NBA 1 Major change

Hoopskid

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I see a lot of Blue and Green around the Target Center (and i don't mean empty seats...but those are there too.) The T-wolves "street" team wears Royal Blue and Green stuff, and the Wolves have planned a Retro Throwback Night where everyone gets stuff with the old logo...which could mean nothing but it could mean something too.

I think the Wolves need an update worse than anyone in the league.

But the Hornets should ditch the teal, the Hawks should ditch the Nipple Hawk, Clippers need a total over-haul, Knicks should change to less black, Boston should poop on the Black unis, Wizards should tone down the gold unis and go Gold and Black, Orlando should go back to pinstripes...whew...i kind of just blacked out there and that happened.

The NBA is a mess...but the T-Wolves are the worst offenders.

I see a lot of Blue and Green around the Target Center (and i don't mean empty seats...but those are there too.) The T-wolves "street" team wears Royal Blue and Green stuff, and the Wolves have planned a Retro Throwback Night where everyone gets stuff with the old logo...which could mean nothing but it could mean something too.

I think the Wolves need an update worse than anyone in the league.

But the Hornets should ditch the teal, the Hawks should ditch the Nipple Hawk, Clippers need a total over-haul, Knicks should change to less black, Boston should poop on the Black unis, Wizards should tone down the gold unis and go Gold and Black, Orlando should go back to pinstripes...whew...i kind of just blacked out there and that happened.

The NBA is a mess...but the T-Wolves are the worst offenders.

I used to like Minnesota's but I agree with you... there logo is due for an overhaul, the trees on the jersey just looks funny now.

Another team that isn't changing, BUT SHOULD, is Charlotte. ORANGE IS A HORRIBLE MAIN COLOR for a look, but I guess it does match their play the first three years.

And one other possibility: Toronto... They may pull a Blue Jays and change looks one year after a minor overhaul, similar to the Blue Jays a few years ago. After all the Raptors logo has a lot of purple in it, and they're trying to phase that out. Just an opinion though.

High Quality Entertainment for the masses.

DiamondbacksSig.pngsuperbowlxliii-1.png

I dont know if you guys agree, but I think if the Raps want to stay with the logo but pull off a Jazz color change it will probably look like this (my guess)...

rapsconcept.png

take the purple change it to red, take the silver change it to gray, and make the red more of a modern red look than before.

16 NBA Titles

1949, 1950, 1952, 1953, 1954, 1972, 1980, 1982, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2009, 2010

It looks to me like the Warriors are using that W with the bolt through it as their new primary. Could a uniform revamp be far behind. They need one the most by far. There is nother wrong with the Timberwolves.

Everyone loves a roundel.

It looks to me like the Warriors are using that W with the bolt through it as their new primary. Could a uniform revamp be far behind. They need one the most by far. There is nother wrong with the Timberwolves.

Just cause there using that logo I don't think that there going to change - I don't like their orange jersey but the others are some of the best in the league.

If the Hawks get new unis, the most likely change would be less black and more yellow, they did get the yellow alternate somewhat recently.

I think the team most in need of a change is the Clippers. Boring, Piston-like jersey + copy off of the Lakers = not such a great set.

While I'm at it, just want to say that I HATE the wizards gold alternate. I just hope that no other teams try to pull off the different color pants look...

To be honest, the entire Warriors franchise needs a revamp...

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Warriors? They could be improved, but other teams have bigger problems.

Timberwolves would make sense to change the most. They haven't had a lot of success the last few seasons. Clippers also need a change. I have always disliked the Blazers logo, the whole franchise, the jerseys are nice but the logos suck. A team that will most likely keep their logo the longest? I'd say Celtics, or atleast that style of a logo. And i'd love to see a Bulls alt logo.

Timberwolves would make sense to change the most. They haven't had a lot of success the last few seasons. Clippers also need a change. I have always disliked the Blazers logo, the whole franchise, the jerseys are nice but the logos suck. A team that will most likely keep their logo the longest? I'd say Celtics, or atleast that style of a logo. And i'd love to see a Bulls alt logo.

lol I happened to have what you might be looking for, although its a little rough.

bullsaltlogo.jpg

EDIT: Sorry for the size

16 NBA Titles

1949, 1950, 1952, 1953, 1954, 1972, 1980, 1982, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2009, 2010

i always thought the blazers logo was quality (better before the update (both script and picture logo))... the t and p formed are great, and they have 5 stripes each = two basketball teams in opposition - clever no?

timberwolves are looking very 90's now, but i love their shorts (the literalism of hmm... timber and wolves combined...genius), though the script on the jerseys could do with a change...

warriors uni's are terrible, as are charlotte's (though they won't change). can't of others that haven't either been changed recently or are too clasic to change...

Slowly the Raptor claw is becoming their main logo. it's everywhere now. I don't think Toronto even uses the current main on merchandise.

A previous post about the claw as being the new primary made me look into the subject further recently. The response I got was, "Only the claw secondary logo and uniform wordmarks should be used on products". However the dinosaur logo is still listed as the primary and there has been no word of removing or replacing it.

DucksCupSig.png

ChargersSig4.gif

Slowly the Raptor claw is becoming their main logo. it's everywhere now. I don't think Toronto even uses the current main on merchandise.

A previous post about the claw as being the new primary made me look into the subject further recently. The response I got was, "Only the claw secondary logo and uniform wordmarks should be used on products". However the dinosaur logo is still listed as the primary and there has been no word of removing or replacing it.

that can work pretty successfully, i mean, look at the yankees. the NY is on basically all the merchandise, but they still have the tophat-bat-baseball logo as their primary.

The Warriors have the same policy (and i think the hornets do as well, while in OKC that is)

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" • News • Facebook • X/Twitter • Instagram

Much earlier in this thread, I saw someone mention the Sixers. That would actually be cool. Although I love black jerseys, I always preferred the Sixers unis from the early 80's. If they could maybe use that look, modernize it just a little, that's a good set.

at the beginning of the season, i emailed someone in the timberwolves and they said that there was no plan to change their logo or uniforms in the next couple of years. i wish they would tweak the unis and just plain overhaul the logo.

sms.gif

Archived