The Bulls wearing GREEN Uni's

stlfan452

Why bother? So it's St Patty's day on Saturday, but does this club not want to keep its integrity? I mean, they have a history, surely you don't want to break with tradition and wear completely different colours for a 'special' day or two.

Lame, stupid and pointless if you ask me.

All about marketing and creating more merchandise for people to buy. Has nothing to do with integrity, which left a long, long time ago.

Last time I checked the bulls represented the city and not only a certain part of the population.

Uh, not everyone is Irish in Chicago, so doing this IS representing "only a certain part of the population," right?

Last year against the Heat I thought nothing of it beyond what a minor-league idea it was. Last night, when I turn on the game and the first thing I try to figure out is what that diamond pattern on the Celtics alts' shorts is.... well, a fan should recognize his team right away.

Sure, I figured it out after a few seconds, but the Bulls wearing green and the Celtics wearing white at the United Center? Sorry, that was ridiculous.

Though I admitt it's just another way for the NBA to sell jerseys, I think the fact they're only worn once or twice a year is pretty harmless.

If baseball, with all the sanctity and herritage, can get away with wearin' St. Pats Day gear, I think it's okay for the other sports to do the same.

As for the Chicago fans not being Irish aspect, do the Knicks have any more leg to stand on for their St. Patrick's Day alt? At least Chicago is known for a distinct celebration of the holiday (dying the Chicago River).

I was confused...until I looked at the shorts. I have a hard time believeing the pros on this board were hoodwinked for very long. I'd venture the completely safe guess that they wore the greens last night to make green and because the Celtics were in town.

I understand, say, the White Sox doing this, but I'm pretty sure nobody on the Bulls and maybe a small percentage of their fans are Irish....

Huh? If Chicago has a large Irish contingent, and Chicagoans tend to follow their local teams, wouldn't it stand to reason that many Chicago Bulls fans are, in fact, Irish? Chazberg, who ya crappin'.

I'm pretty sure almost everyone likes St. Patricks day. We are all irish for a day. This is just a neat little tradition that I think is pretty cool. Having said that though, I was a little confused watching the game at first. Mike Gormin and Tommy Heinsohn, the announcers, even made a point about not having to adjust your tv.

Ok wearing them for one day is one thing.....but isn't St. Patricks Day Saturday? why are they wearing them now?!

My guess would be that its because this is the last home game before St. Patrick's day and they felt the good people of Memphis would not appreciate the green unis.

I want to say they're wearing them against the Grizz in Memphis.

Ok wearing them for one day is one thing.....but isn't St. Patricks Day Saturday? why are they wearing them now?!

My guess would be that its because this is the last home game before St. Patrick's day and they felt the good people of Memphis would not appreciate the green unis.

I want to say they're wearing them against the Grizz in Memphis.

Yes, they will be, on Saturday.

And as far as baseball teams, it's mostly tolerable because it's done in spring training... except for the White Sox's "halfway to St. Patrick's Day" promotion. It's fine for them, I suppose, but if everyone in MLB started wearing green on Sept. 14 (this year's Sox date, I believe), that'd be a problem.

• LMU locked this topic

Archived