come up with something cleverer than a ginger midget with a penchant for gold? we ve done other stuff in our history than drink, migrate and fight each other.

No problem man, I understand you 100%. I really have no other ideas? I was thinking of a Hockey stick with a snake (or 2) wrapped around it, with either a shamrock, or a outline of ireland as the back (simialr to the Cleveland Barons old logo. I can draw it perfectly but i don't have a ascanner and don't have the resourcesor skills to draw it myself on the computer.

untitled-6.jpg

1) fair enough,

No problem man, I understand you 100%. I really have no other ideas? I was thinking of a Hockey stick with a snake (or 2) wrapped around it, with either a shamrock, or a outline of ireland as the back (simialr to the Cleveland Barons old logo. I can draw it perfectly but i don't have a ascanner and don't have the resourcesor skills to draw it myself on the computer.

sorry man, im pulling yer leg a bit.

it does wind me up a bit sometimes tho when i see the nd fighting irish logo and such.

it would be nice for a change to see the san francisco sleepy mexicans or the

new jersey punctual germans or something. irish culture tends to be ripe for parody,

often unintentionally.

i cant fault you on the shamrock (if one more person calls it a clover to my face, i swear to god, ill headbut them back to the stoneage) it is the national symbol, but nobody even uses celtic artwork or even a faux gaelic typography. for design based stuff like this youd think that kind of aesthetic might give you a truer sense of irish identity than the marketing people at lucky charms could?

just a thought.

Archived