The Bulls wearing GREEN Uni's

stlfan452

Exactly like the Celtics alts...minus the Shamrocks and the big bold black stripe up the shorts...and with a red Bull in it's place.... :rolleyes:

Enough with the "St. Patrick's Day" uniforms. Its tired.

Why don't teams wear red uniforms on Valentine's Day? How about Brown uniforms on Thanksgiving? Red, white and blue on Flag Day?

What is the harm in this exactly?

Both Chicago and Boston have large Irish populations. What's wrong with Chicago wearing green for St. Patty's day? Heck, it actually works that the jerseys were worn against the Celts, this way both teams wore green for the occasion. Seriously, when you have a city that dyes its river green for the occasion, what's wrong with the local team wearing green against an Irish-themed team? I find the concept to be awesome.

VmWIn6B.png

Exactly like the Celtics alts...minus the Shamrocks and the big bold black stripe up the shorts...and with a red Bull in it's place.... :rolleyes:

Enough with the "St. Patrick's Day" uniforms. Its tired.

Why don't teams wear red uniforms on Valentine's Day? How about Brown uniforms on Thanksgiving? Red, white and blue on Flag Day?

teams in the nba actually started wearing red on v-day this year, sure hope i'm not ruining any sarcasm here.

and though it is kind of like a practice game, at least you can differentiate the teams cleanly - unlike when, say, the University of Washington wears their (very light) gold alternates on the road:

851955.jpeg

though Boston wears its Irish heritage very much on its sleeve (or, on their NBA teams' uniforms as it were) Chicago has just as much heritage. I don't see any problem with it at all.

harperdc.gif

Ok wearing them for one day is one thing.....but isn't St. Patricks Day Saturday? why are they wearing them now?!

My guess would be that its because this is the last home game before St. Patrick's day and they felt the good people of Memphis would not appreciate the green unis.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

they support the should-be-instituted-now St. Patrick's Day Holiday Season, perhaps?

don't act like you don't think a St. Patrick's Day Season would be ONE MILLION times better than the Christmas season.

harperdc.gif

and though it is kind of like a practice game, at least you can differentiate the teams cleanly - unlike when, say, the University of Washington wears their (very light) gold alternates on the road:

851955.jpeg

though Boston wears its Irish heritage very much on its sleeve (or, on their NBA teams' uniforms as it were) Chicago has just as much heritage. I don't see any problem with it at all.

If you think that's confusing, I'm sure many of us here won't forget this day...

dev218.jpg

I understand, say, the White Sox doing this, but I'm pretty sure nobody on the Bulls and maybe a small percentage of their fans are Irish....

It's still Chicago. Chicago is Irish. Last time I checked the bulls represented the city and not only a certain part of the population.

I don't know why there would be a vastly different percentage of Irish fans for the White Sox vs. the Bulls. I'd imagine the percentage is pretty similar across the board for all chicago teams.

Why bother? So it's St Patty's day on Saturday, but does this club not want to keep its integrity? I mean, they have a history, surely you don't want to break with tradition and wear completely different colours for a 'special' day or two.

Lame, stupid and pointless if you ask me.

twitter.com/thebrainofMatt

Archived