Cricket World Cup 2007

Alphabet Man

The 7 week Cricket World Cup tournament began like last night or today our time. This year its in the West Indies and here are what the top 16 teams (which are 10 teams that do play cricket and 6 teams that have like never really every hit a ball apart from a bit of hit and giggle)

Australia will wear a combination of their current away shirt and a retro 80's design (the Australia and stripes across the front).

72625.jpg

England will wear their usual rubbish

72644.jpg

Pakistan will wear something which looks a lot like the last Aussie shirt from last year without the adidas stripes:

72641.jpg

Sri Lanka will wear their royal blue pyjamas

72630.jpg

India have a new shirt, kinda like their flag wrapped around the side of the shirt sort of

72615.jpg

Zimbabwe are back playing Cricket...

72580.jpg

Scotland's kit looks quite neat...must be the Victorian colours...

72568.jpg

The host team, the West Indies:

72450.jpg

Some more teams to go....

hahahahahaha. i like your style, but face it. they all look terrible. even australia.

there are some real shockers there, tho.

youve misse the mighty kiwis! the black caps nearly pull off looking reasonable.

nearly.

Current world No. 1 (but hopefully not for long, we want it back) South Africa

72449.jpg

Here is Bermuda, their strip modelled by their fittest player, he is a part time cricketer, usually a policeman...

72427.jpg

Some better pics of Bermuda and the Windies:

5417.jpg

5419.jpg

Pakistan again

5420.jpg

I take back my views it looks like the old Aussie shirt.

Ireland:

Ireland%20replica%20cricket-Shirt.gif

Holland:

HOLLAND_shirt_large.gif

New Zealand, I think I missed them....

img6813.jpg

(Throw the country name across the front and you have what they will wear)

Kenya, Bangas and Zims to come, and Canada

Bangas:

img7731.jpg

(might be wrong)

Canada

wcs-canada.jpg

An interesting design there

Kenya

71578.jpg

I think thats all, I mean I hope, that was borign enough trying to find them.

hahahahahaha. i like your style, but face it. they all look terrible. even australia.

there are some real shockers there, tho.

youve misse the mighty kiwis! the black caps nearly pull off looking reasonable.

nearly.

I'm not sure, I mean, of the lot you have 2, maybe 3, recognised brands (Adidas - Australia, Nike - India and to a lesser extent Slazenger with 3 or 4 teams)

An adidas shirt without the 3 stripes is supposed to be a good thing isn't it. I actually like the way it looks, its not boring like the other teams that just write on theire country name in Arial font in place of the sponsor. I think the stripes across the front is a good twist to it. I also like the change to a darker yellow than the canary yellow we used to wear.

The Blackcaps are okay i guess, im not too much of a fan of anything New Zealand.

Yeh, well when 3 of your top 4 batsman are out not playing (Gilchrist, Ponting and Clarke) and 2 of your best bowlers (Clark and Lee) and without the most important player (Symonds) then its obvious your going to lose. As Gilchrist put it, its a series nobody wanted.

Let's just wait for the World Cup. We are at full-strength almost, minus Binga Lee and Roy for the next few games.

I don't mind the Windies shirts. Bermuda is OK, at least you could use the one shown as a 4 man tent for camping.

They rest are ordinary.

Is that Ireland shirt on Gazza's template?

Looks like it is.

I like the new India shirt, the font for the INDIA logo is slightly more interesting than normal, and the flag looks better draped across through than in paint brush strokes across the chest on their old shirt...the windies one is alrigh, but the green sleeves...hmmm? i dont like.

The rest: All alright except Englands which remains rubbish and new zealand which is too fussy (a return to the browns please?)...

btw agentrygraphics the cricket world cup is a one day format competition - each side has 50 overs to score as many runs as possible. Obviously they could be bowled out, and that being the case the innings ends (as usual). the format encourages positive batting basically. in the world cup the top 6 teams from the group stage go through to a second league and then the top four proceed to the semi finals and then the final...

a while back there was talk of miami hosting some games for this world cup, but it came to nothing...i don't know if its on in america but try finding it...windies pakistan underway right now, and it sounds like quite a contest (go to www.bbc.co.uk and follow the sport then cricket to listen...

For someone not awfully familiar with cricket...what types of Tests do they play @ the world cup? Seeing all those teams playing normal tests against each other...that'd take forever to complete the cup....

They play under One Day International rules, which means matches take place with a limit of 50 overs.

As for all of this slander of the good name of England. This is all I have to say...

oz.GIF

:P

For someone not awfully familiar with cricket...what types of Tests do they play @ the world cup? Seeing all those teams playing normal tests against each other...that'd take forever to complete the cup....

They play under One Day International rules, which means matches take place with a limit of 50 overs.

As for all of this slander of the good name of England. This is all I have to say...

oz.GIF

:P

But we WIN. Isn't that also the American way?

We just beat them at all the sports they invent.

And, we never went to war with them. You guys did.

Australia will wear a combination of their current away shirt and a retro 80's design (the Australia and stripes across the front).

72625.jpg

The shirt that had that striping pattern on the front in the 80s never had "AUSTRALIA" across the front of it. When we first went to the lettering on the front it was a script font anyway wasn't it? And it was those pale yellow shockers with the green and white stripe on them. (O'Donnell era for you Victorians ;))

• LMU locked this topic

Archived